Musk: "We dug our own grave with Cybertruck."

I have 2 in reserved for being silly. But I probably just going to get 1, it might be 2027 before realistically get to me. My guess is 60% current order queue will not go thru the order. $100 was really a serious order commitment. A lot of orders are from dealership for early flipping.

Not as ugly as the Cybertruck. I have never seen anything as hideous on 4 wheels.

That’s what people said about Delorean back then.

I know I'm the odd one out, but I would actually enjoy seeing one around. It really does look like a doodle I did as a kid where the doors flip down to reveal some missle launchers. It would look right at home in an episode of gijoe with some camo.

The retrofuturism/cyberpunk aesthetic has stuck with me.

Living with it though might be different because of practicality in size, visibility, etc.

I know I'm the odd one out, but I would actually enjoy seeing one around. It really does look like a doodle I did as a kid where the doors flip down to reveal some missle launchers. It would look right at home in an episode of gijoe with some camo.

The retrofuturism/cyberpunk aesthetic has stuck with me.

Living with it though might be different because of practicality in size, visibility, etc.
I actually saw one on a tow truck in the Bay Area.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Remember, the competition isn't between EV makers when it comes to trucks. Its all EV trucks vs. ICE trucks. If Tesla is out to just steal customers from Rivian or Ford Lightning buyers, they will get nowhere. They need much higher volume than that to be successful at this point.

Cybertruck has to get traditional ICE truck owners to want to buy one. I don't see that happening in droves. Or, to put it another way, if the much more familiar-looking Lightning didn't coax a lot of these folks to buy, Cybertruck is not going to do much better. It's just to "weird" to win these much more conservative buyers over. (And I mean conservative in terms of risk aversion, not political persuasion. Although that largely applies as well.)

Ford has 100 times the "brand recognition" of Tesla in the truck world.

Who has a better reputation as an EV company is irrelevant.
IMHO, the only converts the Cybertruck will get are those that have or were already considering a Tesla. They will not steal share from Ford or Chevy ... those guys would not get caught dead in the abomination that is the Cybertruck.

I like the design in a very weird way.
It's so ugly that you have to like it, no other way.
Same as a Sphynx cat.

I like the design in a very weird way.
It's so ugly that you have to like it, no other way.
Same as a Sphynx cat.
I also like the design. But to me, it actually looks good, not ugly. The issue with thi type of car is that panel gaps have to be perfect or it looks like shit. White lucids are the same around the trunk..

Not as ugly as the Cybertruck. I have never seen anything as hideous on 4 wheels.
That’s what I thought for the longest time and then a few months ago I discovered this weird sensation of actually liking it. That lead to me wanting one, and I have zero use for a pickup! I can’t explain any of it, but now I feel better for getting that off my chest. 😂

… are you still thinking about ordering?
Day 1 reserve?
The list is still almost 2 million reservations although I think half will drop off …. Production it will keep busy next 3-4 years

75% will drop off. Tesla wont be able to sell it for 40k as promised. Also, thing is ugly, doesn't work as a proper truck, stainless is silly to use, will blind every other driver on the road.

75% will drop off. Tesla wont be able to sell it for 40k as promised. Also, thing is ugly, doesn't work as a proper truck, stainless is silly to use, will blind every other driver on the road.
Any dent/scratch will be a nightmare. Replacement panels will look "off."

In theory:
75% drop off still 500 000 orders plus any additional new orders that happen… like I posted will keep them busy for the next three or four years ……ugly or not.
I didn’t like the look when it came out but over the last three or four years has grown on me will be interesting to see how the masses react.

In theory:
75% drop off still 500 000 orders plus any additional new orders that happen… like I posted will keep them busy for the next three or four years ……ugly or not.
I didn’t like the look when it came out but over the last three or four years has grown on me will be interesting to see how the masses react.
I dont see them producing on scale. Also, manufacturing is comples, and knowing Tesla quality, I expect to see a lot of panel issues. Once the initial craze dies, it will just be a niche. Musk himself said Tesla dug its own grave. More like he dug it himself. Forget the bullet proof windows- not happening. Looks like a vehicle that still needs to be painted! Ugh!

My question is whether the slowdown/delay in Cybertruck production, sales, and delivery will slow down the upgrade and/or installation of V4 Superchargers?

I dont see them producing on scale. Also, manufacturing is comples, and knowing Tesla quality, I expect to see a lot of panel issues. Once the initial craze dies, it will just be a niche. Musk himself said Tesla dug its own grave. More like he dug it himself. Forget the bullet proof windows- not happening. Looks like a vehicle that still needs to be painted! Ugh!

Tesla has improved its quality better this year. Actually the best quality Tesla are coming from Shanghai Gigafactory. They use more human resource than robotic in Berlin.

I think Elon realized how hard it is to hide panel gap in polygon shape car. He knows this may be costly keep coming back to Service Center.

You cannot pain stainless steel, can wrap it.

I think it is unique. I haven’t seen one in person yet.

Tesla has improved its quality better this year. Actually the best quality Tesla are coming from Shanghai Gigafactory. They use more human resource than robotic in Berlin.

I think Elon realized how hard it is to hide panel gap in polygon shape car. He knows this may be costly keep coming back to Service Center.

You cannot pain stainless steel, can wrap it.

I think it is unique. I haven’t seen one in person yet.
Agree, Tesla quality has improved. But with the cybertruck and straight lines, any acceptable panel allignment that we see in a regular car will be glaringly obvious in the cybertruck. Assembly is a chore.

Think about it, well established Elon Musk having so much trouble with launching the Cybertruck.
Imagine what troubles Peter Rawlinson had to go through to launch brand new Air?
Hats off to Peter Rawlinson and his entire team.

Back