First Lucid AGT at Protective Film Solutions, Santa Ana

Did PFS offer full front PPF? Why do you ceramic coat full car PPF?
Yes, I believe so. They have lots of different options. The ceramic coating, as I understand it, adds another layer of protection but also makes it much easier to wash as things (bird poop, tree sap, bugs) don’t stick to it as much as non-ceramic coating. And, honestly, given how much the PPF is ($8,030 + tax) the $500 extra for full ceramic coating didn’t seem much. I figured I’d try it out for a year and see if I like it.

Yes, I believe so. They have lots of different options. The ceramic coating, as I understand it, adds another layer of protection but also makes it much easier to wash as things (bird poop, tree sap, bugs) don’t stick to it as much as non-ceramic coating. And, honestly, given how much the PPF is ($8,030 + tax) the $500 extra for full ceramic coating didn’t seem much. I figured I’d try it out for a year and see if I like it.
Ceramic isn't something you just try out. Once it's on, it's on for at least 5 years unless you buff it out. Also, you can put anything on top of the ceramic after it's on.

Ceramic isn't something you just try out. Once it's on, it's on for at least 5 years unless you buff it out. Also, you can put anything on top of the ceramic after it's on.
Hmm..interesting. Ok. I did not know that. The person at PFS told me you need to get the coating reapplied (maintained) once a year (or two) and it’s basically another $500. So I figured this would be a running bill and I’d try it out before re-upping in a year or two

Hmm..interesting. Ok. I did not know that. The person at PFS told me you need to get the coating reapplied (maintained) once a year (or two) and it’s basically another $500. So I figured this would be a running bill and I’d try it out before re-upping in a year or two
That one a year maintenance they just give your car a good wash, correct any problems and apply a maintenance coat. The opticoat pro lasts for 5 years with no annual maintenance required.

That one a year maintenance they just give your car a good wash, correct any problems and apply a maintenance coat. The opticoat pro lasts for 5 years with no annual maintenance required.
Ok. Thanks for this as I didn’t know. I’ll call PFS and ask about this. It may have been my misunderstanding.

The person at PFS told me you need to get the coating reapplied (maintained) once a year (or two) and it’s basically another $500. So I figured this would be a running bill and I’d try it out before re-upping in a year or two
Depending on the shop, some only offer 1 level of ceramic coating - the full multi-year coat even if they give the choice of different vendors. Some offer Bronze, Silver, Gold. Bronze would be your single year coat. They put a single thin layer of a product that either is multi-layered to achieve Gold multi-year durability or they just use a cheap consumer grade product. I think you understood it correctly, the $500 ceramic coating is a single year durability and needs to be reapplied every 1 to 2 years (depending garaging and how well maintained). If you paid $800 or $1200, you would probably get the multi-year application. I think PFS sells the single layer and multi-layer application for different prices.

But a good ceramic coating with application of a ceramic boost product every 3 to 6 months can last the life of the car. For example, xpel has a ceramic coating product warranted for 4 years and a ceramic boost spray. Applying the spray puts an extremely thin layer of ceramic on top of the coating replacing what was worn out by the environment and xpel formulates the spray to add more hydrophobic capability.

to be clear, you *can't* put anything on top of the ceramic after it's on.

Hope they do a great job for you as they did for me!
They did a great job! They did the window tinting for me...but not the top. Just the driver and passenger front and rear...and the rear windshield. Looks great. Will post pictures of before/after later.

Reactions: NPN
Yes, I was very surprised when PFS said no to tinting the glass canopy as nearly everyone on the forum recommends it. So far, I’m okay with it “as is” but I suspect I’ll later want to add tint. The glass I’m mainly interested in tinting is the forward glass over the front seats that flows into the windshield. I didn’t pursue further after they said no twice ….
Did your AGT require paint correction before PPF?

Back