Deep scratch on glass canopy

karamhanna

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Looks like my glass canopy got a deep scratch. Not even sure how did that happen. Is there a way to fix it or it should be replaced
IMG_2833.jpeg

A mobile glass repair guy can fill the scratch. If it turns into a crack, you'll want to replace the glass.

In case the damage spreads into a crack with more road debris/conditions, which would be catastrophical for the glass.
If by “catastrophic” you mean the crack could become so big it’s not repairable by filler, then yes. But if you mean catastrophic in the sense that it would be unstable and unsafe to drive, that’s not going to happen in this car. The windshield/glass canopy has three layers, one of which isn’t glass and won’t break.

In case the damage spreads into a crack with more road debris/conditions, which would be catastrophical for the glass.
Also, it's a superficial scratch, there's no cracking in the glass either. Only thing catastrophic is you driving into something because you are too concerned about the superficial scratch in the glass.

If by “catastrophic” you mean the crack could become so big it’s not repairable by filler, then yes. But if you mean catastrophic in the sense that it would be unstable and unsafe to drive, that’s not going to happen in this car. The windshield/glass canopy has three layers, one of which isn’t glass and won’t break.
But you know, I kind of like ‘catastrophical’. It sounds even scarier than catastrophic! 🤣

I meant the first, sorry!

Also, it's a superficial scratch, there's no cracking in the glass either. Only thing catastrophic is you driving into something because you are too concerned about the superficial scratch in the glass.
Especially considering he JUST got the car!
But you know, I kind of like ‘catastrophical’. It sounds even scarier than catastrophic! 🤣
My phone tried autocorrecting it to catastrophic, so I’m pretty sure I just made a new word 🤣

KInd of like the word “normalcy”. No such word until someone made it up - grammar historians credit President McKinley, for having coined the word in a speech.

Go to a Safelite and ask them to fill it. If it expands or turns into a crack then get it replaced. After it is filled, it may be very difficult to notice.

KInd of like the word “normalcy”. No such word until someone made it up - grammar historians credit President McKinley, for having coined the word in a speech.
Yup. I still can’t wrap my head around the popular phrase, ‘it’s so fun’. I’m sorry, that’s just wrong and I’ll never accept it as proper English.

Back