Floor mats!

Great ... looking forward to your detailed report! :)
I received my custom floor mats from custoarmor and, as promised, I’m sharing my thoughts. I ordered mats for the front and back seats as well as for the trunk and frunk. They arrived in just under three weeks. The directions say to lay them out for a few days to remove any creases from shipping. Putting them in the sun will speed the process. I didn’t do that but did let them set out for two days. Not sure that made much of a difference – they didn’t appear that creased to me.

Installation was fairly straightforward, they are car mats, after all. They do have clips attached that you can slide between the carpet and molding to hold them in place. See the pictures and you’ll get the idea. They provide extra clips in case you need them. I didn’t use any of the extra clips, in fact, I didn’t use all of the ones that are built in since there were a few places where it was too tight to slide them in.

I like that they don’t smell! Like many on this forum I had to get rid of my Motor Trend mats because the oily/petroleum smell was more than I could handle. I know this isn’t everyone’s experience, but the smell was too overbearing for me.

The coverage is terrific! Not only to they come up on the sides but they also come up to reach the seats, both in the front and the back. Again, see the pictures.

There is a replaceable heel pad, which is nice.

I think they look fine. I have a Santa Cruz interior and went with a beige color. It’s not a great match but I thought going with black would be too overpowering. I wish the color match was better, but when I’m driving the car I’m not looking at the floor mats.

They fit well and they feel fine. In the back the mats go around the air vent on the floor and I’m guessing they will settle a bit over time and not cause any issues.

The trunk mat seems a little too big. There is and inch or two that comes up all around the edge of the trunk mat (see pictures) and it took me a couple of tries to get it positioned correctly. When I positioned the mat correctly in the back it extended too far up at the front of the trunk. I can push it down so it is level with the edge of the trunk, but it won’t stay there – it pops up a bit. It works, and the trunk closes fine, but it feels like it’s just a bit too big. The trunk mat does not cover the compartment that holds the charging cables, which is fine, but the mat has the turned up edge at that part which keeps the mat from laying flat. Not really a big deal.

The frunk mat fits better than the trunk mat. Both have openings for the handles, although I don’t think you can really open the cover to the lower compartment without removing, or at least pushing back, the mat.

They should be durable and easy to clean but time will tell. I still might replace them when the 3D mats or Tuxmats come out, but for now I am pleased and do not regret my purchase. They are certainly protecting my carpet!

If anyone has questions, please let me know.
7ADB3A86-6799-4760-8E6C-74C0D36FE1F2.jpeg
E1ECEA62-2168-49EE-A534-BD2689A51A01.jpeg
FEB0995B-30C6-4EC1-9DE6-BD1A1E3C140D.jpeg
96C16A27-F214-40C6-B7A8-664940DD482E.jpeg
E83EAAE6-88E5-4877-B958-63B4CF35CA5D.jpeg
1F830AA3-3B3E-4C95-BB24-A09D57CB2A7F.jpeg
EED4EA69-0364-4247-AEF0-7AFFC3281C3D.jpeg
D80D28D0-60E4-455E-BC1D-49E410AAC3B0.jpeg
BAE520A9-0C9D-4DA6-B508-6062928A743F.jpeg
F42816DE-71CA-49BC-A838-98B0A1F47E97.jpeg

I received my custom floor mats from custoarmor and, as promised, I’m sharing my thoughts. I ordered mats for the front and back seats as well as for the trunk and frunk. They arrived in just under three weeks. The directions say to lay them out for a few days to remove any creases from shipping. Putting them in the sun will speed the process. I didn’t do that but did let them set out for two days. Not sure that made much of a difference – they didn’t appear that creased to me.

Installation was fairly straightforward, they are car mats, after all. They do have clips attached that you can slide between the carpet and molding to hold them in place. See the pictures and you’ll get the idea. They provide extra clips in case you need them. I didn’t use any of the extra clips, in fact, I didn’t use all of the ones that are built in since there were a few places where it was too tight to slide them in.

I like that they don’t smell! Like many on this forum I had to get rid of my Motor Trend mats because the oily/petroleum smell was more than I could handle. I know this isn’t everyone’s experience, but the smell was too overbearing for me.

The coverage is terrific! Not only to they come up on the sides but they also come up to reach the seats, both in the front and the back. Again, see the pictures.

I think they look fine. I have a Santa Cruz interior and went with a beige color. It’s not a great match but I thought going with black would be too overpowering. I wish the color match was better, but when I’m driving the car I’m not looking at the floor mats.

They fit well and they feel fine. In the back the mats go around the air vent on the floor and I’m guessing they will settle a bit over time and not cause any issues.

