Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

Yes it is
I believe that's why - a longstanding firmware bug in the LCHCS with 192.168.1.x networks. If your guest network is on a different subnet, like 192.168.2.x, your could power-cycle the LCHCS, re-connect to its setup SSID, and set its wifi to connect to your guest network instead. Then connect your phone or laptop to your guest network temporarily to see the LCHCS's web portal - assuming your guest network is configured to allow guest devices to communicate with each other.
 
I believe that's why - a longstanding firmware bug in the LCHCS with 192.168.1.x networks. If your guest network is on a different subnet, like 192.168.2.x, your could power-cycle the LCHCS, re-connect to its setup SSID, and set its wifi to connect to your guest network instead. Then connect your phone or laptop to your guest network temporarily to see the LCHCS's web portal - assuming your guest network is configured to allow guest devices to communicate with each other.
I had to reconfigure due to losing WiFi connectivity. As @DeaneG mentioned, reboot the charger, wait for logo LED to go solid and connect to the setup WiFi that will be named the serial number of your charger and the password is the same. Then connect to http://192.168.5.1 which is basically the web portal. Default password is the serial number as well. In there you can change the WiFi settings for a more permanent arrangement by connecting to guest network as mentioned - any network with an IP range other than 192.168.1.X.
 
I believe that's why - a longstanding firmware bug in the LCHCS with 192.168.1.x networks. If your guest network is on a different subnet, like 192.168.2.x, your could power-cycle the LCHCS, re-connect to its setup SSID, and set its wifi to connect to your guest network instead. Then connect your phone or laptop to your guest network temporarily to see the LCHCS's web portal - assuming your guest network is configured to allow guest devices to communicate with each other.
If you don't want to use a guest network, you can also set it up using a VLAN, so you still only have one wireless SSID, but the LCHCS's MAC address would be connected to the VLAN which is on a different subnet. It's quite simple if your router supports VLANs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just use a guest network :P
 
would be good to see the network and safety fw version numbers for those that do and don't have this problem..

i can start a google sheet if we see some more data points
 
Seattle, WA weather has been mild.
Tesla Gen 3 wall charger.
Slow down happens after 30 mins to 1 hours.
Cable and adapter have not been hot to touch.
Same. Mild weather in Seattle. Lucid home charger. Started off at 83m/hr, and about 80-90mins later, it dropped to 58m/hr charging rate. I noticed it during the last charging session, didnt give it much thought till I saw this thread!
 
I bet this is more widespread and maybe people don't want to speak up or aren't paying attention. I'm a 2 year owner of my Pure and probably noticed this slow down this past year. I understand when it happens during summer as cable gets pretty warm, but this was happening in the cooler weather. Once again no slow down on the model Y. It's possible that the Lectron adapter is slowly failing maybe..or possibly a software issue.
I've reported my issues to Lectron for my 80A adapter on the Tesla Gen 3 unit. I'm sending mine back and they are replacing it. Via email, they replied that "we believe that in the new stock, issues that have been encountered should be rectified". I guess that may be true if it's adapter only - or some weird combination of the adapter and one of our SW updates. I'll report once I receive the new version.
 
I'm kinda lost in this thread. Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking about having my LCHCS installed, but not if this is still an issue.
 
I'm kinda lost in this thread. Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking about having my LCHCS installed, but not if this is still an issue.
It appears that for some folks, with the Air specifically, the LCHCS seems to slow down. However, we have not fully deduced whether it is the car or the EVSE. I've emailed customer care to request mine swapped out, but it has a 4-year warranty, so this shouldn't affect your decision too much.

But unless you're interested in V2H or want the Lucid logo on your wall, there are other 80A chargers too. I don't know if they will work and not have the same problem, though.
 
It appears that for some folks, with the Air specifically, the LCHCS seems to slow down. However, we have not fully deduced whether it is the car or the EVSE. I've emailed customer care to request mine swapped out, but it has a 4-year warranty, so this shouldn't affect your decision too much.

But unless you're interested in V2H or want the Lucid logo on your wall, there are other 80A chargers too. I don't know if they will work and not have the same problem, though.
I live in hurricane country, so I do want V2H. I would need to run some fat wires from my panel to the charger, so there is going to be some expense involved. Because of this, I don't want to go ahead and have an electrician put in the required wiring only to find that V2H requires some additional/new hardware to make it work.
 
...I don't want to go ahead and have an electrician put in the required wiring only to find that V2H requires some additional/new hardware to make it work.
There will definitely be some additional hardware and installation beyond the LCHCS for V2H. A mains transfer switch and a neutral-forming autotransformer, at least.
 
I've reported my issues to Lectron for my 80A adapter on the Tesla Gen 3 unit. I'm sending mine back and they are replacing it. Via email, they replied that "we believe that in the new stock, issues that have been encountered should be rectified". I guess that may be true if it's adapter only - or some weird combination of the adapter and one of our SW updates. I'll report once I receive the new version.
Please keep us updated. I have a Lectron adaptor on my Gen 3 wall unit. Again, I had it pre May 2025 and post when this started happening but I'm still curious to see, at least under the current Air software, if a Lectron swap makes a difference!
 
In case this is useful for anyone from Lucid, here is data from today's charging session courtesy of TeslaLogger. Power [kW] is in yellow at the bottom, you can see the 18-19 rate dropping to 8, then back up, then dropping to 1 (when I tried the mobile charger briefly per Customer Care's suggestion, then back up to full speed for around 45 minutes before throttling back again. This is with a LHCS hardwired with 80A setting on 100A breaker.
1760469500909.webp



And here's another one 2 days prior:
1760469800404.webp



And the day bfore that:
1760469844907.webp
 
In case this is useful for anyone from Lucid, here is data from today's charging session courtesy of TeslaLogger. Power [kW] is in yellow at the bottom, you can see the 18-19 rate dropping to 8, then back up, then dropping to 1 (when I tried the mobile charger briefly per Customer Care's suggestion, then back up to full speed for around 45 minutes before throttling back again. This is with a LHCS hardwired with 80A setting on 100A breaker.
View attachment 33453


And here's another one 2 days prior:
View attachment 33454


And the day bfore that:
View attachment 33455
This is in your Air, right?

I just started a charge and the usual. 11kw then 20 mins in now down to 6-7. Wipp remain that way until the end. Tesla Gen 3 wall connector with lectron adaptor.
 
yes, in the Air, '22 GT
Yup, this is exactly what mine does. If you unplug it once it has dropped, then plug it in again, it starts back up at full speed before dropping again after a bit.
 
Lectron is replacing my adapter but it’s been over a week waiting for a replacement 80A unit. Not sure if this will help though. I’m wondering if others have reported this issue with other adapters like Tesla Tap. Lectron unit is made in China I believe which may be the cause for my delay.
 
Lectron is replacing my adapter but it’s been over a week waiting for a replacement 80A unit. Not sure if this will help though. I’m wondering if others have reported this issue with other adapters like Tesla Tap. Lectron unit is made in China I believe which may be the cause for my delay.
I don't imagine it will help. There is mounting evidence that it's a vehicle-specific issue.
 
@borski how did it go with the LCHCS replacement? My service guy maintains it’s the charger not the vehicle. He is putting me on touch with customer care to review
 
Back
Top