Engineering Explained joining the Lucid Lemon Club

Seems like something that can be adjusted in an OTA.

My guess is if it could be adjusted via OTA, they would have done it by now. Lucid is very aware of the behavior, and they have said repeatedly that it's a feature, not a bug.

It's possible someone over there just WANTS it this way, but I doubt it. Remember, the Air is a bit of a strange beast, as far as wiring and communication between the computers goes. It would not surprise me at all if this is one of those things that's just impossible for them to change.
 
Everything (in my opinion) points to a bad run at the factory somewhere. We won’t know why the software is okay for some and constantly broken for others. Maybe some hardware revision.

It would explain why there is so many issues seemingly out of nowhere. Everybody knows the Gravity is buggy. Sure. But the Air? That was supposed to be solved. Now it’s like it’s unsolved.

There has to be some component or change or something over the last year or so that caused major problems with the Air. I would LOVE to have my Air work right. But oh my god it’s just not going to happen with this particular one. I don’t know why. And Fenskes issues are bizarre and I didn’t have most of them. Now it’s got service center chasing bugs all over the place that should have never made it off the line, at the detriment of their existing customers and their employee morale has got the be just in the dumpster.
 
He purchased the car.
They loaned him a Gravity tho, and it broke right away. Same for me though, they loaned me an Air and it broke down two days later and had to be towed. Then they loaned me a Gravity, it was always drivable but had some sort of error almost every day. The windows worked but the fob had issues, the rear wheel steering threw errors, and it constantly disabled dream drive.
 
Just shooting a car to Timothee Chalomet and he has to send it back is a bad look.
Aside, but: that is not what happened. He has had an Air as his DD since at least 2023. He’s a huge fan of it. That tow was likely just a regular service tow (dude’s a celebrity, it’s not unlikely he gets special treatment), or perhaps something did go wrong, but it’s not like Lucid just handed him a random car.

Things get blown out of proportion a lot.
 
I get annoyed with the suggestion that vehicles sent to influencers should be gone over before being sent. How about just improving overall quality so the chance of getting a problem car is small.

Obviously that’s the best solution. But bare minimum, make sure high profile people get units that have been analyzed. But of course I would prefer they fix everything
 
Obviously that’s the best solution. But bare minimum, make sure high profile people get units that have been analyzed. But of course I would prefer they fix everything
Lucid’s business model should be sell every car like it is for “high profile people” and let the quality of your products do the talking.

Unfortunately, that appears not to be the case.
 
Whether you agree or not regarding the focus or the way Jason documented the problems he has experienced, I think we can all agree that most of what he shared is just not good enough for an automaker that has had more than a few years to correct these kind of basic errors. For sure, he has a legitimate lemon on his hands which all makers still cough up, but some of the complaints he raised have been consistently problematic across the user base for a quite a while now. I think consistency of experience isn't too high a bar to demand.
 
Lucid’s business model should be sell every car like it is for “high profile people” and let the quality of your products do the talking.

Unfortunately, that appears not to be the case.
this is the correct strategy. Carefully selecting “good” ones for high profile reviewers is just screwing over and deceiving the regular customers who purchase and get the “bad” ones. I applaud Jason at EE for bringing real attention from Lucid to these issues (issues I’ve also experienced) and to Lucid for being open about it. Hiding the problems is just bad for the consumers.
 
to be fair, and @hmp10 is mentioning others that gave some negative comments about lucid as well (although to be fair, those others were more positive with "cautious" comments about quirks, you also have people that have raved about it that are dedicated car reviewers (even people as jaded as Mark from Savage Geese)
Yes since you brought up Savage Geese, he too leased an Air. Their presentation of it was far more balanced and well laid out as a review rather than just a checklist of very a lot of minor complaints. I can easily go into any vehicle and nitpick the way the windows roll down...
 
Yes since you brought up Savage Geese, he too leased an Air. Their presentation of it was far more balanced and well laid out as a review rather than just a checklist of very a lot of minor complaints. I can easily go into any vehicle and nitpick the way the windows roll down...
He may have not had the myriad of problems Jason had. And therefore nothing to report. If I was doing a YouTube report on my car (coming soon...) it would be 90% positive, 10% critical. If I had @socktucker's car and did a YouTube on it after 5 months I suspect those ratios would be reversed. Jason, Savage Geese, and Out of Spec all lived with the car and dealt with it on a daily basis. I'd expect their reviews to be more in depth than YouTubers who were given the car for 5-7 days, and they were.
 
While we were on our recent road trip in the older Gravity, we left the other one parked in our garage and plugged in with the charge limit set to 70%. We got in it yesterday to find the charge had dropped to 63%. I was a bit surprised to see any phantom drain since it was plugged it. When I pulled up the Charger menu, I found the car had reset the charge limit to 63%. Why in the hell would it have done that? And why had it lost 7% of its charge in the first place?

