Delivery Timing and Cost

ScottM

Cars
Etron, Lucid reservation
If I sound like a nervous Nellie or negative, that is not my intent. First off, the tax credit is important and maybe critical to me. My Touring order does not include DDP, but my DA is saying it will be delivered by December 31st. I didn't think I would get delivery until Jan/Feb. I'm happy about the prospect of an earlier than expected delivery, but I'm concerned that I sign the Purchase Agreement and don't see delivery by the end of the year. If that happens, I'm obligated to buy, but will likely not get the tax credit. I've worked with big corporations and know the pressures to make yearly/quarterly numbers. I'm concerned that this pressure may be leading to promises that are not kept. Is anyone else in this situation or have some insight on AT's being delivered without DDP by the end of the year. TIA.

you'll know if it's true or not as the car would have to be at the Service Center minimum a week before the end of the year for detailing etc. If it's not then chances of getting this year is slim.

If I sound like a nervous Nellie or negative, that is not my intent. First off, the tax credit is important and maybe critical to me. My Touring order does not include DDP, but my DA is saying it will be delivered by December 31st. I didn't think I would get delivery until Jan/Feb. I'm happy about the prospect of an earlier than expected delivery, but I'm concerned that I sign the Purchase Agreement and don't see delivery by the end of the year. If that happens, I'm obligated to buy, but will likely not get the tax credit. I've worked with big corporations and know the pressures to make yearly/quarterly numbers. I'm concerned that this pressure may be leading to promises that are not kept. Is anyone else in this situation or have some insight on AT's being delivered without DDP by the end of the year. TIA.
Can you add the phrase “contingent soon physical delivery by no later than 12/31/22?

Can you add the phrase “contingent soon physical delivery by no later than 12/31/22?
I've thought of that, but not sure how. I doubt any company would allow you to add wording to their finely tuned legal document. DA said car was still at the manufacturing plant (maybe outside waiting on a truck? - don't know). I would pick up the car in south Florida - so given @HC_79's comments - that seems doubtful to me, especially given the holidays.

you'll know if it's true or not as the car would have to be at the Service Center minimum a week before the end of the year for detailing etc. If it's not then chances of getting this year is slim.
good thought - thanks.

good thought - thanks.
For what it’s worth im in the exact same spot, I did sign everything but I’ve told everyone several times that I won’t do the deal if their promises to deliver before 1/1/23 aren’t kept, I’m canceling. I had an order which I got talked out of and sold an existing inventory vehicle because of the advantage of the 7500. rebate. If it turns out not to be true, I’m not at all ok with that. Then We’ll argue about my 1000. Deposit

For what it’s worth im in the exact same spot, I did sign everything but I’ve told everyone several times that I won’t do the deal if their promises to deliver before 1/1/23 aren’t kept, I’m canceling. I had an order which I got talked out of and sold an existing inventory vehicle because of the advantage of the 7500. rebate. If it turns out not to be true, I’m not at all ok with that. Then We’ll argue about my 1000. Deposit
Thanks. By your name seems you live in Nevada - at least that is closer to Lucid. I didn't like some of the language in the PA regarding not picking up the car. I'm guessing Lucid would not do anything, (they would not have my money), but the legalese seems to say they can - I'm no lawyer...

Not directly related to the question, but the very low mileage EQS's are selling for in the 80's, all with big price drops. Same is true for used AGT's I've seen for sale.

Does the car have to be physically in your possession though or dated sales contract with full payment in 2022 is sufficient to get the credit? If not, and the car is at least in transit you could pay for it this year and pickup early next year.

Not directly related to the question, but the very low mileage EQS's are selling for in the 80's, all with big price drops. Same is true for used AGT's I've seen for sale.
Just like the price drops on a normal car the moment you drive it off a lot, a luxury cars drops even more.

good thought - thanks.
If you're on the West Coast and the car is one of the many sitting in the parking lot I think you still have a chance of seeing it this year.

I'm in the same position. I was approached in mid November saying if I upgraded to DD Pro I would have my touring by the end of the year. They told me that without DD Pro I wouldn't see it this year. I did the upgrade contingent upon getting the car by the end of the year. The Lucid advisor agreed to that in email. With 10 days left in the month I'm told it' just finished production and should be at my local service center the last week of the month. I did do the DocuSign for the Purchase Agreement. I'm looking to hold off payment until the car gets into my state and I have a December delivery.

I hope you get your car in the next couple of days! Good luck

Thanks. I am in a similar spot, as the deal only works for ME, WITH the tax credit. Asked my handler what if I sign and Lucid doesn't deliver? Crickets.... She doesn't respond to anything at this point! NOT GOOD.

I'm not 100% sure if the "binding contract" is, or is not enough, to qualify for the tax credit, even without taking delivery in 2023. It was my understanding that the sole reason for the agreement was to insure availability of the tax credit! Otherwise, I wonder what the "Binding Contract" really means and does. A lot of speculation in posts, but nothing definitive as far as I have seen. BUT, from my perspective, I signed with the intention that it would provide me with the paperwork I need to receive the tax credit. I also believe with this agreement, Lucid has some sort of culpability in the outcome of the tax credit (which they are trying to run from). NOT a lawyer, just my $0.02!

