First Lucid AGT at Protective Film Solutions, Santa Ana

NPN

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT/Red/Tahoe/19"
I dropped my car off this morning at PFS - Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana for full body Paint Protection Film and ceramic inside and out. Apparently mine is the first Lucid Air they have seen at this facility. I highly recommend if you use PFS to get a tour of their facility. They showed me the entire process including their CAD-CAM program for 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring that provides templates that guide the techs as they cut the protective film. My car was assigned to their most senior film tech because mine is the first Lucid. I got to see a number of vehicles in various stages of completion. I definitely felt pretty good leaving my car in their hands as it was going to be sandwiched between a Bugatti and a Rolls Royce! They did refuse to tint the glass canopy as they said it was "too difficult" and they "couldn't guarantee doing an adequate job" due to the number of cameras and sensors involved. They said they will reconsider if the car becomes more popular and they start seeing a larger number of Lucid vehicles. The car will be in their hands for a week. I'll let everyone know sthe end result.

I dropped my car off this morning at PFS - Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana for full body Paint Protection Film and ceramic inside and out. Apparently mine is the first Lucid Air they have seen at this facility. I highly recommend if you use PFS to get a tour of their facility. They showed me the entire process including their CAD-CAM program for 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring that provides templates that guide the techs as they cut the protective film. My car was assigned to their most senior film tech because mine is the first Lucid. I got to see a number of vehicles in various stages of completion. I definitely felt pretty good leaving my car in their hands as it was going to be sandwiched between a Bugatti and a Rolls Royce! They did refuse to tint the glass canopy as they said it was "too difficult" and they "couldn't guarantee doing an adequate job" due to the number of cameras and sensors involved. They said they will reconsider if the car becomes more popular and they start seeing a larger number of Lucid vehicles. The car will be in their hands for a week. I'll let everyone know sthe end result.
Do you mean the windshield? The rear canopy has no sensors or cameras 🤷‍♂️

Also, plenty have had their windshields tinted with no issue.

Do you mean the windshield? The rear canopy has no sensors or cameras 🤷‍♂️

Also, plenty have had their windshields tinted with no issue.
Yes, I was very surprised when PFS said no to tinting the glass canopy as nearly everyone on the forum recommends it. So far, I’m okay with it “as is” but I suspect I’ll later want to add tint. The glass I’m mainly interested in tinting is the forward glass over the front seats that flows into the windshield. I didn’t pursue further after they said no twice ….

Yes, I was very surprised when PFS said no to tinting the glass canopy as nearly everyone on the forum recommends it. So far, I’m okay with it “as is” but I suspect I’ll later want to add tint. The glass I’m mainly interested in tinting is the forward glass over the front seats that flows into the windshield. I didn’t pursue further after they said no twice ….
I did previously have a guy who mentioned it was “too hard” also, so I mean 🤷‍♂️

My tint guy actually also declined to do the windshield for my EQS. A different shop had no problem.
The first guy apparently had drowned the motherboard in a Tesla so he was gun shy of cars he‘s not familiar with.

Very excited for you and interested in the result. I’m heading there mid to end of Oct. Let us know how it turns out and how long it took.

Picked up my Lucid after a week at PFS in Santa Ana. Full PPF and ceramic inside & out. Apparently it took three technicians to stretch the film to do one piece coverage on front end. Highly recommend the shop. They did a great job. Car looked better than when I picked up from Costa Mesa Service Center. PFS said they currently have two more Lucids scheduled and so they are going to start figuring out how to tint windows! I'm okay with no tint so far but may change my mind once summer rolls around again.

Attachments

• Lucid-1.jpeg
    Lucid-1.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 183
Very excited for you and interested in the result. I’m heading there mid to end of Oct. Let us know how it turns out and how long it took.
Turned out great. Better than when I received the car. See pic I just posted.

Picked up my Lucid after a week at PFS in Santa Ana. Full PPF and ceramic inside & out. Apparently it took three technicians to stretch the film to do one piece coverage on front end. Highly recommend the shop. They did a great job. Car looked better than when I picked up from Costa Mesa Service Center. PFS said they currently have two more Lucids scheduled and so they are going to start figuring out how to tint windows! I'm okay with no tint so far but may change my mind once summer rolls around again.
Nice! In surprised yours was the first one in the 9 months since I got a quote from them. Really surprising actually!

Nice! In surprised yours was the first one in the 9 months since I got a quote from them. Really surprising actually!
I was surprised, too, and a bit nervous to be first; but they did an amazing job. Once they get some experience and volume, I hope they get motivated to figure out the window tint. They were very concerned about the number of cameras and sensors and said they wouldn't do it unless they started seeing more of the car and could do it flawlessly. At least that's the excuse they gave me for saying "no" to tinting.

That’s awesome. I’m one of those “two more lucids scheduled”. Will be dropping off next week. Very excited!

Hope no one gets offended by this question. But, I have never had any coating or ceramic put on any of my previous cars. With all the discussions in this forum, I am considering it for my Touring. Can someone provide a ballpark cost to have it done?

Hope no one gets offended by this question. But, I have never had any coating or ceramic put on any of my previous cars. With all the discussions in this forum, I am considering it for my Touring. Can someone provide a ballpark cost to have it done?

Full Vehicle PPF: $5500

Full Nose PPF: $2100

Rockers PPF: $495

Ceramic on Painted Surfaces: $1499

Ceramic on Wheel Faces: $50/per wheel

Ceramic w/ Wheels Off & Brake Calipers: $150/per wheel

From Mohawk in Scotia-Glenville.

This was my first experience to do PPF and ceramic, too. I took my Lucid AGT to Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana, CA. $7300 full vehicle PPF (XPEL Ultimate Clear), $500 each for exterior ceramic coating over PPF and interior (Glanz Ceramic).

This was my first experience to do PPF and ceramic, too. I took my Lucid AGT to Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana, CA. $7300 full vehicle PPF (XPEL Ultimate Clear), $500 each for exterior ceramic coating over PPF and interior (Glanz Ceramic).
Same quote but 10% more for the Xpel Stealth so $8030. I don’t remember the tint price but seemed reasonable. Dropping car off this week.

Thanks! Did you provide PFS with a new Lucid Air badge/emblem or did they reuse the existing?
They must have reused the existing as they asked me for nothing! I did see where others on this forum had to replace their emblem .... but all of mine were left intact ....

They must have reused the existing as they asked me for nothing! I did see where others on this forum had to replace their emblem .... but all of mine were left intact ....
Thanks....I had already asked for one so I just bought it just in case. If they use it, great...if not, I'll find someplace in my home office to stick it. :)

Dropped off at PFS this afternoon.....Lucid #2 for them....picking up next Thursday! Can't wait.

Reactions: NPN
Did PFS offer full front PPF? Why do you ceramic coat full car PPF?

Back