Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

Interesting developments. Still wondering what this means for non LCHCS users getting throttled.
 
Interesting developments. Still wondering what this means for non LCHCS users getting throttled.
Presume if you have a non Lucid EVSE you have an adapter. I swapped out my Lectron 80A for the Tesla Tap unit and I am now able to charge without dropouts or stopped charging sessions on a Tesla Gen 3 unit. I am still limiting to 40A but am getting consistent results and will try next sessions at full 48A as I was able to do before.
 
Presume if you have a non Lucid EVSE you have an adapter. I swapped out my Lectron 80A for the Tesla Tap unit and I am now able to charge without dropouts or stopped charging sessions on a Tesla Gen 3 unit. I am still limiting to 40A but am getting consistent results and will try next sessions at full 48A as I was able to do before.
Let us know how it goes. And to confirm, prior to the May update this year you were fine at full 48 amps on the Lectron?
 
2hrs 20mins (I let it run to 85% so it would take a little bit longer) without any drop in rate. I simply haven't been able to do that in the past, so the initial solution appears to be working.
Update, completed a 3hr charge today, zero issues, max rate the whole time.

Also confirmed the charging session starts noticeably faster with rev 3 of the charger compared to rev 2, typically within 10-15 secs of plugging in. This is with WIFI enabled and working on the LCHCS, too.
 
Let us know how it goes. And to confirm, prior to the May update this year you were fine at full 48 amps on the Lectron?
Yes all was good prior to update. And as an update, I charged at least two hours at 48A with no issues with the Tesla Tap.
 
I've been following this thread but could use a recap here.

I have a new LCHCS sitting in a box in my basement. I received it back in mid-September. I haven't installed it because I'm waiting for Lucid to launch its V2H capability, and I want to make sure this charger can handle that capability, and also because I don't want my notoriously expensive electrician to have to make two visits to the house in case V2H requires additional hardware (Its going to require at least some sort of transfer switch, right?). Now I see that there is a v3 of the charger that seems to have V2H baked into it. So I'm wondering:

1. How can I tell what version LCHCS I have without installing the unit? The part number on the unit ends in -03. Can anyone confirm that is version 3?

2. Have we determined yet whether the problem (charging rate dropping) is due to the charger or the car?

Thanks!
 
I've been following this thread but could use a recap here.

I have a new LCHCS sitting in a box in my basement. I received it back in mid-September. I haven't installed it because I'm waiting for Lucid to launch its V2H capability, and I want to make sure this charger can handle that capability, and also because I don't want my notoriously expensive electrician to have to make two visits to the house in case V2H requires additional hardware (Its going to require at least some sort of transfer switch, right?). Now I see that there is a v3 of the charger that seems to have V2H baked into it. So I'm wondering:

1. How can I tell what version LCHCS I have without installing the unit? The part number on the unit ends in -03. Can anyone confirm that is version 3?

2. Have we determined yet whether the problem (charging rate dropping) is due to the charger or the car?

Thanks!
I've been calling it, 'rev 3' but it's just the last digit change on the part number, which is a 3, so you're all set there.

In my specific case, lucid determined quickly that it was an issue with the lchcs, not the vehicle. I can't speak to other people's situations though.

Also, while the new UI doors have a V2H setting, I can't speak to its functionality, only that it's there.
 
So there was still a May software update that started this whole thing, it seems.
I recall it happening right around 2.8.0 as I remember being able to adjust the charge current from 48A to 40A. It was also the hottest time of the year for us in the desert and garage was a hot box as well, which I’m sure didn’t help.
 
With temps cooling it will be interesting to see if this continues. It still is for me.
 
Got the new LCHCS installed today. Will let you know what happens once I charge.

In the meantime, v3 of the LCHCS has new software and doesn’t work with wifi SSIDs with spaces in them. So now it’s connected to “StupidLucidLCHCS” because all the rest of my SSIDs have spaces. 🤦‍♂️
 
Got the new LCHCS installed today. Will let you know what happens once I charge.

In the meantime, v3 of the LCHCS has new software and doesn’t work with wifi SSIDs with spaces in them. So now it’s connected to “StupidLucidLCHCS” because all the rest of my SSIDs have spaces. 🤦‍♂️
I'm installing a LCHCS tomorrow. Luckily my Vacation home has a sing word SSID, but I'm planning to install 3 LCHCSs in my main home and it has a 2 word (with space) SSID. I suppose I can change the guest SSID to no spaces. Changing my main one would be a disaster. But now my OCPP server won't be accessible from both networks, unless I access one from ethernet and the other from WiFi. Oh, I forgot, I can plug in a UBC-C to ethernet adapter too.
 
I'm installing a LCHCS tomorrow. Luckily my Vacation home has a sing word SSID, but I'm planning to install 3 LCHCSs in my main home and it has a 2 word (with space) SSID. I suppose I can change the guest SSID to no spaces. Changing my main one would be a disaster. But now my OCPP server won't be accessible from both networks, unless I access one from ethernet and the other from WiFi. Oh, I forgot, I can plug in a UBC-C to ethernet adapter too.
What router do you use? Some, like Unifi, will let you add an arbitrary number of SSIDs, which was what I did. FWIW, customer care told me "At the moment, there is no additional user side features for wifi. In the future we expect to support things like over the air firmware updates with the LCHCS but if the charger itself is charging the vehicle you should be all set." which is a terrible answer, since there is no LTE (though they thought there was, because there are for commercial installations), so if there were a firmware update to fix the space issue, for example... I couldn't get it.

Bleh.
 
What router do you use? Some, like Unifi, will let you add an arbitrary number of SSIDs, which was what I did.
I use eero , which only lets you set up a main one and a ‘guest’ one
 
Got the new LCHCS installed today. Will let you know what happens once I charge.

In the meantime, v3 of the LCHCS has new software and doesn’t work with wifi SSIDs with spaces in them. So now it’s connected to “StupidLucidLCHCS” because all the rest of my SSIDs have spaces. 🤦‍♂️
I am currently waiting for guidance from customer support as I have the same issue. I have not heard back in a couple of days and plan to follow up. What logs or evidence do they require to approve a replacement? I just wanted to be prepared so that I can get this fixed soon. Currently I have a watch it charging and do unplug/plug 2-3 times during a charging cycle from from 20 to 80.
 
I am currently waiting for guidance from customer support as I have the same issue. I have not heard back in a couple of days and plan to follow up. What logs or evidence do they require to approve a replacement? I just wanted to be prepared so that I can get this fixed soon. Currently I have a watch it charging and do unplug/plug 2-3 times during a charging cycle from from 20 to 80.
A bunch of pictures of the inside and the outside and the voltage drops between components on the inside. I gave them everything except the voltages, because I did not feel like dying and I'm not an electrician.
 
I’m glad I ran cat6 along with the wiring for the subpanel!

My new LCHCS supposed to get installed in the next hour. I’ve let my car whittle down to 30% just so I can test it!
 
You guys see this? Just got the email. An indirect acknowledgment that something’s up maybe? I think I will buy and try it.

 
Last edited:
You guys see this? Just got the email. An indirect acknowledgment that something’s up maybe? I think I will buy and try it.

would be great if they could release one in the other direction, for when i add a car with NACS at home! I know there are plenty of third party ones available
 
I’m glad I ran cat6 along with the wiring for the subpanel!

My new LCHCS supposed to get installed in the next hour. I’ve let my car whittle down to 30% just so I can test it!
fingers crossed.. charging now!.

interestingly, i see that the mobile app reports charging at 18kW, but the LCHCS portal reports 19.17kW
 
Back
Top