charging at EA

Where do you exactly check this - is it your Lucid account? I have never bothered even creating an EA account. I've already tested my GT at an EA station and I know the free charging works for me.
On the Lucid app, click the menu button at top left and choose Lucid charging plan. It’ll show you the start date of you free three years. They finally got mine corrected.

On the Lucid app, click the menu button at top left and choose Lucid charging plan. It’ll show you the start date of you free three years. They finally got mine corrected.
Thanks!

My start date is 12/31/2001, the day that I picked up my DE.

Thanks!

My start date is 12/31/2001, the day that I picked up my DE.

Mine too. They corrected on the app. They also emailed me stating hard hard it is for Texas to get our car transferred title. The auto dealership lobbyists are against this direct sale business model. I don’t mind waiting for title and software. Eventually, will all ironed out.

Roughly 6 months from start to open. A lot depends on the permitting part
The two new stations closest me have been completed for a year but still not open

This is interesting because we have the exact same problem with our EQS. I've sent 3 email messages and still waiting for them to correct the problem.
The common linkage here being EA, could they be the problem, instead of the manufacturers? Wondering if @MoniputerLM has similar issue?
Lucid corrected the start date for my EV charging. All is good now.

I’m hitting that one today as I’m coming down from Fort Worth. Do you know if the 350kW is working again?
Check Electrify America's phone app, or Plugshare.

Electrify America has generally been good in 2021 but 2022 is a different story. As @HC_79 has cataloged (maybe on other threads) EA's own app is abysmal at noting if chargers are occupied or not & broken or not! This was the scene Harris Ranch July 8 &10. 3 of 6 down & not noted on app! Will @ElectrifyAm invest in maintenance or only placing new locations online?
FYEXrQEVEAA5pfK.jpg

Electrify America has generally been good in 2021 but 2022 is a different story. As @HC_79 has cataloged (maybe on other threads) EA's own app is abysmal at noting if chargers are occupied or not & broken or not! This was the scene Harris Ranch July 8 &10. 3 of 6 down & not noted on app! Will @ElectrifyAm invest in maintenance or only placing new locations online?
View attachment 3736
I am having the same experience with EA. Broken or long lines for chargers. I went to two locations and then just left and charged at home. My battery was so low could not charge back to 80% overnight even pulling 9 kWh on my Level 2 charger. This is an EA problem, not a Lucid problem. It's only going to get worse as Lucid, VW and Porsche deliver more cars which come bundled with free charging packages.

View attachment 3736
Please note it with a check-in on the plugshare app that you cannot charge because the hardware was broken. The score drops and everyone can see that it is not a good charger to use.

Please note it with a check-in on the plugshare app that you cannot charge because the hardware was broken. The score drops and everyone can see that it is not a good charger to use.
great idea! thanx

That's a great deal! For some reason I thought only the first 20 minutes might be free and then you are charged for any time you use beyond that. Nice to see that is not the case.

Sort of takes the idea of solar panels off the table for me as my wife's soon to be BMW i4M50 also comes with free charging at EA for the first 3 years. Maybe its her BMW that only allows the first 20 minutes. Will have to check that out.
If your electric company has a good program for banking electricity (versus selling it back, which is not worth it, IMO), it can be very cost-effective to just bank it for the future. Rates will hardly go down appreciably and what you have banked can defray future demand. I was lucky to be an early adopter in my area and have paid only a $30 monthly grid fee since 2014. With other efficiency changes (and an electric car), as well as some long stretches away from home, I still have a "bank" of more than 5,000 kWh. I was not a fan of batteries and maintenance when I had it installed.

Last EA gripe might be EA or Lucid; I've asked both to look into it. So when charging 350kW @ElectrifyAm I noticed that when I pressed the handle button to remove charger, it stopped charging however on 2 separate occasions took 3 min before it would release. Guessing has to do with something being too hot 🥵🔌🔋🪫 @LucidMotors ?
Twitter Video: 3min before I can pull away from charge hose

Last EA gripe might be EA or Lucid; I've asked both to look into it. So when charging 350kW @ElectrifyAm I noticed that when I pressed the handle button to remove charger, it stopped charging however on 2 separate occasions took 3 min before it would release. Guessing has to do with something being too hot 🥵🔌🔋🪫 @LucidMotors ?
Twitter Video: 3min before I can pull away from charge hose
Happened to me only once at EA. I shrugged and thought either EA had lag communication or each other is waiting for Lucid to be in cool off state.

Anyway, VW just fired its CEO. Maybe EA situation will get fixed faster.

And he will probably get millions in severance pay and hired on for millions at another corporation. Just like professional football coaches here in the U.S. who get fired for poor team performance get hired by another team. It’s a good ole boy club in many cases.

Happened to me only once at EA. I shrugged and thought either EA had lag communication or each other is waiting for Lucid to be in cool off state.

Anyway, VW just fired its CEO. Maybe EA situation will get fixed faster.

VW guy who got fired was pro-EV and old guard who installed the Porsche guy, well not so much! Rumor has it that the guy who got fired might go to Tesla!

VW guy who got fired was pro-EV and old guard who installed the Porsche guy, well not so much! Rumor has it that the guy who got fired might go to Tesla!
That guy was all talk and no action. If he ends up at Tesla I don’t think he would last long. Tesla is all about software and Diess’s failures with Cariad and previous attempts at software revamps have been unsuccessful. VW doesn’t really make EV’s that competed with Tesla from an efficiency standpoint so not sure what he would really bring to the table.

I had a similar experience at an EVGO charge station, attempting to charge my Tesla Model X. Twice I attempted to get a charge started at a 50 kWh outlet, and twice I got an error message. Then I switched to a lower power level 2 outlet and got a similar error message. I noted that while the charging station couldn’t figure out how to charge my Tesla, it had absolutely no problem at all charging my credit card $15.00. This charge was later removed.

After 20 minutes of futzing around, with the movie at the mall about to start and desperate to take a piss, I gave up and drove away.

Mind, several days prior I had driven our Tesla from San Diego to Denver, a distance of 1100 statute miles. I charged seven times along the way. At all times, all I did was plug in to a Tesla Supercharger stall. No waiting, no glitches.

I then drove back to San Diego, charging six times . Again, no waiting, no glitches.

I’m the biggest EEEHLOHHHN-basher on this board, but on this recent 2200 mile, thirteen charging stop road trip, I was very happy to have been able to plug in to his supercharger network, glitch free and wait free AND, at absolutely no cost to me. Thank you, Elon.

Back