Charging Station

I don't understand why Lucid can not issue information of the interface to the house so we can plan ahead. It takes time to design purchase and install the house side of the system. I am sure they have the information.
Well, they do say it is 19.2kW. That is 80Amps at 240vAC. So, 1” conduit, dual 2ga wires and an 8ga ground wire. 90A breaker. That’s what I’ve put in

SA just told me the Lucid charger is now mid year.
Given this, what do people plan to do? I wonder what the wait will be once it comes out. My car isn’t coming till at the earliest end of 2022 so I have time.

Well, they do say it is 19.2kW. That is 80Amps at 240vAC. So, 1” conduit, dual 2ga wires and an 8ga ground wire. 90A breaker. That’s what I’ve put in
That should work. However, what's the excuse for not issuing a spec sheet.

EVSE equipment has to be on a circuit that is derated by 20%. Hence a 90A breaker will only get you 72A. Go ahead and get a 100A breaker if you want to support 80A or 19.2kW.

I spoke to Boone REMC and got the outage history. The longest outage was 1.5 hours. There were 4 events last year from 10 minutes to an hour. Squirrel in transformer to a pole fire. Since the house was built there have been +/- 10 events since 2016. None have been greater than 2 hours. So getting a whole house generator at this house "TODAY" doesn't make sense. Now if hackers start messing around with the grid...

Going to look into LG ESS battery for fridge/freezer/cellar. Then use Lucid for 15-19kW of next level essentials that would need if at home.

I have lived on the Texas Gulf Coast my whole life and been through multiple Hurricanes since “Carla” in 1961 with 2-3 weeks without electricity. Camp stoves and generators are a insurance policy against living in a third world situation here. It always amazes me a day before a hurricane hits the hundreds of folks in line to buy generators and then a month later selling them on Craig’s list for 1/2 price.

Would also be nice if Lucid would say if their charger's conduit entry is from the top, bottom, or back.

Home charging info:

The Lucid Connected Home Charging Station (LCHCS) is a wall-mounted charging station that offers you much faster charging and a convenient home charging setup. Connected Home Charging Station specs • Elegant design and compact build - 5.12 in x 7.68 in x 15.35 in - 18 lb - 24 ft cable • Up to 80 miles of range per hour of charge - 2x the charge rate of the mobile charging cord - Up to 19.2kW (240VAC @ 80A) in North America • Controlled from the Lucid app - Schedule charges ahead of time - Set charge limits • Built for indoor and outdoor use - Holds up in rain, sleet, and snow - Undamaged by external ice • Hardware-ready for bi-directional charging - Vehicle and charging station software will enable this when available • Widescale compatibility with any EV - Utilizes the J1772 charging standard like most other automakers Any questions? Please reach out directly to your Sales or Delivery Advisor.

Thanks, time to contact someone about the cable entry.

My DA has been consistent about Q2 this year and provided me with the attached. I've already had my electrician come scope out the 100amp breaker run.

Attachments

• Lucid Home Charging Station Explainer.pdf
    161.2 KB · Views: 232
My DA has been consistent about Q2 this year and provided me with the attached. I've already had my electrician come scope out the 100amp breaker run.

The last communication I heard was Q3 due to regulation testing issues.

The last communication I heard was Q3 due to regulation testing issues.
I talked my DA yesterday (April 1), and he said Q3 for its availability. Sadly, not an April Fool's joke. I asked him what his confidence was in the Q3 date, and he said, with all the supply chain and other issues these days, he honestly couldn't be sure. He's a straightforward guy, so I understand the uncertainty.

I've got my electrician coming out to look at my garage and electrical system on Tuesday morning to discuss charging station options.

I got the following information from my sales advisor: “The 80A Home Charger will have punch-outs for electrical on the back and bottom of the unit, not the top.” So I'll need to have some work done to extend and reroute the wiring for my existing Tesla HPWC, which is set up for top entry.

I got the following information from my sales advisor: “The 80A Home Charger will have punch-outs for electrical on the back and bottom of the unit, not the top.” So I'll need to have some work done to extend and reroute the wiring for my existing Tesla HPWC, which is set up for top entry.

Couldn’t you just install the unit… higher? Maybe I’m missing something, heh.

Couldn’t you just install the unit… higher? Maybe I’m missing something, heh.
The Tesla unit is already higher than I'd like - it's on a wall behind and above a garbage can.

If the wall behind the charger is hollow, a fairly easy mod. I just did it.
C552A5A1-5C7C-4E1D-82F4-6F51E5B639BF.jpeg

so I understand about 25% of what is being said here; are we talking about the Wunderbox? which I don’t really know what that is…

Back