Cybertruck Sales Numbers Deduced

Two are on my street. One is wrapped matte black and looks less hideous. Unfortunately they both park in their driveways, in plain sight.

They just had a recall for wiper motor, Musk must have cheapened out and used a one regular motor for that huge wiper blade. Now, the motor if failing. Shows you how cheaply Tesla’s are made. It’s all about cutting costs, even if the vehicle falls apart.

I had one reserved two years ago when I was surely 1M+ in line. But, with just 10k of them delivered, I received email that I can configure the foundation series. Looks like we will see discount on this, or lower trims will start showing up.

….. my air GT has had more issues/ quirks than any previous or current Tesla we’ve owned.
I have enjoyed my overall ownership in both brands Just keeping it informative. 👍

….. my air GT has had more issues/ quirks than any previous or current Tesla we’ve owned.
I have enjoyed my overall ownership in both brands Just keeping it informative. 👍
Agree.....Lucid doesn't get a free pass on build quality or quirks either.

Reactions: DBV

We took delivery of a Model S Plaid in October 2021 and of a Lucid Air Dream in December 2021. The Dream was production no. 154.

The Tesla (an update of a model that had been in production for nine years) issues were:

- steering yoke creaked and was repaired
- several thousand miles later cover began peeling off yoke, requiring yoke replacement
- mobile tech was unable to remove peeling yoke due to over-torquing, and car had to go to service shop for steering column to be removed
- driver side outside mirror vibrated and had to be replaced due to a missing internal piece
- yoke airbag was defective and had to be replaced . . . twice
- front passenger door would not seat without a hard slam
- right rear window trim came loose
- rubber grommets fell off trunk lid studs
- air suspension compressor failed and required replacement
- interior trim pieces were misaligned (just learned to live with this)
- factory paint protection film on leading edge of rear wheel wells and behind door handles was noticeably yellower than the white car (living with this, too).

The Air had an awful -- and I do mean awful -- 10-month run of software issues until UX 2.0 came out. But the component and build quality of the Air was far superior to the Tesla.

Now at well over 20,000 miles the Air remains quiet and rock solid. By 10,000 miles the Tesla had developed squeaks and groans in the rear quarters.

I did have to have the HV battery pack and rear drive unit of the Air replaced. But I also had to have the same thing done with our 2015 Model S P90D (which was built three years into Model S production history). Interestingly, the fit and finish of our 2015 Model S was considerably better than our 2021 Model S, which is why we were willing to buy a second Tesla. The Plaid will be our last.

We took delivery of a Model S Plaid in October 2021 and of a Lucid Air Dream in December 2021. The Dream was production no. 154.

The Tesla (an update of a model that had been in production for nine years) issues were:

- steering yoke creaked and was repaired
- several thousand miles later cover began peeling off yoke, requiring yoke replacement
- mobile tech was unable to remove peeling yoke due to over-torquing, and car had to go to service shop for steering column to be removed
- driver side outside mirror vibrated and had to be replaced due to a missing internal piece
- yoke airbag was defective and had to be replaced . . . twice
- front passenger door would not seat without a hard slam
- right rear window trim came loose
- rubber grommets fell off trunk lid studs
- air suspension compressor failed and required replacement
- interior trim pieces were misaligned (just learned to live with this)
- factory paint protection film on leading edge of rear wheel wells and behind door handles was noticeably yellower than the white car (living with this, too).

The Air had an awful -- and I do mean awful -- 10-month run of software issues until UX 2.0 came out. But the component and build quality of the Air was far superior to the Tesla.

Now at well over 20,000 miles the Air remains quiet and rock solid. By 10,000 miles the Tesla had developed squeaks and groans in the rear quarters.

I did have to have the HV battery pack and rear drive unit of the Air replaced. But I also had to have the same thing done with our 2015 Model S P90D (which was built three years into Model S production history). Interestingly, the fit and finish of our 2015 Model S was considerably better than our 2021 Model S, which is why we were willing to buy a second Tesla. The Plaid will be our last.
Just giving another owners opinion who also had a Plaid and daughter new M3. I won’t list the issues/quirks I’ve had with my air as they’ve been discussed in the forms numerous times.
As stated overall, I’m happy with both brands compared with ownership of other previous daily driven cars. There is no doubt that the lucid is a better built car.

Just giving another owners opinion who also had a Plaid and daughter new M3. I won’t list the issues/quirks I’ve had with my air as they’ve been discussed in the forms numerous times.
As stated overall, I’m happy with both brands overall compared with other previous DD cars.

I notice you do not list the model and vintage of your Air, nor are you shown as a verified owner. Would you consider asking a forum administrator to certify your ownership?

I notice you do not list the model and vintage of your Air, nor are you shown as a verified owner. Would you consider asking a forum administrator to certify your ownership
2022 GT owned for approx 8 months. How do you certify for badge? Also, I’ve had my car at some of the local events pictured .
Thx

Last edited:
Two are on my street. One is wrapped matte black and looks less hideous. Unfortunately they both park in their driveways, in plain sight.
I have now seen several...which is several times too many. I used to make fun of the design of the BMW XM but the XM looks svelte and attractive compared to this monstrosity. I have seen one parked, one next to me at a traffic light, one coming at me and one behind me. It turned out the angle didn't matter. If I weren't wearing high quality sunglasses, I would have turned to stone.

Back