Electrify America on road trips

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that. I think the local gas station will seize to exist in the future, and they will not be converted to electric charging stations. Why? We only have local gas stations now because owners of ICE cars do not have gas storage tanks to pump gas at home (rural farms excepted). They have to go to a gas station. Electric Vehicles only need to be plugged in at home, a readymade electric "storage tank". They don't need to go to a local charging station and pay higher rates either. As stated by others on this thread, charging stations along Interstates and other main highways will increase and some in combination with gas stations, but the gas stations will begin to fade away over time as EVs take over. Twenty years from now ICE car owners will have trouble finding gas stations as much as EVs do now finding charging stations. And with the evolution of EV solid state batteries capable of charging intervals in excess of 1000 mi. and fully charging in less than 5 minutes, there will be an even less need for charging stations all over the place.
But where will people stop to pee and buy lottery tickets?😊

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that. I think the local gas station will seize to exist in the future, and they will not be converted to electric charging stations. Why? We only have local gas stations now because owners of ICE cars do not have gas storage tanks to pump gas at home (rural farms excepted). They have to go to a gas station. Electric Vehicles only need to be plugged in at home, a readymade electric "storage tank". They don't need to go to a local charging station and pay higher rates either. As stated by others on this thread, charging stations along Interstates and other main highways will increase and some in combination with gas stations, but the gas stations will begin to fade away over time as EVs take over. Twenty years from now ICE car owners will have trouble finding gas stations as much as EVs do now finding charging stations. And with the evolution of EV solid state batteries capable of charging intervals in excess of 1000 mi. and fully charging in less than 5 minutes, there will be an even less need for charging stations all over the place.
Lol. I agree with everything you said.

I was thinking in terms of at the very beginning with no EV stations anywhere (other than Tesla). It would make sense to build fast chargers at gas station as opposed to department store. I see now why EA started at department stores.

I agree that gas stations are very different in the futur. I foresee more “Luxury” charging stations for people traveling. Where people stop and charge and enjoy the amenities like a rest area

Lol. I agree with everything you said.

I was thinking in terms of at the very beginning with no EV stations anywhere (other than Tesla). It would make sense to build fast chargers at gas station as opposed to department store. I see now why EA started at department stores.

I agree that gas stations are very different in the futur. I foresee more “Luxury” charging stations for people traveling. Where people stop and charge and enjoy the amenities like a rest area

My thoughts exactly.

Back