Fellow Lucid owners, why you no wave?

It might have been nice when I was in my 20s or 30s, and might not have minded so much meeting a woman so superficial that she judged me by the car I drove.
In your 20's and 30's superficial women are the bomb.

I once owned a 1970 Datsun 240Z. I paid $1500 cash (it was used, rusted, and dented).
I was stopped at a light in Devon (on the Philadelphia Main Line) and a couple of hotties yelled "nice car!" and went all sexy and bubbly. "Take us for a ride! Please?:

I'll never forget. I love superficial women. A peak moment ... I've never since felt that sexy and manly (Don't tell my wife).
1697842778718.jpeg

I'll see your Z8 Crazy, and raise you my 1970 240 Z.

I would trade my Lucid to have one just like the one I owned. It was that good. Nothing superficial about the original Z car.

Last edited:
Wait, but what if the driver you wave to sees you?

They often did, and I guess that was my mother's point. She'd rather seem confused about who she did or didn't know than admit she was driving a clunker. It was the South. You always put the best face on things you could.

She would drive across town to buy liquor for special occasions lest someone from the church see her going into a liquor store. More than once she ran into someone else from the church doing the same thing. And, of course, if guests found beer in our refrigerator, they were promptly assured it was only for making hush puppies. We ate a lot of hush puppies.

Wait, but what if the driver you wave to sees you?

I was taught (and still do) wave when a fellow driver lets me into her lane. But fewer and fewer drives do this these days. When I let someone in, and they wave thanks, I always feel a lot better about letting them in.

I think it is sort of like crossing a street in Manhattan: make eye contact with the driver or else!

Well thank ya Pete!!! I have a way with introverts -- I married one and I swear you two are just alike!
Me too. I have no idea how she suffers me lol; maybe it’s the friendship with @AirDoll that gives me a pass

Back