DreamDrive part 2, patch 1.1.5

Sorry about sent crossed fingers but I guess that confused the UI. Anyway good luck.

Yea, when the app notifies you, you can click the link for the release notes.

Is there any indication at all that the LiDAR is even operational?
When you get close to an object it will tell you how close you are using a conjunction of sensors like LiDAR.

eg:

1643921678326.png

Yea, when the app notifies you, you can click the link for the release notes.
Yea, I did that then on my iPhone went to share—>copy link. I didn’t think to do it for 1.1.4 and I don’t think I can go back to get it.

1.1.5 is installing as I type - so it seems the software update issue was momentary and Customer Care resolved it extremely quickly (within an hour or two).

1.1.5 is installing as I type - so it seems the software update issue was momentary and Customer Care resolved it extremely quickly (within an hour or two).
Do you think that Lucid will establish a customer care setup like the airlines do for frequent fliers? DE owners have a certain number, AGT owners are like platinums, Touring and Pure following. Not really a serious question, but for all of the people on the board asking whether the extra money is worth it, having a quicker connection to customer care would certainly figure in highly :).

I
Do you think that Lucid will establish a customer care setup like the airlines do for frequent fliers? DE owners have a certain number, AGT owners are like platinums, Touring and Pure following. Not really a serious question, but for all of the people on the board asking whether the extra money is worth it, having a quicker connection to customer care would certainly figure in highly :).
I certainly hope not because that would mean we are having too many issues lol.

I would hope they treat Pure customers with the same respect as the Dream customers.

Ah, but @hydbob your overlooking the most common reason people will call...they're new to EVs and just don't know all of the ins and outs. That's certainly what occupies all of the time in my line of work.

Ah, but @hydbob your overlooking the most common reason people will call...they're new to EVs and just don't know all of the ins and outs. That's certainly what occupies all of the time in my line of work.
True, the good thing is the Lucid seems to be more intuitive compared to at least Tesla.

1643926647808.png

As the illustration shows, checking lidar functionality is difficult without risking damage. The example mnewber1 showed is inaccurate as that function is solely handled by ultrasonic sensors (think of them as short range distance gauges). Radar provides the same functionality as ultrasound but at greater distances. Lidar technically can also fulfill the same function as radar.

When Lucid states collision avoidance/emergency braking is enabled, that would mean they are using lidar. You can set up a balloon wall with something reflective on it and see if the car stops itself.

This picture is from: https://dewesoft.com/daq/types-of-adas-sensors

Seems like some of the issues people were having here should be fixed by these last 2 updates, especially regarding the locking/unlocking and the mobile key.

I'm really curious how @Bill55 @MoniputerLM feel about the car after these 2 updates.
Interested to know if your efficiency numbers improve with ACC

In the motor trend CotY video you can see the LiDAR unit is active when the car is unlocked and on during filming, even while stationary (cameras can pick up IR). That was filmed a while back so I’d bet it is active but not utilized fully.

View attachment 708

As the illustration shows, checking lidar functionality is difficult without risking damage. The example mnewber1 showed is inaccurate as that function is solely handled by ultrasonic sensors (think of them as short range distance gauges). Radar provides the same functionality as ultrasound but at greater distances. Lidar technically can also fulfill the same function as radar.

When Lucid states collision avoidance/emergency braking is enabled, that would mean they are using lidar. You can set up a balloon wall with something reflective on it and see if the car stops itself.

This picture is from: https://dewesoft.com/daq/types-of-adas-sensors
There’s two forward facing active EM systems, the K/KA band radar on the lower facia and the LiDAR in the grilled between the headlights.

Wait, is the LIDAR used for the cross traffic or is that camera based?

Back