Don’t leave your car L2 charger plugged in for extended period of time.

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
My AGT is DEAD! It won’t respond to any unlock method. On app, I couldn’t wake it up. I couldn’t unplugged the charging dispenser that has been in it for 3 days. Is it when dispenser is connected, it keeps draining 12V battery? Good thing this is happening in my garage instead of somewhere else. I recalled couple others had same issue after coming back from vacation to see this predicament. I didn’t plug to charger during 18 days trip, but I did plugged in since Saturday drive and not unplugged since. It’s not hazard issu, but this problem now. Grrrrr……
414995DC-3C5E-45B2-80B1-DED3A46812C7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or was it 1.2.185 drains more 12V battery? 🤔

I have left my on the charger for two weeks when out of town. I doubt the charge caused it. Were you using the Lucid mobile charger or some other EVSE?

I was gone for 11 weeks in Europe and my DE was plugged in the whole time. Came home and had no issues :/

Have you tried resetting using the key card?

My AGT is DEAD! It won’t respond to any unlock method. On app, I couldn’t wake it up. I couldn’t unplugged the charging dispenser that has been in it for 3 days. Is it when dispenser is connected, it keeps draining 12V battery? Good thing this is happening in my garage instead of somewhere else. I recalled couple others had same issue after coming back from vacation to see this predicament. I didn’t plug to charger during 18 days trip, but I did plugged in since Saturday drive and not unplugged since. It’s not hazard issu, but this problem now. Grrrrr……
View attachment 4998
Oh noes...right after you got back from vacation too. Get the jump point and jump I to unlock.

I have left my on the charger for two weeks when out of town. I doubt the charge caused it. Were you using the Lucid mobile charger or some other EVSE?
I use Wallbox, never had issue.

I was gone for 11 weeks in Europe and my DE was plugged in the whole time. Came home and had no issues :/

Have you tried resetting using the key card?
Nothing respond, not even key card nor fob pressing against B pillar.

Oh noes...right after you got back from vacation too. Get the jump point and jump I to unlock.
I had 79% before I left. I came back 18 days, it was at 74%. The next day, I drove down to 28%, then charge. Left dispenser plugged next 3 days and now car is dead.

Hopefully Lucidmobile can come rescue tomorrow.

I had 79% before I left. I came back 18 days, it was at 74%. The next day, I drove down to 28%, then charge. Left dispenser plugged next 3 days and now car is dead.

Sorry that happened to you. Please keep us posted.

you're lucky it didn't happen while you were driving. some of the forum members were not that fortunate. hopefully they identify the cause and fix it for you soon.

That sucks. Hopefully a jump will fix your problems. Seems like the vampire drain just kills it when it just sits there. I know with the Ioniq5, EV6 and GV60 have an indicator light that goes on when the 12V battery is pulling electricity from the HV when the car is "off" and sitting idle, so you know those cars are trying to keep the 12v battery charged. Maybe when the Lucid is idle for too long, the 12V doesn't give the message to the HV to charge it. I wonder if a battery tender would be a feasible option if you're gonna be leaving the car off for a while.

That sucks. Hopefully a jump will fix your problems. Seems like the vampire drain just kills it when it just sits there. I know with the Ioniq5, EV6 and GV60 have an indicator light that goes on when the 12V battery is pulling electricity from the HV when the car is "off" and sitting idle, so you know those cars are trying to keep the 12v battery charged. Maybe when the Lucid is idle for too long, the 12V doesn't give the message to the HV to charge it. I wonder if a battery tender would be a feasible option if you're gonna be leaving the car off for a while.
There can be many theories. I hope they can get a tech to come check out tomorrow. Fortunately I live in Great Houston area which is only 50 minutes away from Service Center and I wasn’t driving when it happened. I had changed 4 fob batteries and put both fob in separate faraday pouch. I wonder was somewhere in the new update, my 45 minutes timer climate control didn’t turn off after 45 minutes? Or something in new software update triggered not turning off the car and drain 12V. I hope they can pull data log and give me answer.

Funny, I just bought our 2nd EV on the day when this happened. We got Polestar 2 because no other new EV can be driven out from any Houston dealership. I had order that car 4 weeks ago for Austin Texas pick up in Christmas delivery. Then we passed by freeway and saw Volvo dealership has extra new ones in parking lot, and one of them has the specs I ordered. So we just saved 3 months of waiting. My wife said, we got Polestar2 and got AGT jealous, so she quit responding to me as silent treatment.

B40DAE07-29A1-4ABD-9FEE-5F4664BF3884.jpeg

There can be many theories. I hope they can get a tech to come check out tomorrow. Fortunately I live in Great Houston area which is only 50 minutes away from Service Center and I wasn’t driving when it happened. I had changed 4 fob batteries and put both fob in separate faraday pouch. I wonder was somewhere in the new update, my 45 minutes timer climate control didn’t turn off after 45 minutes? Or something in new software update triggered not turning off the car and drain 12V. I hope they can pull data log and give me answer.
Damn man, sorry. Was it plugged in when you did the update? I noticed in their recommendations they now say the car can be plugged in while doing the update but charging will be paused.

I’m beginning to think there’s some issue with the DC to DC converter in the WunderBox that sends voltage from HV battery to the 12v to keep it topped off enough to maintain non-HV battery functions when the car is asleep.

Hope you get it fixed soon. My GT will be in shop 4 weeks this Friday. Not the same issue. Keep us posted. At least we are building a library of issues and fixes on this forum.

View attachment 4998
I had this problem as well. The car was jumped and taken in for service by Lucid. While being transported, I was notified of a software update. I was able to perform the update while it was in transit. When delivered to the Chicago service facility they determined that my problem was an on board computer did not shut down, and it drained my 12 volt batteries. They also surmised that when I performed the software update I corrected the problem. The car was deliverEd a week ago, and I have had no issues. The good news is I now understand how to jumpstart the car, should this ever happen again!

Damn man, sorry. Was it plugged in when you did the update? I noticed in their recommendations they now say the car can be plugged in while doing the update but charging will be paused.

I’m beginning to think there’s some issue with the DC to DC converter in the WunderBox that sends voltage from HV battery to the 12v to keep it topped off enough to maintain non-HV battery functions when the car is asleep.
It was never plugged while OTA update.
Sorry to hear about your issue. I had a similar experience, probably due to an update when I was supposed to unplug and didn't. A jump worked for me, see instructions here if you want to do yourself. https://lucidowners.com/threads/car-completely-non-responsive.2330/#post-56924
I think we have similar issue.
I had this problem as well. The car was jumped and taken in for service by Lucid. While being transported, I was notified of a software update. I was able to perform the update while it was in transit. When delivered to the Chicago service facility they determined that my problem was an on board computer did not shut down, and it drained my 12 volt batteries. They also surmised that when I performed the software update I corrected the problem. The car was deliverEd a week ago, and I have had no issues. The good news is I now understand how to jumpstart the car, should this ever happen again!
I just saw how it was jumped too.

Shout out to Josh of Houston SC. Excellent service! I got my AGT running again in less than 24 hours of issue reporting. I just feel fortunate to close to Houston SC.

4F41A913-2206-45F2-84B3-01DE50CDDC83.jpeg

A582D7A8-65C9-42FD-96CB-8CB41E1241BC.jpeg

I was told it probably was just being constantly diagnosis and drained. One jump and it worked like it didn’t happen, I didn’t have to change 12V battery.
So I was told try not to plug charge again until I get the next 2 critical OTA which I lagged behind. So I can see batch release is essential than force down OTA update to everyone same time, it eliminate complexity of troubleshooting.

Back