Electrify America free charging on 2022 Grand Touring

Reactor

If a car was purchased used 1 year after the original purchase date, would the free charging carry on for the remainder of the time? It's my understanding that a software token is downloaded in the car and is not owner dependent. I have heard conflicted stories though. Also, some say the car comes with 3 years free charging and other state 2 years which is another puzzle. Is there a way to verify with Electrify America?

According to Lucid's charging plan, the free EA charging is not transferable to a new owner. That said, many here have purchased used and are continuing to get free EA charging. Lucid sold cars with both two and three year plans depending on the reservation data. The only way to tell is to look at the sales info or see the owners app.

According to Lucid's charging plan, the free EA charging is not transferable to a new owner. That said, many here have purchased used and are continuing to get free EA charging. Lucid sold cars with both two and three year plans depending on the reservation data. The only way to tell is to look at the sales info or see the owners app.
Basically: by the letter of the contract, EA charging doesn’t transfer. However, Lucid has chosen, thus far, to not enforce that yet.

They can choose to enforce it at any time, though, so you shouldn’t rely on it remaining that way for the entire time period, but use it while (and if) you have it. :)

Does the 2 or 3 yr term start from the first time you plug the vehicle into an electrify america charger or by the purchase date? It's my understanding that there is a software related certificate installed in the car.

Does the 2 or 3 yr term start from the first time you plug the vehicle into an electrify america charger or by the purchase date? It's my understanding that there is a software related certificate installed in the car.
It starts from the day of delivery to the original owner.

Delivery date.

It says in the app:

Attachments

• IMG_2517.png
    IMG_2517.png
    1 MB · Views: 99
I bought my Air DE Performance used last fall. I see in the app that my EA charging service still has 12 of 36 months remaining so I figured I'd give it a try. I read under the charging tips that I can just plug in and the charging session should begin. Does this mean I do not need to have the EA app or even setup an EA account? Can someone please confirm how it is supposed to work?

I bought my Air DE Performance used last fall. I see in the app that my EA charging service still has 12 of 36 months remaining so I figured I'd give it a try. I read under the charging tips that I can just plug in and the charging session should begin. Does this mean I do not need to have the EA app or even setup an EA account? Can someone please confirm how it is supposed to work?
Correct. If you have the free charging promotion you do need need the EA app, nor do you need to create an account with them. You should be able to "plug and charge" without using your phone at all. If that doesn't work, then you open your Lucid app (not EA app) and there will be a button to start EA charging.

Correct. If you have the free charging promotion you do need need the EA app, nor do you need to create an account with them. You should be able to "plug and charge" without using your phone at all. If that doesn't work, then you open your Lucid app (not EA app) and there will be a button to start EA charging.
What happens once the new owner is linked to the car and the app on the phone? Does the charging still show the same amount of time? Just worried about that non transferrable clause.

I just tested at a local EA. Had to initiate the session on the app but after that I successfully charged! I don’t plan to use it often, but good to know it’s an option for me on road trips (at least for 12 more months).

New cars don't come with the EA promotion but "Plug and Charge" is an advertised feature, with EA listed as the only provider, with a note saying that others might be added in the future.
I have no idea how payment figures into any of this though, assuming that somebody doesn't have free charging.

New cars don't come with the EA promotion but "Plug and Charge" is an advertised feature, with EA listed as the only provider, with a note saying that others might be added in the future.
I have no idea how payment figures into any of this though, assuming that somebody doesn't have free charging.
I recall Lucid added payment-options as a part of one's profile on the Lucid website very recently. Perhaps that so they can handle the payment for the plug-and-go for non-promo accounts?

Back