Curb rash - 4th day of ownership on 20 inch wheels

FA14

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Hi All - any suggestions for a quick fix on a minor curb rash workaround on the polished silver part of the alloy 20 inch aero lite wheels . Hate the dream drive basic features- lack of 360 degree over view in my 4 day old Air Pure AWD.

Looked at some Silver markers online but doesn’t look promising. HELP

I've followed this guy's advice on a bunch of stuff. The only problem would be finding the right color and finish for the Rims.

If it's just one wheel, I'd wait until I'd rashed another, then call a highly rated mobile wheel repair person from Yelp. They sand, fill & spray the wheel with great results.

If it's just one wheel, I'd wait until I'd rashed another, then call a highly rated mobile wheel repair person from Yelp. They sand, fill & spray the wheel with great results.
That makes sense! Thanks

Haha, man I feel your pain. I did it on the second day and just one wheel. Waiting till I rash some more before fixing it. Lack of 360 does make it difficult.

Really sorry to hear it. We use the cameras heavily in our Hyundai Palisade, so when we found out the 360 cam was only in the tier 2 and 3 DD options, we ruled out tier 1 right away. Their are many ways to distinguish the offerings, however I wish for everyone's sake they included the 360 cam in the lowest tier.

I know this isn't answering your question, but I can tell you that I too scraped a 20 inch wheel on a curb early in my ownership. I'm very particular and was beside myself for a day or two. But surprisingly I've forgotten about it. Outside of when I put air in my tires, I never notice it. And even then it doesn't bother me. My lesson learned from that experience was to always put on the 360 degree view when pulling out of a space next to a curb.

Back