The trunk mat seems a little too big. There is and inch or two that comes up all around the edge of the trunk mat (see pictures) and it took me a couple of tries to get it positioned correctly. When I positioned the mat correctly in the back it extended too far up at the front of the trunk. I can push it down so it is level with the edge of the trunk, but it won’t stay there – it pops up a bit. It works, and the trunk closes fine, but it feels like it’s just a bit too big. The trunk mat does not cover the compartment that holds the charging cables, which is fine, but the mat has the turned up edge at that part which keeps the mat from laying flat. Not really a big deal.

The frunk mat fits better than the trunk mat. Both have openings for the handles, although I don’t think you can really open the cover to the lower compartment without removing, or at least pushing back, the mat.

They should be durable and easy to clean but time will tell. I still might replace them when the 3D mats or Tuxmats come out, but for now I am pleased and do not regret my purchase. They are certainly protecting my carpet!

If anyone has questions, please let me know.View attachment 9254View attachment 9255View attachment 9256View attachment 9257View attachment 9247View attachment 9248View attachment 9249View attachment 9250View attachment 9252View attachment 9253
Can you buy these now?

If anyone has questions, please let me know
Thanks for posting pics. They actually fit better than I expected

If anyone has questions, please let me know.View attachment 9254View attachment 9255View attachment 9256View attachment 9257View attachment 9247View attachment 9248View attachment 9249View attachment 9250View attachment 9252View attachment 9253
I'm not feeling it but the frunk looks great. I don't think it will be 3-5 months for the 3d mats as mentioned the other day as I was told probably just another 30 days or so.

I like the fit & coverage. Awaiting the black any day, though the shipping is a bit mysterious.

These are the WeatherTech cut to fit all weather mats that I mentioned. I just placed them over the existing Lucid mats for the pictures. I actually do not mind how they look. They will work for the purpose that I have in mind. Once something better hits the market I might step up. Another word of advice. If you purchase them on Amazon you will save some money. PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID NOT CUT THE MATS. THIS IS HOW THEY COME FROM WEATHERTECH. I think the fit is pretty good. I am happy with the purchase.

I apologize for how dirty they look. Another wet and ugly Northwest day. This is from walking out to the car to take the quick pics. Exactly why we need good all weather mats
What is the smell factor of the mats? I bought an aftermarket set that claimed to be odor free and they stunk like nasty oil/plastic - had to send them back. Do the WeatherTech ones smell at all?

Question: It looks like there is an option to order "Trunk" mats. Does that option include the Frunk & Trunk or Trunk only? I'm wondering how you ordered Trunk & Frunk on their site.

Anyone concerned about the material of this customized mats and the durability over time? Unless the picture is not doing justice…

Question: It looks like there is an option to order "Trunk" mats. Does that option include the Frunk & Trunk or Trunk only? I'm wondering how you ordered Trunk & Frunk on their site.
When you order they will send you an email asking for pictures of your car. Not sure why they need those, but they ask. It was during that exchange that I was asked if I wanted trunk and frunk mats and I said yes. I believe there is a comment section on the order form, I would just note it there that you would like trunk and frunk mats. I let them know that I wanted different colors for the interior versus the trunk.

3D Maxipider mats is now shipping mats for the Air Dream Edition and Grand Touring, though they don't show in the company's website yet. Per 3D:
"
Products recently arrived, and will be uploaded to the website in the upcoming weeks.

Please email Customer Service at [email protected] to place the order, as we are not accepting any phone orders.
(Complete Set Floor Liners in Black, SKU # L1LU00001509 / Gray color SKU # L1LU00001501)
"

3D Maxipider mats is now shipping mats for the Air Dream Edition and Grand Touring, though they don't show in the company's website yet. Per 3D:
"
Products recently arrived, and will be uploaded to the website in the upcoming weeks.

Please email Customer Service at [email protected] to place the order, as we are not accepting any phone orders.
(Complete Set Floor Liners in Black, SKU # L1LU00001509 / Gray color SKU # L1LU00001501)
"

Based on the description, I take it the frunk/trunk mats are not included?

"

"
Just black? No beige color?

I wonder how the trunk would work with the removable lid for the extra space?

Just black? No beige color?
Just black and gray. I ordered gray hoping that it wouldn't clash with my Santa Cruz carpets and gray door panels/rear seats.

Just black and gray. I ordered gray hoping that it wouldn't clash with my Santa Cruz carpets and gray door panels/rear seats.

What's the price? I just got the "official" Lucid AW mats and they were pretty expensive for what they are and even more so if I replace them immediately with the 3d mats! 😅

Back