Dream Drive Pro LiDAR Mapping

copper

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring

Showed up on YouTube. This is a very aero-optimized LiDAR installation not intended for car control from what I can tell. Instead it looks like LiDAR mapping the freeway for use by Dream Drive Pro equipped cars.

Showed up on YouTube. This is a very aero-optimized LiDAR installation not intended for car control from what I can tell. Instead it looks like LiDAR mapping the freeway for use by Dream Drive Pro equipped cars.
Looks like Lucid needs this for the same type of thing like SuperCruise? Completely handsfree on certain roads?

Looks like Lucid needs this for the same type of thing like SuperCruise? Completely handsfree on certain roads?
I don’t believe LiDAR mapping is required for Level 3, but it definitely helps. If they’re out mapping roads then Pro is likely in active testing.

"in camo"
> has big LUCID on side

1649954188563.png

Here's one with a different sensor on it. Not sure what they're testing specifically but all pictures and videos have the driver's hands on the wheel.

Here's one with a different sensor on it. Not sure what they're testing specifically but all pictures and videos have the driver's hands on the wheel.
Looks like mounts with integrated sensors, but the main unit isn’t attached? That’s novel.

These are unlikely to be self driving cars themselves - instead they’re intended to scan the roadway with LiDAR to get hires maps for customer cars. This lets the ADAS “see” behind a car that blocks their view by already having data on the road.

That said, maybe Lucid is going to compete with Cruise/Waymo? (Probably not)

I can’t imagine they’re trying to get in the robo taxi space without at least showing what autonomous capabilities they have.

Looks like mounts with integrated sensors, but the main unit isn’t attached? That’s novel.

These are unlikely to be self driving cars themselves - instead they’re intended to scan the roadway with LiDAR to get hires maps for customer cars. This lets the ADAS “see” behind a car that blocks their view by already having data on the road.

That said, maybe Lucid is going to compete with Cruise/Waymo? (Probably not)
Everyone is just working with NVIDIA lol. All these companies are using NVIDIA including MB

Back