DreamDrivePro owners, would you still keep it?

Given a chance for refund, would you keep or opt out of DDP?

• Keeping it

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Would opt out

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

noobzilla

Just curious if current owners like and use DDP frequently enough.

It's priced $9000. For GT owner's that not as significant of a price vs Touring or Pure's base price. So let's say 10% of your purchase price. Given a chance for refund, would you keep or opt out of DDP?

$9k feels worth it to me for the LiDAR hardware but so far I haven't made the most use of it so 🤷‍♂️

I will keep it not for what it is offering today but what it will offer in the future. With how this field is maturing, having it now make sense as adding it later on might be more costly.

what if by the time DDP features become more realized, it requires processor or other hardware upgrade out of pocket by customers to make it usable like Tesla with their earliest models?

Like @HariK told me before, buy the safest car you can afford. If whatever is included in DDPro prevents me from running over, hitting someone, something, etc it's all worth the $9k in the end.

Like Tesla did, I imagine Lucid would need to upgrade customer cars.

Like @HariK told me before, buy the safest car you can afford. If whatever is included in DDPro prevents me from running over, hitting someone, something, etc it's all worth the $9k in the end.
I've been surprised and grateful at how often ADAS features have helped in everyday driving

Im not sure asking if its worth $9k is the right question -- it adds resale value, which you would eventually recoup a portion of. I understand where you're going tho. My answer is a big YES.

Yes for what it is today and a big YES for what it will be in the future.

what specific features helped you in your everyday driving?
I think presently, there are only 2 features in DDP that are active:

1) Autosteer within a lane
2) Surround view monitoring with blind spot display

The rest are included in DD such as Adaptive Cruise, Auto Park...

I paid for DDP in the hope that it will add more features that Tesla has but with stability, not beta quality.

I paid for DDP in the hope that it will add more features that Tesla has but with stability, not beta quality.
I would be ok with the current Tesla features. I’m afraid it will take them 2 years to get there and longer for something similar to Tesla’s FSD Beta. The current DDP features should have been released a year ago. The last minute switch to NVIDIA has really set DDP behind.

As I told @hydbob I would be here today if I did not buy the safest car which got totaled and nothing happened to the passenger cabin other than air bags being deployed.

There are some great things about Dream Drive. The one feature I could certainly skip is highway assist, but that’s just me and chances are it will improve over time.

As a Tesla Model S owner, I purchased full self drive in 2016. It still cannot do what was promised. So, now I do not buy promises, I would like surround view, but not at $9K.

As a Tesla Model S owner, I purchased full self drive in 2016. It still cannot do what was promised. So, now I do not buy promises, I would like surround view, but not at $9K.
Same here. But for me, surround view, lane change camera view, the slightly higher resale value, and faster delivery time was definitely worth $9k. $1.5k, really, when you factor in the tax credit, which I most certainly would have lost.

Same here. But for me, surround view, lane change camera view, the slightly higher resale value, and faster delivery time was definitely worth $9k. $1.5k, really, when you factor in the tax credit, which I most certainly would have lost.
I agree, I’m pleased with the 9k for DDP, even if they never add another feature.

We are still waiting to hear from the IRS on the tax credit, right? I put in the order, but I will not get the car this year.

Hydro Bob ... i find your terse comments uplifting. Thanks.

Back