DreamDrive Drowsy/Distracted Driver Alert

AIR.LUCID

Cars
‘04 Prius, ‘98 MB SLK230
Does the Drowsy/Distracted Driver Alert work with sunglasses?

My car will constantly alert me via audible cue and audio/steering vibration with sunglasses on. I tried with Ray Ban and Oakley type. Interesting, it seems to be dependent on sun glare from my glasses for me. I presume because the direction of the sun matters. Driving into sun - no good. Away - 50/50.

I setup a profile without my prescription eyeglasses and with eyeglasses. It would not accept a profile with Ray Bans. My eyeglasses sometimes initiates the alert, too.

The dark glass above and low profile windscreen with dark a pillars seem to minimize the need for sunglasses after I take them off out of frustration /s…..

Just turn off the function if you have to wear sunglasses 😁

Mine works fine with sunglasses, but I added two facial recognition variants through the settings.

Ha yes indeed. My wife has disabled hers long ago and laughs at my frustration. I just want it to work and I’m stubborn I guess 😂.
Yea, I get that and it would be cool if it did. One thing that after I tinted my windshield, either the system improved or the glare reduction from the tint helped the system out, but right now, the system is pretty mich working as intended and only altering me when I'm looking away. I also have those transition lenses and it seems to do fine.

Mine works fine with sunglasses, but I added two facial recognition variants through the settings.
Hmm… Mine kept failing with sunglasses. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow with better lighting outside. I tried each time in the dark-ish garage.

Does the Drowsy/Distracted Driver Alert work with sunglasses?
Yes it does but I get false alerts when driving into the low sun. I doubt that it has anything to do with the saved pictures in your profile since this function works for guest profiles that have no saved profile pictures.

I have the impression that it might matter whether the sunglasses are prescription, from what Lucid service told me...

Mine is constantly issuing an alert to watch the the road even though I am wearing clear, non-tinted glasses and looking absolutely straight ahead, not even momentarily looking off to the side. It is a completely useless function. When I called Lucid they advised me to try to adjust the height of the steering wheel and the seat to try to find a better position for the camera to see my eyes. The camera seems to be unable to determine my eye position accurately at any time of day, in any lighting. The camera is apparently located on the steering column, which is, a very poor design choice. If you raise or lower the steering wheel to certain positions, it also blocks the view of the on screen video display for the right and left turn signals. I have had to turn off the function permanently. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks

Back