Thanks. I am in a similar spot, as the deal only works for ME, WITH the tax credit. Asked my handler what if I sign and Lucid doesn't deliver? Crickets.... She doesn't respond to anything at this point! NOT GOOD.

I'm not 100% sure if the "binding contract" is, or is not enough, to qualify for the tax credit, even without taking delivery in 2023. It was my understanding that the sole reason for the agreement was to insure availability of the tax credit! Otherwise, I wonder what the "Binding Contract" really means and does. A lot of speculation in posts, but nothing definitive as far as I have seen. BUT, from my perspective, I signed with the intention that it would provide me with the paperwork I need to receive the tax credit. I also believe with this agreement, Lucid has some sort of culpability in the outcome of the tax credit (which they are trying to run from). NOT a lawyer, just my $0.02!
Lucid was making an attempt, with imperfect information since the IRS hasn’t clarified, to give you the best shot at getting the tax credit. However, they do not control it or have any culpability in the outcome of it; that is solely up to Congress and the IRS. .

It is December 26th as I write this. I should have posted this information sooner, but I know many short distance and long distance haulers. While many of them prefer to be home for the holidays, there are many others as well who continue to bid for hauls. There is an uptick in the pay because of the lack of bids for the same job. Those who work during the holidays will often take the week before or after the holidays to celebrate once prices tick down for hauls.

In short, deliveries will be made. The $1,000 delivery fee helps Lucid cover any increase of prices for bids to continue delivery.

It is December 26th as I write this. I should have posted this information sooner, but I know many short distance and long distance haulers. While many of them prefer to be home for the holidays, there are many others as well who continue to bid for hauls. There is an uptick in the pay because of the lack of bids for the same job. Those who work during the holidays will often take the week before or after the holidays to celebrate once prices tick down for hauls.

In short, deliveries will be made. The $1,000 delivery fee helps Lucid cover any increase of prices for bids to continue delivery.
Just curious about the delivery fee - did they charge $1,000 to deliver the car to your doorstep instead of you picking it up at their studio?

Just curious about the delivery fee - did they charge $1,000 to deliver the car to your doorstep instead of you picking it up at their studio?
Correct. Everyone gets charged the fee. It came in a closed trailer pulled by a Ford of some kind. Dude left a few marks on the leather getting in and out of the leather, but after almost three months of ownership, those marks join others near the bottom of the doors (ie. not a big deal in the long run).

Attachments

• PXL_20221213_194600020.jpg
    PXL_20221213_194600020.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
Correct. Everyone gets charged the fee. It came in a closed trailer pulled by a Ford of some kind. Dude left a few marks on the leather getting in and out of the leather, but after almost three months of ownership, those marks join others near the bottom of the doors (ie. not a big deal in the long run).
Thank you for that clarification. I was unaware.

Lucid simply told me that they could deliver to my residence but failed to mention that there would be a charge for that service. You've made me rethink my plans for delivery. I appreciate your pearls of wisdom.

Thank you for that clarification. I was unaware.

Lucid simply told me that they could deliver to my residence but failed to mention that there would be a charge for that service. You've made me rethink my plans for delivery. I appreciate your pearls of wisdom.
Just to clarify. Picking up the car not at your residence does not drop the charge. Everyone gets charged whether it's at their residence or a center near them.

I see a "destination fee" of $1,650 included on my order and I believe that's been a standard practice since the Paleolithic Era. The $1,000 fee, I presume that's in addition to the $1,650 if one elects to arrange for a home delivery.

I live in the boondocks of Upstate NY and the nearest studio is 2 hours from me. I think it's prudent to develop a relationship with the studio so I'll probably make the 4 hour drive, back and forth, with a friend in a second car.

DA informed me anticipated delivery is around end of March/beginning of April so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks for helping me understand some of the nitty-gritty.

I see a "destination fee" of $1,650 included on my order and I believe that's been a standard practice since the Paleolithic Era. The $1,000 fee, I presume that's in addition to the $1,650 if one elects to arrange for a home delivery.

I live in the boondocks of Upstate NY and the nearest studio is 2 hours from me. I think it's prudent to develop a relationship with the studio so I'll probably make the 4 hour drive, back and forth, with a friend in a second car.

DA informed me anticipated delivery is around end of March/beginning of April so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks for helping me understand some of the nitty-gritty.
Further clarification, everyone gets charged the $1,000 regardless of whether they choose to pick up the vehicle at a service center or delivered to their home. In other words, it is the straight $1,650. No adjustments for going either way. $1,650 for home delivery. $1,650 as well for Service Center delivery. I forget what the other $650 is for. Maybe it is all delivery fee. Either way, I believe it is non-negotiable.

For me, I got charged $1,650, not $2,650 for the home delivery because there is no extra $1,000 charge.

There is a new policy with Lucid where they do not deliver if you are within X miles of a Service Center for pick-up. I do not if this is trim specific, still in-place, or something all together different. Your delivery advisor will be able to tell you your options, or lack thereof.

Back