First Touring Production Run

Firstto520

Cars
Lucid GT
Many of you may have received this via email but I thought I'd share it here as well.

The first Touring production run will be built with the following options:
  1. The Platinum Look
  2. Glass Canopy
  3. Santa Cruz or Tahoe interior themes
  4. DreamDrive Pro
  5. Surreal Sound Pro
  6. Most colors and and wheel options
Just sharing this in case you're a Touring reservation holder hoping to expedite things. While you should always consult your tax advisor, it also looks like the tax credit for 2022 might be back in play. Again - critical to talk to your tax adviser, but here is what the IRS is now stating:

If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022, and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold).

Hope this is helpful.

Good summary. According the website today. Another way to think about it is the following options are delayed:

- Stealth pack (Q1 2023)
- metal roof (“later” availability)
- Mojave (Q1 2023)
- cars without DDPro (Q1 2023)
- cars without SSPro (“later” availability)

I've finalized already but without DDP and with Mojave. What if I switch to DDP and one of those interior themes? Assuming this is allowed, how likely am I to take delivery before the end of 2022? It is dawning on me that if the IRS disallows the tax credit for 2023 deliveries, the effective cost of DDP becomes $1500...much more palatable.

I've finalized already but without DDP and with Mojave. What if I switch to DDP and one of those interior themes? Assuming this is allowed, how likely am I to take delivery before the end of 2022? It is dawning on me that if the IRS disallows the tax credit for 2023 deliveries, the effective cost of DDP becomes $1500...much more palatable.
Every circumstance is a little different but I would reach out to your Sales Advisor to discuss. They're the best source of truth, but my instinct tells me you'd have a pretty solid shot.

Since Mojave isn’t supposed to come out until Q1 2023 your chances of getting it before the end of year are slim to none

If you edit them there is a chance. But I still wouldn’t count on it. I’m not expecting significant touring deliveries until next year. Even with other options

Many of you may have received this via email but I thought I'd share it here as well.

1. The Platinum Look
  2. Glass Canopy
  4. DreamDrive Pro
  5. Surreal Sound Pro
Just sharing this in case you're a Touring reservation holder hoping to expedite things. While you should always consult your tax advisor, it also looks like the tax credit for 2022 might be back in play. Again - critical to talk to your tax adviser, but here is what the IRS is now stating:

If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022, and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold).

Hope this is helpful.
Is the tax credit scenario you are discussing for those with a "binding contract"? I'm assuming it is, but wanted to get clarification. The Tax Credit thread is an amazing thing on this forum (lololol)

Is the tax credit scenario you are discussing for those with a "binding contract"? I'm assuming it is, but wanted to get clarification. The Tax Credit thread is an amazing thing on this forum (lololol)
I need to be super careful here as this is clearly an evolving target. The best thing you can possibly do is get perspective from a tax professional (which I am most certainly not). But, if you were to take delivery this year, you'd inherently be entered into a binding contract.

Thanks for providing the insight.
Any chances of Touring with the bigger battery pack? Asking for a friend ;)

Since Mojave isn’t supposed to come out until Q1 2023 your chances of getting it before the end of year are slim to none

If you edit them there is a chance. But I still wouldn’t count on it. I’m not expecting significant touring deliveries until next year. Even with other options
As I reread the IRS guidance on their website, it seems less and less likely to me (and I hope to be wrong) that I'll actually get the $7500 credit with my build if delivered in 2023, since $1k is not 5% of the purchase price. The IRS would have to make an exception to the "for tax purposes in general" doctrine.

The "instinct" of Firstto520 that I'd have a "pretty solid shot" if I changed my configuration suggests to me that this production run is well underway but not all of those cars are spoken for. But that is very much a guess and perhaps we'll learn more tomorrow.

As I reread the IRS guidance on their website, it seems less and less likely to me (and I hope to be wrong) that I'll actually get the $7500 credit with my build if delivered in 2023, since $1k is not 5% of the purchase price. The IRS would have to make an exception to the "for tax purposes in general" doctrine.

The "instinct" of Firstto520 that I'd have a "pretty solid shot" if I changed my configuration suggests to me that this production run is well underway but not all of those cars are spoken for. But that is very much a guess and perhaps we'll learn more tomorrow.
Just trying to do a service for the community. Many folks are keen to take delivery, hence my sharing.

Just trying to do a service for the community. Many folks are keen to take delivery, hence my sharing.
Thanks! I've reached out and waiting to hear back from my DA about whether I can actually make changes to my order past the 7 day threshold. If not all the production run is sold yet then it would make sense for you guys to make an exception for me...it would be one more definite sale for your Q4 numbers.

I need to be super careful here as this is clearly an evolving target. The best thing you can possibly do is get perspective from a tax professional (which I am most certainly not). But, if you were to take delivery this year, you'd inherently be entered into a binding contract.
The “binding contract” and “take possession” rules are separate. The former requires a binding contract before August 16, 2022, and it appears safe to assume Lucid did not properly do that for any Touring owners by simply making our $1,000 deposits non-refundable. The latter requires purchasing and taking possession between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022. If we’re lucky, maybe a few hundred Touring owners will have this honor.

Just a reminder: Let’s keep the more in depth tax discussion to one of the tax threads. Such as this one: https://lucidowners.com/threads/7500-ev-tax-credit-update-with-new-bill.2120/page-24#post-84836

Plenty of info there if you’re just catching up.

Meanwhile, it’s good to hear Lucid still expects what sounds like a decent number of Touring deliveries in 2022. Great news for Lucid’s Q4. Great news for those of us who have been waiting.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

CNBC article says Peter Rawlinson discussed Touring to get 425 miles at 4.6m/kwh efficiency and the Pure at 410 miles.

CNBC article says Peter Rawlinson discussed Touring to get 425 miles at 4.6m/kwh efficiency and the Pure at 410 miles.
425 miles was also stated in the Engadget video for Touring. Somehow I think in the real world the two trims will have indistinguishable ranges.

1. The Platinum Look
  2. Glass Canopy
  4. DreamDrive Pro
  5. Surreal Sound Pro

Hope this is helpful.
When can we expect to be invited to finalize Air Pure AWD, DDP, SSP, 19"?

When can we expect to be invited to finalize Air Pure AWD, DDP, SSP, 19"?
I’d be surprised if they don’t start confirming Pure orders today or tomorrow.

anyone going to the BH studio to see the touring? I will try to make it there by Sunday, take some photos for the forum. If someone goes before please do take photos of the interior and send them over!

anyone going to the BH studio to see the touring? I will try to make it there by Sunday, take some photos for the forum. If someone goes before please do take photos of the interior and send them over!
@hydbob and I will be at the event tonight.

Back