Engineering Explained joining the Lucid Lemon Club

You have 60 days to opt out of the arbitration clause. It’s as simple as sending an email.

It’s been discussed before, but nobody ever reads the fine print. :(


Oh I’m not claiming I read it, but they’re definitely not going to respond to anything outside of arbitration unless the opt out, yes. Or agreed.
 
Great, I had opted out the day after I signed my purchase order agreement. I'll probably do it again after picking up the Gravity. I just dont understand how their legal team has been dragging their feet for the past 5 months. After they responded to the summons and filed an answer last month, they've gone silent.
 
Great, I had opted out the day after I signed my purchase order agreement. I'll probably do it again after picking up the Gravity. I just dont understand how their legal team has been dragging their feet for the past 5 months. After they responded to the summons and filed an answer last month, they've gone silent.
not that i'm criticizing you...but..you said your air had been in and out of the shop for the past 2 years and you are contemplating buyback....yet you bought another lucid?
 
not that i'm criticizing you...but..you said your air had been in and out of the shop for the past 2 years and you are contemplating buyback....yet you bought another lucid?

The cars can drive you absolutely to distraction with issues, but once you've experienced the buttery power of the drivetrain, the chassis precision, the interior space and comfort, the vault-like structure, you are at a loss for finding its equal as a driving machine . . . at least when you can, in fact, drive it.

Every morning I get up wondering what excuse I can find to drive the car today, followed by a pang of apprehension that it'll drive me nuts once I try to get underway.

That's the Lucid Paradox.
 
Great, I had opted out the day after I signed my purchase order agreement. I'll probably do it again after picking up the Gravity. I just dont understand how their legal team has been dragging their feet for the past 5 months. After they responded to the summons and filed an answer last month, they've gone silent.
Yeah I’m a little concerned too….im supposed to have arbitration this week and Lucids lawyers have ghosted me and the BBB Autoline too.

Something not good is happening…
 
The cars can drive you absolutely to distraction with issues, but once you've experienced the buttery power of the drivetrain, the chassis precision, the interior space and comfort, the vault-like structure, you are at a loss for finding its equal as a driving machine . . . at least when you can, in fact, drive it.

Every morning I get up wondering what excuse I can find to drive the car today, followed by a pang of apprehension that it'll drive me nuts once I try to get underway.

That's the Lucid Paradox.
oh I completely agree..honestly, once my DDPro stuff is worked out, I still have tons of "quirks" (tidal works awful for the most part...turning the car back on makes it so i can't go to the next track and i have to restart the playlist, re-click shuffle...wipers don't work as well as other cars as I've had for rain detection, heat/ac nowhere near as strong as other vehicles, have to wake my phoen sometimes to get PAAK working, etc.) but I only have quirks and I can also live with these for the great drive, range....the great car that it is.

I just wanted to know if ashanlia it was the same thing, but to another extreme (I suppose like yours...where you've had tons of issues but they still, as of yet, do not override the actual driving of the vehicle)

edit: honestly, the only thing that scares me right now is the country's viability if i want to continue owning it long term or buying another one..with how the stock has been hurting for a long time, and the negative press they've received recently. The fact they are testing a mule right now though is usually a good sign...but man..it still makes me a little uneasy
 
Yeah I’m a little concerned too….im supposed to have arbitration this week and Lucids lawyers have ghosted me and the BBB Autoline too.

Something not good is happening…
Not necessarily - I wouldn't go there.

Are the Lucid lawyers actually employees of Lucid or are they hired from the outside?
 
The fact they are testing a mule right now though is usually a good sign...but man..it still makes me a little uneasy
The public road testing of what I believe is the mid-size is exciting, to me!

And, don't think it is by mistake. Sooo much testing can be done in test cells, but the process of putting early prototypes on the road does many things - not the least, putting out "spy picture" moments so people can begin to see what is coming. The one we've seen on the forum isn't overloaded with cladding - onley a little. They're giving us small handouts - on purpose.

🧦

Dream Ahead!
 
Last edited:
Not necessarily - I wouldn't go there.

Are the Lucid lawyers actually employees of Lucid or are they hired from the outside?
Not sure. But it’s supposed to be tomorrow and there’s no reply. I know they read these forums and all social media so maybe they’re just extra mad at me.
 
Not sure. But it’s supposed to be tomorrow and there’s no reply. I know they read these forums and all social media so maybe they’re just extra mad at me.
What happens if their lawyers don’t show up to the arbitration hearing and don’t have a reason submitted beforehand? Seems like it would be an automatic ruling against Lucid, but I never underestimate how much the consumer gets screwed and the companies get protected in stuff like this.
 
The cars can drive you absolutely to distraction with issues, but once you've experienced the buttery power of the drivetrain, the chassis precision, the interior space and comfort, the vault-like structure, you are at a loss for finding its equal as a driving machine . . . at least when you can, in fact, drive it.

