Drive Comparison, GT, Touring, Pure??!

I believe I read somewhere that you do not get full power and torque on the GT in "Smooth" and "Swift" modes. (I believe limited to ~600hp)
You do get modifications to the steering / damping, but the full power and torque are only available in "Sprint" mode.

Having trouble finding where I saw this. Anyone ?
You are correct.

Ordered the GT with 19" all season Pirellis. When spring came I put on a factory set of 21" Pirellis. I really like the 21"s. Keep them at 45 psi. Having recently (Nov.) put the all season 19" back on I can say with confidence = the 21" are better in every way (except of course, cold ).

I believe I read somewhere that you do not get full power and torque on the GT in "Smooth" and "Swift" modes. (I believe limited to ~600hp)
You do get modifications to the steering / damping, but the full power and torque are only available in "Sprint" mode.

Having trouble finding where I saw this. Anyone ?
The Air Grand Touring is powered by two electric motors, one at either axle, that combine for 800 horsepower and 885 lb-ft of torque in Sprint, the Air's sport mode. In the default Swift drive setting, the Air Grand Touring puts down a more modest 536 horsepower and 645 lb-ft, while in the cushier Smooth setting, torque drops a bit more to 620 lb-ft.

Courtesy of Motor Trend:

My point being you can compare the Pure and Touring to the Grand Touring in "Smooth" mode, or even "Swift" mode...

... but you don't have the
1704048281065.jpeg

bear balls mode

Yea that’s what I thought. Unsure what @Cosmo Cruz meant
What he meant was that the sprint horsepower in the touring and pure is equivalent to the smooth horsepower in the grand touring.

Can confirm because of GVWR the dream and GT do qualify for bonus depreciation. I just got off the phone with IRS and confirmed. Some nice advantages to this if you have a business.

Can confirm because of GVWR the dream and GT do qualify for bonus depreciation. I just got off the phone with IRS and confirmed. Some nice advantages to this if you have a business.
I'll note that bonus depreciation is not 100 percent anymore, but still is worthwhile! Does the Touring/Pure not have a 6k+ gvwr?

I'm not sure why the GVWR would change. It would seem that the maximum payload could just go up on the lighter models. The Touring is 628 pounds lighter than the Grand Touring unloaded.

I'm not sure why the GVWR would change. It would seem that the maximum payload could just go up on the lighter models. The Touring is 628 pounds lighter than the Grand Touring unloaded.
Touring GVWR is 6283 lbs.

I'll note that bonus depreciation is not 100 percent anymore, but still is worthwhile! Does the Touring/Pure not have a 6k+ gvwr?
The GT GVWR is 6283, but the Pure AWD and Touring are 300lbs lighter. If the payload is the same, then that would put them under 6k. But apparently touring has higher payload? I don’t know how that works. How can payload increase on the lighter cars?

The GT GVWR is 6283, but the Pure AWD and Touring are 300lbs lighter. If the payload is the same, then that would put them under 6k. But apparently touring has higher payload? I don’t know how that works. How can payload increase on the lighter cars?
Well, my thinking regarding that is that if the platform can take that extra weight, then maybe the weight removed would be added to the payload? Even then though, the extra torque and hp of the GT is likely what gives it the GVWR edge. Or maybe there is another explanation?

Larger (more) batteries. batteries are heavy.

Well, my thinking regarding that is that if the platform can take that extra weight, then maybe the weight removed would be added to the payload? Even then though, the extra torque and hp of the GT is likely what gives it the GVWR edge. Or maybe there is another explanation?
Yes this is the correct answer.

Qualifies for all bonus
Weight is over 6000 using gvwr
My accountant actually owes one and it did

qualify. The GT does Pure and Touring don’t

GT gvwr is 6285

Lucid Air Gross Vehicle Weight​

2023 Lucid Air Gross Vehicle Weight is 6283 lbs.

Hence, this vehicle Qualifies for the 6000 Pound or more requirement(Per IRS) and using a combination of Section 179 and Bonus Depreciation you can get 100% Deduction on a vehicle purchase price including Fees and Sales Taxes.
I own a Touring purchased in 2023. The official GVWR according to the placard on my vehicle is 6283 lbs.

I own a Touring purchased in 2023. The official GVWR according to the placard on my vehicle is 6283 lbs.
So you may want to check with your accountant if you can take all the depreciation available 2 u if a bizz owner.

I’m about to pick up an air pure rwd. Also test drove the touring and grand touring. Air pure felt noticing lighter and more nimble. Also love the raw rwd feeling of a sports car. I have 3 other cars all which have awd so not concerned about winter driving. Plus, it snowed like once in boston the last 2 winters. I’m also leasing as the deals are pretty good. If I were to buy, it would be awd but with a lease I opted for lowest payment and also a little more fun with rwd when the weather is nice.

Back