Off-Topic CyberTruck Innovations - Hagerty high quality review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you met @blueice89? He took the Air off-roading, and I would bet a whole mag clip, that he would happily unload some 9s into his cybertruck lmao

(Ribbing in good fun, don’t @ me)
Not only will people shoot their Cybertrucks. There will be entire YouTube and TikTok channels devoted to shooting Cybertrucks.

Oh, and at least a half dozen people a year will be featured on the Darwin Awards dying while shooting their CyberTruck.

So on this 800v architecture thing:
Drew Baglino also Tesla employee says it doesn’t have an internal booster for lower voltages. The Lucid has the wunderbox and onboard 50kw charger. Drew here just says the pack is designed to split to 2 when it’s charging at supercharger. That’s an interesting design. It’s using both 400v chargers and 800v charger to full capability.

Not only will people shoot their Cybertrucks. There will be entire YouTube and TikTok channels devoted to shooting Cybertrucks.

Oh, and at least a half dozen people a year will be featured on the Darwin Awards dying while shooting their CyberTruck.
Yep. Gotta chase those clicks and likes, even to the grave!

Only a matter of time before this happens! 😶

So on this 800v architecture thing:
Drew Baglino also Tesla employee says it doesn’t have an internal booster for lower voltages. The Lucid has the wunderbox and onboard 50kw charger. Drew here just says the pack is designed to split to 2 when it’s charging at supercharger. That’s an interesting design. It’s using both 400v chargers and 800v charger to full capability.

This is what GM does on their Hummer EV. Old news!

This is what GM does on their Hummer EV. Old news!
It’s pretty good idea I like this better than the 50kw onboard charger. Like if lucid had done this we could be using Tesla v2-v3 chargers to 250kW right ?

It’s pretty good idea I like this better than the 50kw onboard charger. Like if lucid had done this we could be using Tesla v2-v3 chargers to 250kW right ?
Hindsight.

You're seriously about this close to being put back on mute with your incessant Telsa fanboism! Ugh!!!

You're seriously about this close to being put back on mute with your incessant Telsa fanboism! Ugh!!!
I don’t hate Tesla I actually like them I have always have. I like both Tesla and Lucid that’s me.
I am not Tesla2Lucid I am Tesla&Lucid
IMG_2282.jpeg

Splitting the pack in half requires a lot of additional wiring which equals weight which equals less efficiency. The Lucid pack is 18 or 22 modules creating a loop starting on one side of the car and finishing back at nearly the some point on the other side. This places the high and low voltage battery ends very near each other to reduce wiring. splitting the pack requires a high current wire (500A) to the center of the pack. The future is 1000V, I want a car that is optimized for the future, not a compromise. Tesla has to compromise for compatibility with their legacy cars. GM essentially has two packs so the added wiring is not great. Your suggestion is not as easy to implement as you suggest.

In theory there a lot of People on the reservation list. I think it’s a competitor to Rivian so likely someone that likes bigger vehicles that can go off-road. With the extra plugs some companies may use it as work truck. I was also thinking since it’s bulllet proof it would be good for army or maybe police. I could see a lot of applications for this tech
"work truck" 240 something miles of range without tow. No actual blue collared worker would consider this truck because they'd have to charge like every 2 hours if they're towing something

I just don't understand the appeal. It looks terrible, and I thought the whole reason for the ugly looks was the new manufacturing process was going to significantly reduce costs.

It's now just an expensive trophy truck. If I wanted a flashy truck for $100k+, I'd probably buy the Hummer EV. It at least has some cool features like removable roof panels, much bigger frunk, and a really nice interior.

Tesla has implemented some new technology like 48V architecture, steer by wire, etc, but it is more iterative than revolutionary. Not a lot of consumer benefits, just potentially lower manufacturing costs. The UI looks really top notch (of course coming from Tesla), but the rest of the specs just seem like for show. Not really practical as a truck. Very few if any will be used as actual work trucks or off-roading/overlanding vehicles. They will be driven around the city for attention, until their owners get bored and move onto the next toy.

What if you actually need an armored type car say cartel, military, or police setting then this might have an application although cartels might abuse it. It looks like a tank to me like perhaps this could replace army hummers on the battle field. Once they have Optimus they can also replace the soldiers that drive it.

What if you actually need an armored type car say cartel, military, or police setting then this might have an application although cartels might abuse it. It looks like a tank to me like perhaps this could replace army hummers on the battle field. Once they have Optimus they can also replace the soldiers that drive it.
Any military active duty or veterans wanna chime in here? 😂😂😂

I just don't understand the appeal. It looks terrible, and I thought the whole reason for the ugly looks was the new manufacturing process was going to significantly reduce costs.

not really practical as a truck. Very few if any will be used as actual work trucks or off-roading/overlanding vehicles.
Mars rover

9mm defense only. If cartel uses AR-15 or AK47, the armor is no defense.

The fact that you even thought that Tesla would be the first to invent a vehicle that is bulletproof is unbelievably ridiculous. I can't even wrap my head around the thought that no one has thought about making a vehicle bulletproof and Tesla would be the first and that you somehow believe what you said. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back