There is of course still that fact that many on here were charging just fine before that May update with no other changed conditions (including adaptors) and nevertheless started experiencing the charging throttling.
Agree, me included. I had zero issues charging with the Lectron 80A from March to about May. Looking at the OTAs, it would make sense that release 2.8.0 would have “broken” charging since that introduced the AC power limiting feature. It was right around that time that I started getting issues. Changing from 48A to 40A helped for a while, then we got into deep AZ summer and I couldn’t charge more than :30 without a “charging stopped”.
My guess is there is a still a software issue. I also have a 100% repeatable charge door issue - press to open - it opens then closes. Have to press again to get the charge ready light and door stays open.
I think in my case, the Lectron adapter was either failing and/or the combination of it and the car did not agree. I’d like to methodically start ruling things out, so I opted for switching out adapters. The fact it works now may mean nothing after a dozen or so charge sessions.
That said, completed my second charge session with the TeslaTap today, and again, no issues. I’m wondering if the “loose” fit of the Lectron relative to the TeslaTap unit contributed to my “charge equipment error-unplug and plug in again” messages I would receive often. The handle, adapter, nor cable ever really got hot to the touch, even when my garage was 110+ degrees.
Another catch I noticed on the Lectron unit was the text, “Not for charge interrupting”. Have no idea what that means and couldn’t find anything on their website about it. The 80A adapter manual is still erroneously pointing to the 60A model.
I’ll report more after additional sessions or if I learn something new. I would love to hear from any TeslaTap / Gen 3 wall charger users here who are having the issues of charge interrupting or power reductions. Not seeing either at this point and I’m on 2.8.7 as of this writing.