DreamDrive part 2, patch 1.1.5

It's called the "Florida Feature". Drivers down here constantly change lanes without signaling their intentions, and you certainly don't want some software stopping them.

Not unique to Florida. One of my pet peeves...drivers who don't use their turn signals or wait until they are already turning when the signal is useless.

Disappointing that it doesn’t show adjacent lanes yet

I imagine that will come when it also does lane centering. What they call “Highway Assist” coming later in 2022. This is what I got from customer relations:

“Highway Assist is a combination of Adaptive Cruise Control with steering assistance (e.g., Lane Departure Protection, etc.). This will help keep the vehicle centered in the vehicle’s intended lane of travel as this will detect lane markings and other vehicles while maintaining the set speed and the following distance.

It is not however, a collision warning or avoidance system, but is designed to add more comfort and convenience while driving.”

Disappointing that it doesn’t show adjacent lanes yet
I'm glad it doesn't, the cars constantly moving in adjacent lanes is annoying on the Tesla UI

I'm glad it doesn't, the cars constantly moving in adjacent lanes is annoying on the Tesla UI
That’s interesting. I like it. Teslas problem is that they “dance”. A few other manufacturers have it (MB for instance) and it looks great there

That’s interesting. I like it. Teslas problem is that they “dance”. A few other manufacturers have it (MB for instance) and it looks great there
True, the graphics are definitely not smooth and distracting. It would be okay if it was done right.

Oh yea 1 other note, the cameras must be actively looking for speed limit signs as I got notifications of speed limit changes and the option to reduce my cruise control.

Oh yea 1 other note, the cameras must be actively looking for speed limit signs as I got notifications of speed limit changes and the option to reduce my cruise control.
Getting the option is nice. When the feature is turned on on our Taycan, it just randomly slams the breaks when it reads the speeds wrong. We always disable it for that reason

Lane departure warning and intervention will flash red, have an audible chime and vibrate the steering wheel.

https://youtu.be/6SPYg2y2MEo

1.1.5 Boot times vs 1.0.8 Better, but still far from a good experience if you are driving after someone else, especially if there is a significant height difference.
Leaving out the time for the seat to finish as this could vary widely depending on profile preferences.

Lucid Air booting up and adjusting seat to profile associated with a key fob 1.1.5
Door unlocks almost immediately. I paused just slightly as handle presented
Time after door is opened
0:12 Fans
0:17 Speedometer screen (driving possible)
0:37 Center screens
0:50 Music
0:52 profile adjustments start

0:45 seconds lower screen populates
0:49 seconds upper screen populates
1:04 profile adjustments start
1:15 music

1.1.5 Boot times vs 1.0.8 Better, but still far from a good experience if you are driving after someone else, especially if there is a significant height difference.
Leaving out the time for the seat to finish as this could vary widely depending on profile preferences.

Lucid Air booting up and adjusting seat to profile associated with a key fob 1.1.5

that's a long boot sequence. i hope they improve that soon.

I thought it's supposed to start up when you get near the car?

Same, to be honest. Mine does seem to be faster than that, but it still feels long in the tooth. Wonder how @Jon_Rettinger feels about it on 1.1.7
We don’t talk about 1.1.7, no no no. We don’t talk about it.

See, I asked them and they told me it was a mistake

It's weird, the bootup sequence is so inconsistent. Sometimes it loads in 20 seconds and other times it takes a full minute like Bill55 pointed out. My only guess is the sleep state the car is in, but it DEFEINTELY is the slowest when I first start it up every morning. Probably didn't get its cup of coffee yet.

We don’t talk about 1.1.7, no no no. We don’t talk about it.

See, I asked them and they told me it was a mistake
It's weird, the bootup sequence is so inconsistent. Sometimes it loads in 20 seconds and other times it takes a full minute like Bill55 pointed out. My only guess is the sleep state the car is in, but it DEFEINTELY is the slowest when I first start it up every morning. Probably didn't get its cup of coffee yet.
I try to be consistent with this test. There is about 20 minutes of park time before the videos. My experience just running into Starbucks to pick up a mobile order, I'm frequently out the parking lot before the center stack boots back up, and on the road before music starts playing again.

Back