DE Taken In for Failure to Charge

#499/?

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Dream Edition
DE Number
My DE was taken away from me today due to a failure to take a charge. The tech was great but was unable to determine the problem. Multiple charging stations were used, and different error messages appeared each time. It appears to be a combination of both hardware and software problems. When the tech arrived I was over 53% charged. Just by trial & error and searching for charging stations, I was down to 12% when it was picked up.

I was told it would be OVER TWO WEEKS before I got my 2 week old new car back...

The scariest part is that the towtruck driver who picked it up, when asked if he had seen any other Lucid's with this problem, said "oh yeah, I've picked up 5 other ones with this exact problem in the last week!"

How is this not being discussed???

My DE was taken away from me today due to a failure to take a charge. The tech was great but was unable to determine the problem. Multiple charging stations were used, and different error messages appeared each time. It appears to be a combination of both hardware and software problems. When the tech arrived I was over 53% charged. Just by trial & error and searching for charging stations, I was down to 12% when it was picked up.

I was told it would be OVER TWO WEEKS before I got my 2 week old new car back...

The scariest part is that the towtruck driver who picked it up, when asked if he had seen any other Lucid's with this problem, said "oh yeah, I've picked up 5 other ones with this exact problem in the last week!"

I have never heard of this problem, nor had it. Not sure that the Tow Truck driver’s understanding was accurate.

Sucks though - hope they get it fixed quickly.

Yeah first I’m hearing of this issue. I don’t think anyone else on here has either? Weird that the same driver in the same location has seen 5 Lucids in the last week unable to charge anywhere.

What location is that?
Unable to charge in Mars colony?
5 other failed charging, damn! Where is press release and pictures?

I think one would be hard pressed to find a location with five Lucids let alone 5 with this problem. I thin your tow truck driver has been smoking weed.

If this was endemic, I am sure we would be seeing posts about it.

Any update from service on their investigations/solutions? This is a big problem but I hope you’re the only unlucky one!

Five in one location by the same tow truck driver, really? Seems statistically unlikely given the limited poulation of vehichles on the road.

My dream Edition has just done this and refuses to take a charge from any charger types including the home charger. Is the error shown in the attached image what you were seeing and did you find a solution?

Attachments

• IMG-20220530-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220530-WA0000.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 155
My dream Edition has just done this and refuses to take a charge from any charger types including the home charger. Is the error shown in the attached image what you were seeing and did you find a solution?
Yes, mine did the same, and it is doing the same right now... again.

Yes, mine did the same, and it is doing the same right now... again.
So they towed it back, fixed it, and now it's happening again? Did they ever tell you what the initial issue was?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the driver had picked up 5 Lucids. But I doubt they all had a charging problem!

My car just went in to the service center yesterday for an initial trim problem, a seemingly high speed wheel imbalance and of course the recall ( which I was never contacted about but only found out from this forum) when I called Lucid they were like “oh yeah, yours falls under the recall” You have my email and phone, WTF?Point of disconcertment number one. Second point was they were were supposed to pick up Monday 9am but the flat bed never came. I Called at noon, left a message no return call. I Called again at 5 and got the shop manager who said “ you are the black one with the (different) problem? Sorry we had three lucids in today and we got overwhelmed “. They had so many Lucids coming into the shop from such a small population that they completely forgot about mine? It gives me a little pause for sure.

My car just went in to the service center yesterday for an initial trim problem, a seemingly high speed wheel imbalance and of course the recall ( which I was never contacted about but only found out from this forum) when I called Lucid they were like “oh yeah, yours falls under the recall” You have my email and phone, WTF?Point of disconcertment number one. Second point was they were were supposed to pick up Monday 9am but the flat bed never came. I Called at noon, left a message no return call. I Called again at 5 and got the shop manager who said “ you are the black one with the (different) problem? Sorry we had three lucids in today and we got overwhelmed “. They had so many Lucids coming into the shop from such a small population that they completely forgot about mine? It gives me a little pause for sure.
Sounds like the towing company screwed up. Do you have a service manager assigned? All cars fall under the recall for inspection, had you not received an email or mail notice about it? I actually had received an email and two calls, one from Lucid headquarters to set up the recall inspection appointment and another from North East service manager Markus making sure I’d scheduled it and if there were any other issues. And for both my service visits in the past (one was for a wheel imbalance like you) both Lucid and the tow company called me to confirm the times and the tow company called me when they were on their way. Sounds like you have a bad towing company.

Sounds like the towing company screwed up. Do you have a service manager assigned? All cars fall under the recall for inspection, had you not received an email or mail notice about it? I actually had received an email and two calls, one from Lucid headquarters to set up the recall inspection appointment and another from North East service manager Markus making sure I’d scheduled it and if there were any other issues. And for both my service visits in the past (one was for a wheel imbalance like you) both Lucid and the tow company called me to confirm the times and the tow company called me when they were on their way. Sounds like you have a bad towing company.
I respectfully disagree. A towing company gets a job order or the equivalent like every service provider. The fact that even after setting up my recall with the shop manager he had no idea who I was the next day ( are you the black car?) indicated he forgot about me and never called the tow company for my car. He was just overwhelmed with Lucids. The separate issue of never getting a freaking email or call for my recall concerns me more. I suspect after I told lucid to get rid of my DA there is a gap in the chain of command BUT lucid still has my contact info and has sent me emails. I don’t think I went into that horror story because everyone deserves one screw up but basically my DA who was overwhelmed gave the details of my delivery to his idiot assistant. The guy gave me the address to overnight my $70000 check to a Buisness a few doors down from them and it if course it was lost for a few days. We were at the point of canceling the check and reissuing which would have added a minimum of 10 days to the delivery when the check magically appears. During this time my DA went dark and I wound up dealing with the head of the department ( excellent guy).
So the point of my rant is that I’m willing to put up with Lucids growing pains like I did with Tesla but if Lucid wants to grow as a viable company they need to iron out these kinks. I think they are trying but it seems to be a torturous process. I am the most laid back guy you could meet but even I reach a point sometimes where you have to chew someone’s ass

I respectfully disagree. A towing company gets a job order or the equivalent like every service provider. The fact that even after setting up my recall with the shop manager he had no idea who I was the next day ( are you the black car?) indicated he forgot about me and never called the tow company for my car. He was just overwhelmed with Lucids. The separate issue of never getting a freaking email or call for my recall concerns me more. I suspect after I told lucid to get rid of my DA there is a gap in the chain of command BUT lucid still has my contact info and has sent me emails. I don’t think I went into that horror story because everyone deserves one screw up but basically my DA who was overwhelmed gave the details of my delivery to his idiot assistant. The guy gave me the address to overnight my $70000 check to a Buisness a few doors down from them and it if course it was lost for a few days. We were at the point of canceling the check and reissuing which would have added a minimum of 10 days to the delivery when the check magically appears. During this time my DA went dark and I wound up dealing with the head of the department ( excellent guy).
So the point of my rant is that I’m willing to put up with Lucids growing pains like I did with Tesla but if Lucid wants to grow as a viable company they need to iron out these kinks. I think they are trying but it seems to be a torturous process. I am the most laid back guy you could meet but even I reach a point sometimes where you have to chew someone’s ass
Yeah that’s a different situation then, I would have gotten fed up also.

I actually saw this screen once when charging my Air GT at Electrify America. I switched to a different charger at this same location and it worked. Someone came by in a Polestar and tried the same jack and also could not charge with it. So I think it was an Electrify America problem.

I have never had a problem with my home 60 amp level 2 charger.

Back