• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Drive System Fault Megathread

Honestly, after reading the posts in this thread I'm confused what the thread is about and what all the negativity is about.

• Someone(s) had a repeat issue with Drive system fault. Their car is going to be serviced by Lucid.
  • Other owners have empathised, only to be chastised for doing so.
  • Someone(s) speculate that it may have happened to other owners not on the forum. It's pure speculation, as no data, source, or other evidence has been supplied.
  • Someone(s) bought a first generation car, from a new car company and are in denial with the fact that having done so, are if fact Early Adopters (and everything that comes with it). Furthermore, they somehow expect these first gen cars should magically be immune to issues.
  • They think this new company has no greater priority than solve their specific issue (which clearly is not wide-spread).
Is there a coherent point to be made in this thread? If not, maybe it should be locked.

And there you go again just being dismissive and saying it’s coincidence. No it’s not a coincidence that it’s happened to a number of owners in this forum and probably more outside of it, it’s a problem! Almost 2 years in since the cars release and it's still continuing to happen. Clearly, Lucid hasn’t figured out the fix!
It’s time for you to back off a bit. If you read my post, I said that it really sucks that this happened to you twice. That is unprecedented. It is a major coincidence that you happened to be in two vehicles that had drivetrain problems that seem to be rather infrequent. That is not dismissive, it is empathetic.

Reaching out to others in the forum to see if they have had a similar issue. I got in the car and started driving about 15 minutes before sunrise. It was bright out but sun not up. Instrument panel was so dark I could not see buttons. I had to turn on wipers as it was raining and could not see the button. I drove for about 20 minutes...well after it was bright out....and panel still dark. Suddenly it got bright. At the same time, I noticed the red triangle with the exclamation point in it was lit. I looked it up and it is a system warning. It went off after several minutes. This has happened 3 days in a row now

I called customer care and they said car was fine to drive. After I read a lot of comments here, I am a bit worried about driving 30 or 40 miles.

I am in Sarasota and there is no service center nearby.

Any ideas or thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks

Reaching out to others in the forum to see if they have had a similar issue. I got in the car and started driving about 15 minutes before sunrise. It was bright out but sun not up. Instrument panel was so dark I could not see buttons. I had to turn on wipers as it was raining and could not see the button. I drove for about 20 minutes...well after it was bright out....and panel still dark. Suddenly it got bright. At the same time, I noticed the red triangle with the exclamation point in it was lit. I looked it up and it is a system warning. It went off after several minutes. This has happened 3 days in a row now

I called customer care and they said car was fine to drive. After I read a lot of comments here, I am a bit worried about driving 30 or 40 miles.

I am in Sarasota and there is no service center nearby.

Any ideas or thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks
Contact service directly, and see if you can get a tow or mobile van.

So how's everybody else's day going?

IMG_7693.jpeg

IMG_7698.jpeg

Less dramatic than last time; the 12V systems are all working fine, the car just won't move under its own power. Happened in the parking lot at IAD. Huge kudos to the folks at Tysons who got a tow truck and a loaner to me in next to no time.

so 1st time, HV pack, this time...drive motor? blegh, sorry @Spin Doctor

Trying to look on the bright side, that is a beautiful flat bed.

Otherwise, sorry....

It really was, and apparently had just had a brand new winch installed - mine was its first tow :D

It was the first Lucid Dwayne the tow truck guy had seen, too, so I spent a bit of time showing him where to find and install the towing eye, how to use the valet card etc.

No! Rufkm?

I wish!

so 1st time, HV pack, this time...drive motor? blegh, sorry @Spin Doctor

I'd hope that the car would at least limp if only one drive motor was out, though?

Your positive attitude is inspiring. Really sorry to see this and I hope you get it resolved quickly!!

Eh, coming on here and bashing Lucid wouldn't achieve anything. I chose Lucid knowing the risks of buying from a new manufacturer, and I knew I was buying a relatively early (05/22) build. The service I've received from the people at both Natick and Tysons goes a long way towards keeping the positive attitude - that and it's still, by a long stretch, the best car I've owned :)

coming on here and bashing Lucid wouldn't achieve anything.
Yet many here do, at the drop of a hat, for insignicant inconveniences.

You are an inspiration in patience and emotional intelligence.

I guide for a British expedition company, often in Nepal, Bhutan. On the best of days, logistics gets totally bollocked. The universal response from my Brit pax is: We will be in the bar having some beers, let us know when it's all sorted. The Americans, to often, raise their voice, and demand "it" be fixed - now. Or else.

Cheers, mate.

I guide for a British expedition company, often in Nepal, Bhutan. On the best of days, logistics gets totally bollocked. The universal response from my Brit pax is: We will be in the bar having some beers, let us know when it's all sorted. The Americans, to often, raise their voice, and demand "it" be fixed - now. Or else.

Cheers, mate.
I’d prefer the beers. Shit happens. If nobody’s dead, move on with life and see what’s next.

Cheers, mate.
If lucid were to provide a six pack of good beer when your car breaks, it would most certainly ease the pain 🤣

Cheers, mate.

Awesome. I trekked Bhutan many years ago, to Chomolhari and Jichu Drake; the experience of a lifetime.

Cheers, mate.

I went with KE adventure company , which is out of Britain. 😎😎

Awesome. I trekked Bhutan many years ago, to Chomolhari and Jichu Drake; the experience of a lifetime.
You cannot explain Bhutan to someone that has never been. In the late 1990s, I ran the first recce cycling trip across Bhutan, from Paro to Trashigang and down to India. Only one road in the country. Needed permission from the King. He thought we wanted to do a fancy Tour de Bhutan race. That was back when there were almost no tourists.

When you did Chomo, was it the Snowman Trek?

Last edited:
Back