Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

Got the new LCHCS installed today. Will let you know what happens once I charge.

In the meantime, v3 of the LCHCS has new software and doesn’t work with wifi SSIDs with spaces in them. So now it’s connected to “StupidLucidLCHCS” because all the rest of my SSIDs have spaces. 🤦‍♂️
@borski Did you have an older version of the LCHCS already installed? Why did you switch to the newer version? I'm pretty sure the one sitting in my garage unopened is a v2 and I will be irritated if you need a v3 for V2H...
 
fingers crossed.. charging now!.

interestingly, i see that the mobile app reports charging at 18kW, but the LCHCS portal reports 19.17kW
1 hr into the charging cycle.. holding strong at 80a with no thermal throttling. Also, the charger cable and handles are both much cooler to the touch with the v3 hardware.
 
1 hr into the charging cycle.. holding strong at 80a with no thermal throttling. Also, the charger cable and handles are both much cooler to the touch with the v3 hardware.
Great! I am assuming Lucid gave you the replacement but you had to pay the cost of re-installation? I'm getting the sinking feeling that I'll need a V3 for V2H...
 
Ordered the adaptor for my Tesla Gen 3 Wall Unit. 4-5 business days shipping time. I'll report back.
 
Great! I am assuming Lucid gave you the replacement but you had to pay the cost of re-installation? I'm getting the sinking feeling that I'll need a V3 for V2H...
Did they ever promise V2H on the LCHCS? Don’t recall. It’s not a concern for me due to my standby generator so I never paid attention.
 
Did they ever promise V2H on the LCHCS? Don’t recall. It’s not a concern for me due to my standby generator so I never paid attention.
Yes they did. I don't have the old description cached but I recall that it was similar to the current one on the Lucid web site.

"hardware-ready for bi-directional charging (additional equipment needed for bi-directional charging currently under development). "

So that would argue against having to buy a new LCHCS for the V2H capability. Am I recalling correctly @SaratogaLefty?
 
Did they ever promise V2H on the LCHCS? Don’t recall. It’s not a concern for me due to my standby generator so I never paid attention.
Since at least 2022.
 
Thanks @DeaneG ! At this point, I think I'd rather buy a new Enphase EVSE if the Lucid V2 charger is incompatible. Really a shame
 
Thanks @DeaneG ! At this point, I think I'd rather buy a new Enphase EVSE if the Lucid V2 charger is incompatible. Really a shame
Best to wait and see. We don't know which cars Enphase's unit will be compatible with, and when.
 
Thanks @DeaneG ! At this point, I think I'd rather buy a new Enphase EVSE if the Lucid V2 charger is incompatible. Really a shame
Best to wait and see. We don't know which cars Enphase's unit will be compatible with, and when.
FWIW it took Enphase about a year to correct glaring and severe software issues on my current IQ EVSE. I'm hoping their new IQ 2 has a smoother path ahead. Enphase does have a head start over Lucid with V2H already operational in the EU, and their software already operates their (similar?) home energy storage batteries very intelligently.
 
@borski Did you have an older version of the LCHCS already installed? Why did you switch to the newer version? I'm pretty sure the one sitting in my garage unopened is a v2 and I will be irritated if you need a v3 for V2H...
I switched because the speed was dropping (what this thread is about).

I will say that v3 has buttons for “v2h active” and whatnot, but they don’t do anything for now. It does have a newer iteration of software. My bet is they will simply issue a firmware upgrade for the older ones once it’s a thing. I have no reason to suspect Lucid won’t do the right thing here.

But yeah, my upgrade had nothing to do with v2h.
 
Great! I am assuming Lucid gave you the replacement but you had to pay the cost of re-installation? I'm getting the sinking feeling that I'll need a V3 for V2H...
Since it was under warranty, they covered up to $250 for the installation; reimbursed after the fact.
 
fingers crossed.. charging now!.

interestingly, i see that the mobile app reports charging at 18kW, but the LCHCS portal reports 19.17kW
The difference is what the charger is supplying versus what is going into the battery . It is a way to see the losses from ac to dc conversion and battery thermal management.
 
Great! I am assuming Lucid gave you the replacement but you had to pay the cost of re-installation? I'm getting the sinking feeling that I'll need a V3 for V2H...
I had called Lucid a few weeks back about electrician reimbursement. They will reimburse up to $250 if they issued a replacement LCHCS. You will need submit an invoice. I was just hesitant to state this until I was able to confirm this after I had the work done. Pleased to say, they accepted my invoice without issues. Payment will be in the form of physical check and will take weeks due to the approval process on their end.
 
I had to reconfigure due to losing WiFi connectivity. As @DeaneG mentioned, reboot the charger, wait for logo LED to go solid and connect to the setup WiFi that will be named the serial number of your charger and the password is the same. Then connect to http://192.168.5.1 which is basically the web portal. Default password is the serial number as well. In there you can change the WiFi settings for a more permanent arrangement by connecting to guest network as mentioned - any network with an IP range other than 192.168.1.X.
Just powered up the new J1771 home charger today. I can connect to the charger network successfully, but can't load http://192.168.5.1 ; when I look at the SSID network settings, I see the IP address but nothing for the router. I've read through many of these posts.... and just can't figure out how to get past connecting to the SSID. Any advice is appreciated!
 
Just powered up the new J1771 home charger today. I can connect to the charger network successfully, but can't load http://192.168.5.1 ; when I look at the SSID network settings, I see the IP address but nothing for the router. I've read through many of these posts.... and just can't figure out how to get past connecting to the SSID. Any advice is appreciated!
Did you also try https://192.168.5.1?

The online installation instructions now say to use http or https depending on the revision level of your LCHCS.
 
Just powered up the new J1771 home charger today. I can connect to the charger network successfully, but can't load http://192.168.5.1 ; when I look at the SSID network settings, I see the IP address but nothing for the router. I've read through many of these posts.... and just can't figure out how to get past connecting to the SSID. Any advice is appreciated!
Can you see if this link would work to you? You can find detailed instructions here.

 
Just powered up the new J1771 home charger today. I can connect to the charger network successfully, but can't load http://192.168.5.1 ; when I look at the SSID network settings, I see the IP address but nothing for the router. I've read through many of these posts.... and just can't figure out how to get past connecting to the SSID. Any advice is appreciated!
i made this same unfortunate mistake.. doh! i even called customer care like a dummy. https://
 
Just powered up the new J1771 home charger today. I can connect to the charger network successfully, but can't load http://192.168.5.1 ; when I look at the SSID network settings, I see the IP address but nothing for the router. I've read through many of these posts.... and just can't figure out how to get past connecting to the SSID. Any advice is appreciated!
Has it been longer than 15 minutes since you booted the charger? If so, power cycle it (with the breaker) and try again. The setup SSID is only up for 15 minutes after boot.
 
Back
Top