I called Lucid Customer Care, and they said they had never heard of that happening.

We drove off, anyway, at which point we got a red steering wheel alert with no verbiage as to what the problem was. Customer Care also had no idea what it might mean other than perhaps a software glitch. So, as usual, we found a place to pull off the road and do a reboot.

Well, it felt like a familiar homecoming to our beloved Lucids at any rate.
 
I've skimmed through the forum and reddit and this is the first time I am hearing that someone was successful in initiating a buy back with Lucid. Granted it's gotten more attention than someone without a YouTube channel, I'm just curious if anyone else on here was also successful in a buy back or lemon? I'm in the process of picking up my second lucid (a gravity) while my '24 Air has been in and out of the shop over the past 2+ years. I've handed the case over to an attorney who has had difficulty dealing with Lucid's legal team. Obviously, my experience with my Air and the experience of others has not deterred me from initiating a Gravity purchase this week.
 
While we were on our recent road trip in the older Gravity, we left the other one parked in our garage and plugged in with the charge limit set to 70%. We got in it yesterday to find the charge had dropped to 63%. I was a bit surprised to see any phantom drain since it was plugged it. When I pulled up the Charger menu, I found the car had reset the charge limit to 63%. Why in the hell would it have done that? And why had it lost 7% of its charge in the first place?

I called Lucid Customer Care, and they said they had never heard of that happening.

We drove off, anyway, at which point we got a red steering wheel alert with no verbiage as to what the problem was. Customer Care also had no idea what it might mean other than perhaps a software glitch. So, as usual, we found a place to pull off the road and do a reboot.

Well, it felt like a familiar homecoming to our beloved Lucids at any rate.
Maybe it's your garage, regardless of what kind of vehicle is in it - you might need to move! 👿
 
While we were on our recent road trip in the older Gravity, we left the other one parked in our garage and plugged in with the charge limit set to 70%. We got in it yesterday to find the charge had dropped to 63%. I was a bit surprised to see any phantom drain since it was plugged it. When I pulled up the Charger menu, I found the car had reset the charge limit to 63%. Why in the hell would it have done that? And why had it lost 7% of its charge in the first place?

I called Lucid Customer Care, and they said they had never heard of that happening.

We drove off, anyway, at which point we got a red steering wheel alert with no verbiage as to what the problem was. Customer Care also had no idea what it might mean other than perhaps a software glitch. So, as usual, we found a place to pull off the road and do a reboot.

Well, it felt like a familiar homecoming to our beloved Lucids at any rate.😜

Burn them with fire. 😜

Next step - “Hey Emad….”
 
While we were on our recent road trip in the older Gravity, we left the other one parked in our garage and plugged in with the charge limit set to 70%. We got in it yesterday to find the charge had dropped to 63%. I was a bit surprised to see any phantom drain since it was plugged it. When I pulled up the Charger menu, I found the car had reset the charge limit to 63%. Why in the hell would it have done that? And why had it lost 7% of its charge in the first place?

I called Lucid Customer Care, and they said they had never heard of that happening.

We drove off, anyway, at which point we got a red steering wheel alert with no verbiage as to what the problem was. Customer Care also had no idea what it might mean other than perhaps a software glitch. So, as usual, we found a place to pull off the road and do a reboot.

Well, it felt like a familiar homecoming to our beloved Lucids at any rate.
Think of how uninteresting life would be if you had perfectly functioning Lucids! ;)
 
I've skimmed through the forum and reddit and this is the first time I am hearing that someone was successful in initiating a buy back with Lucid. Granted it's gotten more attention than someone without a YouTube channel, I'm just curious if anyone else on here was also successful in a buy back or lemon? I'm in the process of picking up my second lucid (a gravity) while my '24 Air has been in and out of the shop over the past 2+ years. I've handed the case over to an attorney who has had difficulty dealing with Lucid's legal team. Obviously, my experience with my Air and the experience of others has not deterred me from initiating a Gravity purchase this week.
Yes, Lucid will not respond to your attorney outside of BBB Autoline arbitration. They ignored mine as well. We signed (apparently) an arbitration agreement when we bought the car, and you must do it there.

BBB has been ruling and forcing buybacks, people on here have gotten them. I’m scheduled soon.
 
Yes, Lucid will not respond to your attorney outside of BBB Autoline arbitration. They ignored mine as well. We signed (apparently) an arbitration agreement when we bought the car, and you must do it there.

BBB has been ruling and forcing buybacks, people on here have gotten them. I’m scheduled soon.
You have 60 days to opt out of the arbitration clause. It’s as simple as sending an email.

It’s been discussed before, but nobody ever reads the fine print. :(


 
Back
Top