Pay Attention Warning and Keep Hands on Wheel when in Highway Assist

Cool. šŸ˜Ž

Enjoy it, for as long as you can continue ā€œdoing it right.ā€

I tend to avoid meaningless energy savings or feeling ā€œsaucy with my kneesā€ when the wrong move or sudden stop might mean the death of me, my passengers, or other people around me. Especially when, as a software engineer, I know just how generally unpredictable these systems are to date.

But you do you šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
when you are are a long trip and encounter a cold windy day with a strong headwind you take any advantage that you can get. maybe if I was totally dependent on software I'd be wary as well.
anyways, it is good to know what your limits are, stay safe out there

when you are are a long trip and encounter a cold windy day with a strong headwind you take any advantage that you can get. maybe if I was totally dependent on software I'd be wary as well.
anyways, it is good to know what your limits are, stay safe out there
I donā€™t disagree; I guess my contention is that driving with your knees and/or without hands quite literally makes you ā€œtotally dependent on software.ā€

But Iā€™ll leave it at that.

There are a few methods to it not being an issue; I use one hand at 9 o clock with my elbow on the windowsill. Others use one hand at 3 o clock with their elbow on the center armrest.

Either works fine
I think there is a fair amount of variability between the Lucid vehicles. I drove the model S for three years and now the GT for two. The 9 oclock/ 3 oā€™clock technique doesnā€™t work for my Lucid. It still gives me warnings. It also turns off randomly without warning.

Yes, it should probably go to the service center, but I havenā€™t found that process very rewarding. I donā€™t keep cars longer than 3 years, so it will have to do for a little longer.

I think there is a fair amount of variability between the Lucid vehicles. I drove the model S for three years and now the GT for two. The 9 oclock/ 3 oā€™clock technique doesnā€™t work for my Lucid. It still gives me warnings. It also turns off randomly without warning.

Yes, it should probably go to the service center, but I havenā€™t found that process very rewarding. I donā€™t keep cars longer than 3 years, so it will have to do for a little longer.
Same it doesn't work for me either. The only way it works is id my hand is resting on the bottom (more like between 7 oclock) and I can continue to drive for an hour without any nagging. However, My hand goes numb after 10 minutes or so :)

Back