Fellow Lucid owners, why you no wave?

As I read this thread, I am disappointed. I live in the Orlando area and have seen many Airs around Florida. I have yet to have a single one acknowledge my wave. I love the car. I try to talk to others about considering Lucid; however, with the apparent lack of social interaction, it will take a lot of money for Lucid to buy some goodwill.
Furthermore, I was just in Montreal City and drove a Touring and loved it. I am excited to be a future Lucid owner. Please, wave, so this amazing company can still be building these amazing cars in a decade.

As I read this thread, I am disappointed. I live in the Orlando area and have seen many Airs around Florida. I have yet to have a single one acknowledge my wave. I love the car. I try to talk to others about considering Lucid; however, with the apparent lack of social interaction, it will take a lot of money for Lucid to buy some goodwill.
Furthermore, I was just in Montreal City and drove a Touring and loved it. I am excited to be a future Lucid owner. Please, wave, so this amazing company can still be building these amazing cars in a decade.
I’m in Orlando and probably am one who doesn’t wave all the time (my wife will) 😅.

I do go to a lot of the cars and coffee events to outshine Tint World’s yellow Taycan though and generally socialize a lot there.

I get my fair share of interactions and usually try to kindly respond, but there are a lot of times where I’m legitimately busy and focused on something. Also a bit of an introvert who is an extrovert in bursts.

If you’re ever near Universal Studios and see an I0S DEV license plate, that is me.

I wave. I also acknowledge none Lucid driver who find their way beside me on the freeway or at a stop light who kindly flash a thumbs up when seeing the vehicle.

I'll wave if I see a Lucid on road and if the the other driver could see me. I often will say "Hi" to Lucid owners at EA stations.

Hol' up??? We're waving now? I'm in! My wife's Jeeper, I won't hear the end of it and I don't care!! Should I ask her for a duck too? 😂 😂

I'm an introvert and generally avoid social interaction, but I do wave (from the safety of the car) whenever I see one. Yesterday I was shocked to see an Infinite Black about a mile from my home. I rolled down the window and pointed the moment I saw it, with mouth agape. The driver was smiling and waved.

There is a Dream Edition that hangs around the EA 350 chargers at the KoP (pa) mall. I can tell from a distance I don't like him, so go out of my way to avoid him. I have no reason to think this, other than I trust my instinct.

On the other hand, the Lucid owners at the Ambler PA EV rally on Sept. 30 were wonderful to talk too. Pity there were so many civilians around looking at the cars...I had to leave. I made a point of parking my car across the street so I would not have to interact with the public. I don't tolerate fools well. "What kind of car is this? But, who makes it?" my answers: "electric", "Buick". I'm about the opposite of BabyRocco. She's a trip. You should talk to her when you get the chance.

Also, based on my small sample, Lucid owners are smart and fun to chat with.

I'm an introvert and generally avoid social interaction, but I do wave (from the safety of the car) whenever I see one. Yesterday I was shocked to see an Infinite Black about a mile from my home. I rolled down the window and pointed the moment I saw it, with mouth agape. The driver was smiling and waved.

There is a Dream Edition that hangs around the EA 350 chargers at the KoP (pa) mall. I can tell from a distance I don't like him, so go out of my way to avoid him. I have no reason to think this, other than I trust my instinct.

On the other hand, the Lucid owners at the Ambler PA EV rally on Sept. 30 were wonderful to talk too. Pity there were so many civilians around looking at the cars...I had to leave. I made a point of parking my car across the street so I would not have to interact with the public. I don't tolerate fools well. "What kind of car is this? But, who makes it?" my answers: "electric", "Buick". I'm about the opposite of BabyRocco. She's a trip. You should talk to her when you get the chance.

Also, based on my small sample, Lucid owners are smart and fun to chat with.
Well thank ya Pete!!! I have a way with introverts -- I married one and I swear you two are just alike!

Why no wave?
Simple. My wife catching me waiving... I'm dead.

Around 2014, I was sitting in my car and a very attractive woman gave me a thumbs up. I was a bit perplexed and was wondering if I knew her, when it hit me that it was the Model S. My wife wasn't there, not that it mattered. It might have been nice when I was in my 20s or 30s, and might not have minded so much meeting a woman so superficial that she judged me by the car I drove.

I suppose that I don't see people waving because even though Lucids are relatively rare, they aren't exceptionally rare. I asked my wife and she said that she probably sees an average of two a day on her commute.

I'm sure that it's a lot different in other parts of the country. Or with people from other parts of the country. I saw somebody who was presumably a tourist whose jaw dropped when he saw my Model S. I found it awkward. That was back when they were still relatively rare.

I see Lucids on the road about as often as I used to see Teslas when they had made about 40,000 cars. So I think that the uptake on Lucid in the Bay Area is higher than in other areas, possibly because EVs are so prevalent.

Perhaps if I waved, a person would figure that it's because I also have a Lucid, assuming that I'm in my Lucid when I wave. If I'm in another car, that would seem really weird.

I will toss a handful of Hi-Chews at anyone in an Air who both waves at me and has their window rolled down.

Some of us are even pro “drive next to each other going 80 mph on the freeway, roll down the windows and yell to each other”. 😂

As soon as I found out from my son there is another zenith red Lucid in neighborhood, I went on hunt. After I found out which house, I started to stalk every time I came back home, I slowed down in front of his driveway hoping to catch him outside to wave. My wife said I’m being creepy. I did that about a week, then that Lucid isn’t there anymore more. So I assume it was a just visiting relative. Too bad…

As soon as I found out from my son there is another zenith red Lucid in neighborhood, I went on hunt. After I found out which house, I started to stalk every time I came back home, I slowed down in front of his driveway hoping to catch him outside to wave. My wife said I’m being creepy. I did that about a week, then that Lucid isn’t there anymore more. So I assume it was a just visiting relative. Too bad…

Maybe he was out stalking you? 😂

I get mad when other Licid drivers don’t wave at me, then I remember I’m driving the R1S.

Remind me to share with the forum how I tracked down the other Lucid & Zenith Red owner in my city. I swear, as a state government employee, I did not utilize my contacts at Penn Dot (our state DMV) to find him. I just unleashed family members and colleagues instead! Poor dude is an introvert and I'm not.

Thank goodness he was good sport about it! 😂😂😂

When I was a kid we had a 1952 Plymouth that blew the horn every time you turned the steering wheel. (The engine also drowned out every time you hit a deep rain puddle.). My mother instructed us to wave as if we knew the drivers of surrounding cars. It's left me a bit unenthusiastic about waving to other drivers, but I do return waves.

When I was a kid we had a 1952 Plymouth that blew the horn every time you turned the steering wheel. (The engine also drowned out every time you hit a deep rain puddle.). My mother instructed us to wave as if we knew the drivers of surrounding cars. It's left me a bit unenthusiastic about waving to other drivers, but I do return waves.
Wait, but what if the driver you wave to sees you?

Back