Delivery Delays

I will be curious to see flyovers over the course of next week. If cars are still being added, we'll know they haven't shut down production, but just delivery. Which would also suggest it's something that can be fixed in software. Or that they've already fixed it on the production line, at least.

Well, that's just peachy. I would expect that to cover cars in for service as well as there would be a significant liability to releasing car back to an owner with a known recall item forthcoming, if that is what it is.

If it really is a recall issue and the issue has any bearing on safety, the decision should not have been difficult at all. It might be painful, but not difficult.

Time to change my username again????? Wonder how long my car will be stuck in service?

If it's a recall, I suspect either Pete44 car has triggered it or CLTGT issue seems to have happened to a few cars and might have triggered it.

If it's a recall, I suspect either Pete44 car has triggered it or CLTGT issue seems to have happened to a few cars and might have triggered it.
Those were my first thoughts as well.

I did get a very vague message about my car saying they "Found the leak from the coolant hose. Part is in stock and being shipped. I'll have my district manager follow up with you by before the end of the day. Thanks for your patience" So, it sounds more like a coolant problem than a motor problem, but who knows. I may just have caught the issue before it developed into a motor problem. I wonder how many of those "parts" were the real issue. I think @Pete44 's problem sounded a level of magnitude more serious, but that is just my opinion.

Looking on the bright side, if this keeps up I won't have to worry about rates and a downpayment. I should just be able to pay cash, as well as have a car delivered with more bugs identified and fixed!

Just talked with my service guy and he is not aware of anything like this. In fact, he has a truck load of cars getting loaded up right now to come to Riviera Beach. He confirmed that my issue was a coolant leak caused my a metal clamp that failed, causing the coolant line to rub against the axle and develop a leak.

Just hope that holds.

Just talked with my service guy and he is not aware of anything like this. In fact, he has a truck load of cars getting loaded up right now to come to Riviera Beach. He confirmed that my issue was a coolant leak caused my a metal clamp that failed, causing the coolant line to rub against the axle and develop a leak.

Just hope that holds.
My guess now is since this has happened multiple times they will add this to the PDI to ensure it doesn't happen. Could be they stopped deliveries to check this out. Would be smart before it develops into a recall.

My vin was assigned in May and my Grand Touring was expected in late July and has been produced and setting at factory in Arizona for at least 6 weeks. Apparently for quite a while there is a hold on all deliveries, supposedly for software updates. Lucid has no info on when they expect to release cars. I’m starting to think they can’t get the cars software right. Makes me wonder if I should have waited for 2023 model when they fix all the bugs. Anyone else have any info on the ongoing delivery delays? When is 2023 going to be released?
I doubt that. I drive a GT every day. The software is not perfect, but there is nothing egregious enough to stop deliveries. How is your Mercedes-Benz EQS 580?

Update on my pending delivery out of Goose Island. As of last Friday my car was ready to be delivered (actually got the call from GI) but since paperwork had not been generated I was told to expect a few days delay. Unfortunately, today my DA told me that "there was a meeting" at HQ in CA and they were told deliveries were now on hold, indefinitely (at least at Goose Island), and that it was not restricted to my car (which had already passed PDI). No further information was given, despite various lines of questioning (is it software or hardware, etc).

Speculation is what we do well here, so I'll suggest it is potentially a recall level issue that they want to get ahead of and not something that would make them look good if they release cars - say with Car Play - in advance of the earnings call August 3. Since the delay is undefined and indefinite, and there's little likely-hood of getting a significant number delivered within the next week, I'm betting on a much lower stock price come next Thursday. Too bad, as I was really looking forward to getting the car.
Spoke to my DA this morning. Paperwork (registration, proof of insurance, etc) was all signed today and forwarded to Lucid via overnight delivery, payment made earlier in the week, and the car is almost ready for home delivery out of Houston with home delivery schedule TBD. He said the final step on my car was being done today, an all day software update. He also mentioned he was going to a DA meeting...he didn't say if it was company wide.

I will give him a call tomorrow for an update.

Spoke to my DA this morning. Paperwork (registration, proof of insurance, etc) was all signed today and forwarded to Lucid via overnight delivery, payment made earlier in the week, and the car is almost ready for home delivery out of Houston with home delivery schedule TBD. He said the final step on my car was being done today, an all day software update. He also mentioned he was going to a DA meeting...he didn't say if it was company wide.

I will give him a call tomorrow for an update.
So close to home, congrats! 🎉

I know that is why I came back 😂. Trust me I bought the Stock first and the Car second. I was very invested in Lucid but disappointed in their execution and hence have sold 2/3rds of my Stock and moved a lot of it to RIVN. They guessed right that Trucks and SUV’s are most popular and it did not hurt that they also make Vans and have a ready buyer in a major stockholder and giant suck as Amazon. The PIF is pfft in my personal opinion. They also have 3 times the Cash as Lucid. They are not without issues either but their model seems better for now.
The Gravity is but a dream for now given their current issues.

I am ready to admit I may have a Lemon on my hands but can’t use it to make Lemonade 😂. But it is functional for now AND Definitely a JOY to Drive HOWEVER I am selfish and want/need the perfect package.

I appreciate all that you guys share and don’t mind you having fun at my expense

And the Gravity is not exactly a work of art.....

Maybe this is gullible of me, but I’m going to accept that the people building this car know what they’re doing better than I do, and that they’re facing a lot of struggles in development, software, production and delivery because the whole world is just a damn hot mess right now, not because they’re idiots who have no clue what they’re doing and don’t test their cars and are hoping customers won’t notice.
Respectfully, the issue isn't whether they know their business better than you---the issue is whether they can execute in one of the most complex, cutthroat spaces in American business---the current conditions are what they are---and yes---the OEM who makes 3MM units a year gets the attention of suppliers more than the one that makes 2000 a year. L and the Saudis knew this going in.

The point isn't to bash---the point is to put personal bias and sentimentality to the side

Back