Electrify America free charging on 2022 Grand Touring

Yeah, I could see how it would be confusing.

Right now, Lucid does not have any credit card info for you or any owner in relation to their EA partnership. That's also why, at the moment, they can't charge you invoice fees. I'm certain that at some point that will change, or they'll just leave it as is until the partnership eventually expires and you'll need your own EA account anyway.
They definitely don’t have my credit card info, but I don’t know if they have the previous owner’s. The weird thing is, my Lucid app isn’t showing the session on my charging history at all:

Attachments

• IMG_3003.png
    IMG_3003.png
    688.1 KB · Views: 21
They definitely don’t have my credit card info, but I don’t know if they have the previous owner’s. The weird thing is, my Lucid app isn’t showing the session on my charging history at all:
They have nobody’s. There isn’t a way to provide it to Lucid for this purpose at the moment.

So how do you pay with EA plug-and-charge after the free charging period ends?
Good question. My free charging is supposed to end next week. I'll probably stop at an EA just to see how it works, so I'm not surprised when I actually need it.

Good question. My free charging is supposed to end next week. I'll probably stop at an EA just to see how it works, so I'm not surprised when I actually need it.
Let us know please!

If you log into your account on the Lucid website, there’s a place to enter credit card info for Lucid purchases and subscriptions. I’m wondering that if that’s where you can load EA payment info?

I'd also expect to just sign up with EA via their phone app. EA's "Pass+" monthly membership reduces charging cost enough to pay for itself on the first charge. I usually pay for Pass+ right before I leave on a road trip, then cancel it again when I return home.

By using the EA app itself, wouldn't Plug and Charge not work? Unless there's a way to link your EA and Lucid accounts. That's why I always figured you'd store your credit card info with Lucid and it would automatically charge your card with each EA stop. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

By using the EA app itself, wouldn't Plug and Charge not work? Unless there's a way to link your EA and Lucid accounts. That's why I always figured you'd store your credit card info with Lucid and it would automatically charge your card with each EA stop. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Users of other EV makes sign up for plug & charge though EA's phone app. Supposedly the same one-time signup works for some other charging providers, as the underlying authentication and billing is provided by a third-party company using the car's MAC address. It'll be interesting to see how/if this works with the Air once Lucid's promo offer is no longer involved.

Come to think of it, you'd want to pay EA's Pass+ member rate for charging. I doubt Lucid would want to deal with managing EA memberships.

Come to think of it, you'd want to pay EA's Pass+ member rate for charging. I doubt Lucid would want to deal with managing EA memberships.
Fair enough. Hadn't thought about the membership discount with EA. Makes potentially losing Plug and Charge less annoying.

Fair enough. Hadn't thought about the membership discount with EA. Makes potentially losing Plug and Charge less annoying.
It'll still be Plug and Charge, just not free.

Maybe someone from the original 13 can report back in Oct 😁 @Tesla2Lucid

My free charging expired 06/25 according to the app. I just plugged in at an EA and it automatically started as usual. No charge. I guess the whole expiration thing is just a theory for now, until billing is actually set up.

Back