Delivery Delays

CarmanG

Cars
Mercedes EQS 580
DE Number
My vin was assigned in May and my Grand Touring was expected in late July and has been produced and setting at factory in Arizona for at least 6 weeks. Apparently for quite a while there is a hold on all deliveries, supposedly for software updates. Lucid has no info on when they expect to release cars. I’m starting to think they can’t get the cars software right. Makes me wonder if I should have waited for 2023 model when they fix all the bugs. Anyone else have any info on the ongoing delivery delays? When is 2023 going to be released?

Weird they would hold cars for software updates, those can be done over the air.
I was pondering this myself. The hit to revenue would be rather large, but the reasons I could see them doing it:

1) They are giving customers a bad first impression of the car, and that is leading to lots of complaints / cancellations, which hurts the brand long-term.
2) They have an update cooking to fix the biggest known issues, it's rather substantial, and they think it might actually be finished in a short period of time. (A few weeks at most?)
3) It's early in the quarter, and they think they can make up the lost delivery time before the end of Q3. If production is still moving ahead, and they can park the cars somewhere until they can resume delivery without spinning down the factory, it might not hit the Q3 delivery totals that much?

Otherwise, I'm with you. Just get the cars out and send the updates after the fact. Otherwise, you are going to put a heck of a crunch on the delivery teams later in the quarter.

Weird they would hold cars for software updates, those can be done over the air.
Supposedly they want to have car delivered right without a lot of software bugs since they have had so many software complaints but of course could be something else too?

Hmmmm for some perspective my co-worker who reserved a Tesla Model 3 LR who was given a September delivery date was just told she now has to wait until March 2023 unless she wants to pay $100k for Model S.

My vin was assigned in May and my Grand Touring was expected in late July and has been produced and setting at factory in Arizona for at least 6 weeks. Apparently for quite a while there is a hold on all deliveries, supposedly for software updates.
Your DA told you this? There’s been an uptick in deliveries lately hasn’t there?

The flyover seems to back this, more cars in the middle lot but the bottom lot untouched? Hard to say for sure. Posted images here but will add here also.
lucid-lot-july-26.jpg

lucid-lot-july-26-zoom.jpg

Doesn't seem like a lot of cars?

My vin was assigned in May and my Grand Touring was expected in late July and has been produced and setting at factory in Arizona for at least 6 weeks. Apparently for quite a while there is a hold on all deliveries, supposedly for software updates. Lucid has no info on when they expect to release cars. I’m starting to think they can’t get the cars software right. Makes me wonder if I should have waited for 2023 model when they fix all the bugs. Anyone else have any info on the ongoing delivery delays? When is 2023 going to be released?
Aside from fuel price surged this year, there is also about 90k truck drivers shortage this year. The logistics is just nightmare, everywhere is holding the line, from supply delivery to production to end-products delivery are all just cascading in lags.

Last edited:
Supposedly they want to have car delivered right without a lot of software bugs since they have had so many software complaints but of course could be something else too?
I am betting it’s something else but they can’t say just like they did not say it in June.

I doubt anyone is complaining about Software. They hardly have any to complain about.

For me it’s all about Fit/Finish/Hardware/design.
Who puts the USB Where you cannot reach it. Who makes a wireless charging area where your phone does not fit. Who makes Cup Holders where their own Lucid Water Bottles hardly Fit.
Who makes AC Vents so Tiny Air hardly comes out of it. Who makes body panels that barely fit together or Doors and Windows in many cases.
Who makes trim that is falling out in multiple places. Surely not on a 140-180K Automobile.

But what do I know I am just a nit picky complainer who bought an expensive car without trying it out 🙏🤪.

1) They are giving customers a bad first impression of the car, and that is leading to lots of complaints / cancellations, which hurts the brand long-term.
It's probably because of this. The number one complaint from people in these forums is software so they're probably becoming sick of us complaining and if a big update is imminent they may be holding off to offer a better first impression.

The recent media reviews suggested a new update was imminent.

This is my pure assumption. The wrapped cars are the ones that are ready to go. The unwrapped cars got bundled into different sections for 1-Pre Delivery Inspection or 2-Post Assembly Line Installation. Because supply chain issues today, Lucid assembly line simply cannot wait for all parts get there and must go on with assembly line for major parts. So different batch area are lumped together for what is missing. It can be speakers, glove compartment, charging pad, latches, window shades, etc. etc.
Again, this is just my personal assumption.

It's probably because of this. The number one complaint from people in these forums is software so they're probably becoming sick of us complaining and if a big update is imminent they may be holding off to offer a better first impression.

