Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling (semi, 12 hr window)
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application (streaming Siriusxm)
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color.
  • Navigation
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Great list.
Lucid has a big problem. The competitors will be launching new EVs with all the Lucid promises built in. Lucid has made many promises, but the updates I receive are not even noticeable! They need to actually make some BIG improvements NOW just to keep up with other upstarts.

The biggest features that MUST be done NOW are:
Real Dream Drive Pro with lane changing, autonomous driving, etc. Tesla and others have it. Why don't we?
Lane centering so I don't fell like I will crash with the car on my right.
Bi directional charging for my home. Ford has it and others (BMW) announced they will have it when they launch. Why don't we have it yet?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Lucid, but if this company wants to be a LUXURY brand thrive and not just survive, they need to stay ahead of the competition

The competitors will be launching new EVs with all the Lucid promises built in.
Wow. That is a massive assumption.

Go on the forums of every other EV maker and see how long it takes to find a post where someone is saying “This company had better move fast, or their competition will…”

Forums are complaint factories by nature. So be it. But every now and then we need a reality check. Lucid is where it is. It’s not going to magically advance ten years worth of tech and experience in a day. They will move forward as fast as they can and the chips will fall where they fall. Just like everyone else will continue doing.

Dominance by any one player five years from now is far from assured for anyone.

I’ve now seen EVs from several manufacturers who supposedly were going to hit it out of the park as soon as they hit the market. Haven’t been all that impressed yet.

Thanks for the reply! That is too bad. I don't want to wait 10 years for stuff that is out and working today! I want to see Lucid thrive and dominate the market, but this is the attitude that will only make the company mediocre at best...

Thanks for the reply! That is too bad. I don't want to wait 10 years for stuff that is out and working today! I want to see Lucid thrive and dominate the market, but this is the attitude that will only make the company mediocre at best...
In your opinion. The company has been selling cars for a little under 2 years. Legacies have been around for generations. You sound ridiculous!!

Mediocre? The Lucid is the best all-around driving car I have ever owned, period. Far from mediocre.

Thanks for the reply! Enjoy whatever car you buy that's mediocre in a myriad number of other ways that suit your tastes better. Have a nice week.

This likely has been added to the feature request above, but I was too lazy to view 44 pages of posts. I'm loving how far the Air software has progressed, and am (hopefully) looking forward to the following features - my priority in order:

1) Remembering settings from the previous drive session by driver profile. This includes what was displayed on the consoles top and bottom (ie. navigation/audio/drive mode selected). Also, when displaying the play list on the pilot console, then selecting navigation, then going back to audio, it should still display the play list and not the home page for audio.
2) Short cut button for closing garage door. It now takes 4 'button' presses when backing out of the garage to close the garage door.
3) Android Auto
4) Sentry Mode - not sure exactly how this works with Tesla, but I'd like the car to notify me if there is nearby activity to the car while in this mode and then through the lucid app I could see the live video feed - much like a Google Nest camera does.
5) Customizable display panels. Love the new 'widget' that displays audio album artwork, but I'd like to have navigation on the top screen, play list on the bottom screen...and have it remember the selected configuration from drive session to drive session (see #1 above).
6) Ability to watch streaming video while car is charging or is parked (or web browse).

Love, love, love this car. It is by far my favorite car I've ever owned...and I've owned some fun ones. Looking forward to reserving a gravity for my wife when it becomes available.

This likely has been added to the feature request above, but I was too lazy to view 44 pages of posts. I'm loving how far the Air software has progressed, and am (hopefully) looking forward to the following features - my priority in order:

1) Remembering settings from the previous drive session by driver profile. This includes what was displayed on the consoles top and bottom (ie. navigation/audio/drive mode selected). Also, when displaying the play list on the pilot console, then selecting navigation, then going back to audio, it should still display the play list and not the home page for audio.
2) Short cut button for closing garage door. It now takes 4 'button' presses when backing out of the garage to close the garage door.
3) Android Auto
4) Sentry Mode - not sure exactly how this works with Tesla, but I'd like the car to notify me if there is nearby activity to the car while in this mode and then through the lucid app I could see the live video feed - much like a Google Nest camera does.
5) Customizable display panels. Love the new 'widget' that displays audio album artwork, but I'd like to have navigation on the top screen, play list on the bottom screen...and have it remember the selected configuration from drive session to drive session (see #1 above).
6) Ability to watch streaming video while car is charging or is parked (or web browse).

Love, love, love this car. It is by far my favorite car I've ever owned...and I've owned some fun ones. Looking forward to reserving a gravity for my wife when it becomes available.
100%--and I'd go further re. #1: if I exit the car with Music displayed, and the seat and steering wheel heat turned on, that should be the setup when I get back in the car. Having to delve thru screens to get back to where I was is nuts.

Re #2--the car does the right thing when I arrive home--why not when I leave home? Come on, man...

100%--and I'd go further re. #1: if I exit the car with Music displayed, and the seat and steering wheel heat turned on, that should be the setup when I get back in the car. Having to delve thru screens to get back to where I was is nuts.

Re #2--the car does the right thing when I arrive home--why not when I leave home? Come on, man...
#2 Homelink is the top of my list.

#2 Homelink is the top of my list.

I think Rivian nailed that HomeLink implementation. Lucid should just copy it. So many buttons on the steering wheel, make it happen and prompt on instrument cluster, so driver don’t have to close camera view screen. And honestly is not a major implementation, it knock out the inconvenience in UI/UX. I’m sure Lucid will have it down the road. Certainly looks like Gravity has agile touch pad for it.

I think Rivian nailed that HomeLink implementation. Lucid should just copy it. So many buttons on the steering wheel, make it happen and prompt on instrument cluster, so driver don’t have to close camera view screen. And honestly is not a major implementation, it knock out the inconvenience in UI/UX. I’m sure Lucid will have it down the road. Certainly looks like Gravity has agile touch pad for it.
Perhaps its lacking in robustness. It's been a couple of months since the last time the robustness was improved.

2) Short cut button for closing garage door. It
My gripe with the garage opener is that the option to add a new garage door takes up more screen real estate than the door opener itself. Given the relative frequency of using these buttons it just seems thoughtless to design it this way. There should be a giant door button that you can’t miss while your focus is elsewhere on turning into your drive, and the option for a new door should be buried in the settings of the other screen. It feels like this was rushed by one person who wanted to get out of the door on a Friday afternoon, while the key fob had months of focus groups and mood boards.

Back