EVs … cruise control vs Manhattan taxi effect

I don’t have my AGT yet, but having several EVs over the years, I have always found that setting the regen to a level that most closely matches how I want the vehicle to slow down when I come to a stop by just letting off the accelerator seems to give the best energy efficiency results. For me this has generally been the lowest or medium level regen setting. Not to get too far down in the geek weeds, but if you think about it, setting the regen too high results in dumping your speed too fast, less time in regen mode, and having to spend energy to accelerate again when you could just be coasting in regen mode the whole time. Additionally, it makes driving more relaxing since I don’t have to find the sweet spot between not slowing down too much and maintaining speed when going down hills or coming to a stop, I just let off the accelerator. The only times I use high regen mode is in stop and go traffic, it that situation it works great.
I'll try playing with the levels... but you're right, the manhattan taxi feeling is awful

The second issue that I reported is that when cars move in and out of the lane in front of you the ACC can surge then slam on the brakes. This has never happened with my GM, Ford or Mercedes vehicles with ACC.
I have experienced this ... unfortunately in multiple cars... though the petrol cars are just slower to brake / accelerate so have a less dramatic impact.

Obviously :) It doesn't have traffic light recognition (yet), it is simply ACC
So is there any difference between Adaptive Cruse Control and Highway Assist/Traffic Jam Assist or are they essentially the same at this point?

So is there any difference between Adaptive Cruse Control and Highway Assist/Traffic Jam Assist or are they essentially the same at this point?

The latter doesn’t exist on the car yet, and will be rolled out in a future update.

The former works great.

I'll try playing with the levels... but you're right, the manhattan taxi feeling is awful
So … I switched back to standard regen today, and yes, the switch from ACC On to Off was way smoother. For now I am going to perfect getting this nice and smooth.

Back