The recent media reviews suggested a new update was imminent.
Yeah all our music lovers 😜

This is my pure assumption. The wrapped cars are the ones that are ready to go. The unwrapped cars got bundled into different sections for 1-Pre Delivery Inspection or 2-Post Assembly Line Installation. Because supply chain issues today, Lucid assembly line simply cannot wait for all parts get there and must go on with assembly line for major parts. So different batch area are lumped together for what is missing. It can be speakers, glove compartment, charging pad, latches, window shades, etc. etc.
Again, this is just my personal assumption.
Your assumption sounds completely logical to me otherwise until now there is definitely more demand than supply so no reason to not have them wrapped and ready to ship IF they did not have one of the issues you mentioned.

We know they are smart enough to not just produce a Car that no one wants when they know what has been ordered and has been assigned a VIN#. They issue VIN and THEN the Car goes on the Production schedule.

Nice to have you back, Sam. We missed you.
I know that is why I came back 😂. Trust me I bought the Stock first and the Car second. I was very invested in Lucid but disappointed in their execution and hence have sold 2/3rds of my Stock and moved a lot of it to RIVN. They guessed right that Trucks and SUV’s are most popular and it did not hurt that they also make Vans and have a ready buyer in a major stockholder and giant suck as Amazon. The PIF is pfft in my personal opinion. They also have 3 times the Cash as Lucid. They are not without issues either but their model seems better for now.
The Gravity is but a dream for now given their current issues.

I am ready to admit I may have a Lemon on my hands but can’t use it to make Lemonade 😂. But it is functional for now AND Definitely a JOY to Drive HOWEVER I am selfish and want/need the perfect package.

I appreciate all that you guys share and don’t mind you having fun at my expense 😂

Another assumption I have is each aisle of wrapped cars are for different service centers to deliver to and are in chronological order for their cardinal placement. Some truck drivers are behind schedule to cater certain regional routes, therefore certain service center aisle is longer than the other aisle.

I know that is why I came back 😂. Trust me I bought the Stock first and the Car second. I was very invested in Lucid but disappointed in their execution and hence have sold 2/3rds of my Stock and moved a lot of it to RIVN. They guessed right that Trucks and SUV’s are most popular and it did not hurt that they also make Vans and have a ready buyer in a major stockholder and giant suck as Amazon. The PIF is pfft in my personal opinion. They also have 3 times the Cash as Lucid. They are not without issues either but their model seems better for now.
The Gravity is but a dream for now given their current issues.

I am ready to admit I may have a Lemon on my hands but can’t use it to make Lemonade 😂. But it is functional for now AND Definitely a JOY to Drive HOWEVER I am selfish and want/need the perfect package.

I appreciate all that you guys share and don’t mind you having fun at my expense 😂
So Sam is an immediate gratification opportunistic trader. 😂 Breed of that type don’t hold any stock too long just like the car, they get emotionally disturbed and just release their holdings. It’s like poker hand get thrown in the muck shaked down by big stack before river card is shown. I don’t blame him, Lucid stock was riding on a lot of Koolaid of EV revolution protagonists’ dream until Putin’s war, hyper inflation and interest rate hikes curbed their demand.

I am betting it’s something else but they can’t say just like they did not say it in June.

I doubt anyone is complaining about Software. They hardly have any to complain about.

For me it’s all about Fit/Finish/Hardware/design.
Who puts the USB Where you cannot reach it. Who makes a wireless charging area where your phone does not fit. Who makes Cup Holders where their own Lucid Water Bottles hardly Fit.
Who makes AC Vents so Tiny Air hardly comes out of it. Who makes body panels that barely fit together or Doors and Windows in many cases.
Who makes trim that is falling out in multiple places. Surely not on a 140-180K Automobile.

But what do I know I am just a nit picky complainer who bought an expensive car without trying it out 🙏🤪.
It's because they hired 1960s designers before cup holders, usb, cell phones, ac, people putting water bottles in the door sides, garage door remotes, center console for arm rest, remote door locks, etc. were common or invented. For computerized system bootup they hired steam engine designers used to spend minutes to first make the fire before driving. For battery management, pre-1920 text books were used with the difference vampire drain wasn't invented yet. They're just learning calling it all hitech because it's all news :).

It's because they hired 1960s designers before cup holders, usb, cell phones, ac, people putting water bottles in the door sides, garage door remotes, center console for arm rest, remote door locks, etc. were common or invented. For computerized system bootup they hired steam engine designers used to spend minutes to first make the fire before driving. For battery management, pre-1920 text books were used with the difference vampire drain wasn't invented yet. They're just learning calling it all hitech because it's all news :).
This post made my day. 🤣

Back