The Changing EV Climate in the U.S.

Didn’t want to divert this too much into battery specific topic, but this is the best video I have seen why this doesn’t seem like Elonish hype. The REALLY COOL tidbit that is in this video is the voltage can be variable to enable drop in capability with existing ev architecture and cost is instantly on parity with current batteries - hope lucid is talking with them!
 
Last edited:
Didn’t want to divert this too much into battery specific topic, but this is the best video I have seen why this doesn’t seem like Elonish hype. The REALLY COOL tidbit that is in this video is the voltage can be variable to enable drop in capability with existing ev architecture and cost is instantly on parity with current batteries - hope lucid is talking with them!
I've seen several commentaries/videos on the Donut battery from CES and I have to say I'm VERY skeptical. While I'd love for this battery and it's claimed specs to be legit, as the saying goes: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I find it hard to believe that the largest multi-billion dollar battery companies (CATL, LG Chem, Panasonic, QuantumScape, Tesla, etc) that have spent billions over decades to develop solid state batteries are suddenly usurped by a sub 60 person company that has solved every solid state technical issue and created a "perfect" battery that they can produce at scale for less money and using no rare minerals. 🤔

And this is ignoring the fact that the head guy is a former rapper and claims to have created "artificial superinteligence"--which seems to be vaporware since announced.
 
grain-of-salt.webp
 
Back
Top