DreamDrive part 2, patch 1.1.5

There’s two forward facing active EM systems, the K/KA band radar on the lower facia and the LiDAR in the grilled between the headlights.
I think that you will find that both the short and long range radar is W band 77GHz instead of K or Ka band. The owners manual has a nice diagram of all of the sensors.

1643931031867.png

Okay so then they are just adjusting LIDAR for highway assist later?

Okay so then they are just adjusting LIDAR for highway assist later?
I would think so since LIDAR is just forward looking. I have seen pictures similar to the one shown by @SDHacker showing LIDAR having longer range than radar. I don't have enough details on Lucid's incorporation of the LIDAR to know which sees further on the Lucid.

Seems like some of the issues people were having here should be fixed by these last 2 updates, especially regarding the locking/unlocking and the mobile key.

I'm really curious how @Bill55 @MoniputerLM feel about the car after these 2 updates.
I have only today with part 2 of the update. First impressions. The car is booting much faster, park distance is improved with the distance to obstacle display. Briefly tried cruise and worked perfectly. Lane departure works as expected. Unlock/Lock is improved, but still inconsistent. (went out after parked for about 1 hour to get something I left in car and stood by door for about 8-10 seconds for it to unlock) If I could turn off the proximity lock/unlock I would. I wish the speed limit sign would go away if you turn off speed limit warnings. I think the speedometer/power display graphics are awesome, now there is an unremovable speed limit sign that is ugly. As an alternate an option to have something that is not skeuomorphic and blends with the rest of the design astetic. I'm looking forward to exploring the update in depth. Unfortunately, I'm traveling for next 10 days so it will be awhile before I get the chance.

I have only today with part 2 of the update. First impressions. The car is booting much faster, park distance is improved with the distance to obstacle display. Briefly tried cruise and worked perfectly. Lane departure works as expected. Unlock/Lock is improved, but still inconsistent. (went out after parked for about 1 hour to get something I left in car and stood by door for about 8-10 seconds for it to unlock) If I could turn off the proximity lock/unlock I would. I wish the speed limit sign would go away if you turn off speed limit warnings. I think the speedometer/power display graphics are awesome, now there is an unremovable speed limit sign that is ugly. As an alternate an option to have something that is not skeuomorphic and blends with the rest of the design astetic. I'm looking forward to exploring the update in depth. Unfortunately, I'm traveling for next 10 days so it will be awhile before I get the chance.

Curious: did you push in the door handles to unlock it? That works well but requires more force than I originally expected.

Curious: did you push in the door handles to unlock it? That works well but requires more force than I originally expected.
@borski, Are you using the cell-phone as key for proximity lock/unlock? If so, is it communicating over Bluetooth to figure out that you are close enough?

Were you testing out the mobile key or was that with the fob? Agreed about the speed limit sign. The interface looks so smooth and refined and then the speed limit sign detracts massively from the look.

@borski, Are you using the cell-phone as key for proximity lock/unlock? If so, is it communicating over Bluetooth to figure out that you are close enough?

I’ve used both the mobile key and the key fob - the mobile key works much better now than it used to. The key fob has always worked.

And yeah the phone uses Bluetooth

I think that you will find that both the short and long range radar is W band 77GHz instead of K or Ka band. The owners manual has a nice diagram of all of the sensors.

View attachment 709
What's confusing is that DD Pro comes with 32 sensors but they only show 23 total in the diagrams (number 3 could count as multiple sensors). Are they calling lidar long range radar in the owners manual?

Depending on which lidar unit is used, it can have a range of 200 to 400 meters while "normal" longer range radar is about 300 meters. Lucid advertises that they use a wide angle lidar unit so they could conceivably track a vehicle entering the freeway using lidar, merging recklessly and use a combination of the sensors to determine that collision avoidance action is required.

I have not used the phone since 1.0.5. I plan to try again with this update. I’ve been using the fob. I don’t think Lucid is using Apple NFC, I think it is using Bluetooth.

Were you testing out the mobile key or was that with the fob? Agreed about the speed limit sign. The interface looks so smooth and refined and then the speed limit sign detracts massively from the look.
Using the fob, although I plan to give the phone another try with this update.

What's confusing is that DD Pro comes with 32 sensors but they only show 23 total in the diagrams (number 3 could count as multiple sensors). Are they calling lidar long range radar in the owners manual?
I agree the number of sensors does not add up, there are more sensors than shown in the manual. Some of the cameras locations could have more than one view. I am also not sure where the LIDAR sensor is. Maybe one of the current owner knows.

More odds and ends, but Pirelli is covering the tire with the defect. Lucid is coming out tomorrow to put on the new tire.

I agree the number of sensors does not add up, there are more sensors than shown in the manual. Some of the cameras locations could have more than one view. I am also not sure where the LIDAR sensor is. Maybe one of the current owner knows.
It's #1 on the diagram. Does the 32 sensors count stuff inside the car?

View attachment 709
As I typed K/KA I was actually wondering if I was out of date there. Thanks for the info.

It's #1 on the diagram. Does the 32 sensors count stuff inside the car?
#1 is where I would expect LIDAR but I would also expect the LIDAR and long range RADAR sensors to be separate sensors. You are correct, driver monitoring and the interior sensors count.

Back