Every morning I get up wondering what excuse I can find to drive the car today, followed by a pang of apprehension that it'll drive me nuts once I try to get underway.

That's the Lucid Paradox.
Highlighted the part in red. That's my current condition. My wife is thrilled that I am eager to run errands. I just enjoy driving this car. And considering that I am a lifelong car geek and that my other cars to choose from for random driving are a V8 powered Camaro Convertible and a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 5-spd manual and T-tops, that says a lot for how much fun driving the Air can be.
 
Highlighted the part in red. That's my current condition. My wife is thrilled that I am eager to run errands. I just enjoy driving this car. And considering that I am a lifelong car geek and that my other cars to choose from for random driving are a V8 powered Camaro Convertible and a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 5-spd manual and T-tops, that says a lot for how much fun driving the Air can be.
So absolutely true. Today I am due to get mine back from a month at a Service Center and I have been going through withdrawal.
What to wear: comfy driving shoes? What time of day: will I get to zoom through rush hour traffic? Can I stop by the speed shop and discuss my dream upgrades (and show it off).

Wow; a teenager all over again.
 
Are the Lucid lawyers actually employees of Lucid or are they hired from the outside?

The lawyer who contacted me for an update on the lemon law claim that somehow got started without my filing or asking for it said he was a contract lawyer who was reviewing lemon law claims for Lucid. However, he had a desk at Lucid HQ. He said he was preparing cases to go before executives for final review and approval/denial.

I'm sure Lucid has in-house lawyers, too, but I don't know if any of them are directly involved in lemon law claims.
 
The lawyer who contacted me for an update on the lemon law claim that somehow got started without my filing or asking for it said he was a contract lawyer who was reviewing lemon law claims for Lucid. However, he had a desk at Lucid HQ. He said he was preparing cases to go before executives for final review and approval/denial.

I'm sure Lucid has in-house lawyers, too, but I don't know if any of them are directly involved in lemon law claims.
Yes those guys were nice. For people I’ve talked to we all got the same offer, 3 months credit in exchange for waiving the claim.

Once you reject the offer though, holy smokes they get nasty. Their lawyer/whoever they use tore us up and down and attempted to redefine lemon law completely and kinda threw a fit, and the BBB escalated it again for me. The same thing happened to Jace. It’s weird.

Meanwhile my car is back in service, and I’ve got a Chevy Equinox that smells like an ashtray.
 
The lawyer who contacted me for an update on the lemon law claim that somehow got started without my filing or asking for it said he was a contract lawyer who was reviewing lemon law claims for Lucid. However, he had a desk at Lucid HQ. He said he was preparing cases to go before executives for final review and approval/denial.

I'm sure Lucid has in-house lawyers, too, but I don't know if any of them are directly involved in lemon law claims.
Makes sense. Contract out what you don't expect to keep doing. I like it!
 
Once you reject the offer though, holy smokes they get nasty. Their lawyer/whoever they use tore us up and down and attempted to redefine lemon law completely and kinda threw a fit, and the BBB escalated it again for me. The same thing happened to Jace. It’s weird.
I think the practice of law is combined expertise in the subject matter and some amount of acting. But, as I think about it, so are many professions. At least, the ones people seem to enjoy doing... As long as the professional is honest and working to provide the best service for their client, I'm good with that. :)
 
I think the practice of law is combined expertise in the subject matter and some amount of acting. But, as I think about it, so are many professions. At least, the ones people seem to enjoy doing... As long as the professional is honest and working to provide the best service for their client, I'm good with that. :)
Spoke with BBB

"due to a flood of lemon law claims and site change, arbitrator availability is delayed"

so...yeah. Sounds like there's quite a few in line.
 
The lawyer who contacted me for an update on the lemon law claim that somehow got started without my filing or asking for it said he was a contract lawyer who was reviewing lemon law claims for Lucid. However, he had a desk at Lucid HQ. He said he was preparing cases to go before executives for final review and approval/denial.

I'm sure Lucid has in-house lawyers, too, but I don't know if any of them are directly involved in lemon law claims.
They have both in-house and external counsel, but I don’t know how they split the work.
 
You have 60 days to opt out of the arbitration clause. It’s as simple as sending an email.

It’s been discussed before, but nobody ever reads the fine print. :(


The fact that you have to opt out is the problem. Hardly anyone knows. Corporations taking advantage. There should be laws that we get to decide when buying the vehicle by signing a document. Hiding it deep inside the sales contract is very indicative of how companies are not very transparent and politicians are in their pockets. Waiting for the day corporations are not people and they can’t donate in politics.
 
The fact that you have to opt out is the problem. Hardly anyone knows. Corporations taking advantage. There should be laws that we get to decide when buying the vehicle by signing a document. Hiding it deep inside the sales contract is very indicative of how companies are not very transparent and politicians are in their pockets. Waiting for the day corporations are not people and they can’t donate in politics.
Don't sign anything you haven't read. A rule to live by... :)
 
Back
Top