• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DDP and SSP trial on Air pure

USA2DAY

So i was told that if you don’t order your car with the DDP there is no software update later on and will not be able to upgrade like Tesla from standard to enhanced autopilot.
However many of you have received a trial version. Does that mean that the trials were just for Touring and they all come with the hardware like additional cameras and lidar and they will be no trial offered to Air Pures

Or maybe only select initial cars will be still fitted with the hardware just so people can test it?

So i was told that if you don’t order your car with the DDP there is no software update later on and will not be able to upgrade like Tesla from standard to enhanced autopilot.
However many of you have received a trial version. Does that mean that the trials were just for Touring and they all come with the hardware like additional cameras and lidar and they will be no trial offered to Air Pures

Or maybe only select initial cars will be still fitted with the hardware just so people can test it?
We don’t know. We know the original plan was to not include the hardware unless pre-ordered, but a decision was made late in production to include the hardware in all the cars and instead provide 3 month trials. That was possibly done to minimize assembly line costs (since changing hardware out between vehicles is time and money) but we don’t know for sure. We also don’t know if this will be the case forever, or if this will be the case for future Pures, etc.

Basically, a decision was changed late in the game, and we don’t know why yet or for how long it will last. :)

We don’t know. We know the original plan was to not include the hardware unless pre-ordered, but a decision was made late in production to include the hardware in all the cars and instead provide 3 month trials. That was possibly done to minimize assembly line costs (since changing hardware out between vehicles is time and money) but we don’t know for sure. We also don’t know if this will be the case forever, or if this will be the case for future Pures, etc.

Basically, a decision was changed late in the game, and we don’t know why yet or for how long it will last. :)
Thank you, this does explains a bit. I just wasn’t sure if they are already any pures delivered who didn’t order the ddp but got the trial.

Thank you, this does explains a bit. I just wasn’t sure if they are already any pures delivered who didn’t order the ddp but got the trial.
To our knowledge, no. The few Pures that have been delivered were fully loaded.

Back