External 12v Jump batter

skywaterbanjo

Verified Owner
Do any of you carry a 12V jumping battery in the event your 12V system dies on the road? Which one?

TIA

Sorry, I just realized that may be a really stupid question. I guess if the 12V system is dead, you can't open the car to get the jumper out!

Do any of you carry a 12V jumping battery in the event your 12V system dies on the road? Which one?

TIA

Sorry, I just realized that may be a really stupid question. I guess if the 12V system is dead, you can't open the car to get the jumper out!
You don't need to open the car! Passenger rear tire well has the exterior jump point.

You don't need to open the car! Passenger rear tire well has the exterior jump point.
Depends on where you stowed your jumper system, doesn't it, like SkyWaterBanjo said? Exterior access points, but the jumpers are in the [ft]runk.

1. take the emergency crow bar out of your belt holster and pry open the funk and get the emergency 12v jump battery you thoughtlessly stowed there " In case I get locked out of the car".
2. lay down in the mud and slush with a torch between your teeth
3. stick your head in the gap between the tire and the dripping, sloppy wheel well
4. reading the owner's manual on your phone whilst you try to find the access tabs and figure out how they release
5. you better practice this now. there is not a tow-truck driver in the known universe that knows about this.

Also .... the tow hook is not so easy...you need to lay flat on the ground to see the tab on the cover flap and thread the eye bolt.

Lucid software engineers don't want you to know this simple trick:
(leaving the tow loop on the car = immunity from software bugs)

Depends on where you stowed your jumper system, doesn't it, like SkyWaterBanjo said? Exterior access points, but the jumpers are in the [ft]runk.
oh duh, misread it as taking the jumper out lol...

I was at the SC center today to pick up my car.
DA guy knew nothing about the jump start.
The tech didn't want to talk about the jump access at all.
He clearly didn't want customers to try this. He said leave it to the SC.
And the only reset method he shared was to turn the turn signal, lock and walk away from the car.
I asked about the torque for wheel lugs and the tech said he would look it up for me.
I chatted with the SC manager afterward but forgot to ask him, so please post the info if you remember.

Attachments

• Lucid odometer.jpg
    Lucid odometer.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 93
I asked about the torque for wheel lugs and the tech said he would look it up for me.
I chatted with the SC manager afterward but forgot to ask him, so please post the info if you remember.

150 Nm (@110.6 ft-lb)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. If the jumper is in the frunk or trunk, no way to get to it.

Back