Chargepoint Home Flex unit issues maybe solved

jdbeachbum

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Touring, Jeep, RR
If anyone besides myself has been having issues with the Chargepoint Home Flex unit tripping out the fault (red light) then please read. I had a replacement unit sent out after multiple times where the Chargepoint stopped charging after a fault in unit was detected by showing the red light under the green wifi light on side of charger. The new charger was doing the exact same thing so I did some more research where someone in forum said to charge without opening up the App from Lucid or Chargepoint. I tried this multiple times with perfect success (full charge on car with no fault)! This morning after entering garage I realized I had left my FOB in the car and it was locked with the charger still plugged into the car. While standing by car I used the Lucid App to wake up the car to unlock to remove the charge cable. In the process of waking vehicle up on phone the Chargepoint unit started clicking a couple times then the red fault light appeared and shut the charger down. Something in the car is telling the charger to do something it doesn't like and causing the fault. While charging or after charging, do not open the Lucid App while cord is plugged in and use the FOB instead of phone to unlock and pull charger cable out. This is my solution for my setup and hope it might shed some light if you are experiencing same issues.

If anyone besides myself has been having issues with the Chargepoint Home Flex unit tripping out the fault (red light) then please read. I had a replacement unit sent out after multiple times where the Chargepoint stopped charging after a fault in unit was detected by showing the red light under the green wifi light on side of charger. The new charger was doing the exact same thing so I did some more research where someone in forum said to charge without opening up the App from Lucid or Chargepoint. I tried this multiple times with perfect success (full charge on car with no fault)! This morning after entering garage I realized I had left my FOB in the car and it was locked with the charger still plugged into the car. While standing by car I used the Lucid App to wake up the car to unlock to remove the charge cable. In the process of waking vehicle up on phone the Chargepoint unit started clicking a couple times then the red fault light appeared and shut the charger down. Something in the car is telling the charger to do something it doesn't like and causing the fault. While charging or after charging, do not open the Lucid App while cord is plugged in and use the FOB instead of phone to unlock and pull charger cable out. This is my solution for my setup and hope it might shed some light if you are experiencing same issues.
I also had a replacement unit sent from Chargepoint and it too does the exact same red light fault. I do not use Mobile Key and only use the fob but still get the red light fault about 1-2x per week. I agree it usually seems to happen where car wakes up from sleep state and it trips up the Chargepoint causing a fault.

I also have a charge point home flex, (the first 2 were replaced)... Our Genesis EV shuts off after 30 mins when the charge point charger is hooked to it at 11kw, no problems at all if I plug the Lucid level 2 charger into the Genesis at 9.6kw, all checked out fine with the car itself.. The Lucid has not been picky and have had no issues with any chargers. It sounds like the Charge Point Software may interfere with the Genesis or possibly Lucid Software in my opinion..

I also had a replacement unit sent from Chargepoint and it too does the exact same red light fault. I do not use Mobile Key and only use the fob but still get the red light fault about 1-2x per week. I agree it usually seems to happen where car wakes up from sleep state and it trips up the Chargepoint causing a fault.
Do you ever check charge status from your Lucid app on your phone or Ipad while car is idle in garage during or after charge, but still plugged in? Opening the app to check on car has also triggered my unit. If I go without looking it seems to charge fully without issue. Will run some more tests to confirm this scenario.

Do you ever check charge status from your Lucid app on your phone or Ipad while car is idle in garage during or after charge, but still plugged in? Opening the app to check on car has also triggered my unit. If I go without looking it seems to charge fully without issue. Will run some more tests to confirm this scenario.
I rarely ever open app at home. I do have widget on my iPhone. Not sure if that counts

I have the same issue with my ChargePoint Home Flex tripping the fault (red light) after the completion of charging the vehicle. I’ve just been resetting the breaker switch and that turns off the fault. If I’m up and around and can get to the car before it reaches or completes the charging session, I will manually stop the charge and unplug before it faults. Has anyone used the schedule charging function overnight without a default happening?

Hi, all. Once charging is started, it should not be stopped and restarted immediately. Please wait a few minutes after stopping to restart. If the red light comes on, the vehicle will not charge. The charger will need to be unplugged from the wall to reset. I hope that this helps.

Hi, all. Once charging is started, it should not be stopped and restarted immediately. Please wait a few minutes after stopping to restart. If the red light comes on, the vehicle will not charge. The charger will need to be unplugged from the wall to reset. I hope that this helps.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I still get red light on the Homeflex at least twice a week. I will plug in at night and don’t open app or interrupt charging and will go to leave in the am and the unit has a red light. I’ve already replaced the unit once without success and have reported it to Customer Care.

I have the same issue. The car charges fine but if I keep the charger plugged in after charging to 80% then at some point the red light comes on and I need to reset the breaker. I haven’t been able to keep the charger plugged in.

It may be a coincidence but this issue started after the scheduled charging feature was added. I do not think the issue with Chargepoint.

I have the same issue. The car charges fine but if I keep the charger plugged in after charging to 80% then at some point the red light comes on and I need to reset the breaker. I haven’t been able to keep the charger plugged in.

It may be a coincidence but this issue started after the scheduled charging feature was added. I do not think the issue with Chargepoint.
I had this issue with my Chargepoint from the very beginning. It's why I replaced it after they refused to send me a new unit where people reported not having the issue. Got the LCHCS and sold my Home flex and never looked back.

I had this issue with my Chargepoint from the very beginning. It's why I replaced it after they refused to send me a new unit where people reported not having the issue. Got the LCHCS and sold my Home flex and never looked back.
Agree. I’ve had issue since the beginning as well. Just didn’t want to spend money to get a different charger. Hoped that a software fix would take care of it but doesn’t look likely.

I had this issue with my Chargepoint. They replaced the unit and now I have had no issues for the last 9 months.

I had this issue with my Chargepoint. They replaced the unit and now I have had no issues for the last 9 months.
I tried, many many times to get a replacement. They refused it.

I guess I was an early user, likely after me, too many asked for replacements. I think Chargepoint says it’s a Lucid issue.
We have no issues charging an EQS, only the Lucid, but still could be a Chargepoint issue. I find that if I wait for my Lucid to fully wakeup before inserting the charge cable, if works 95% of the time.

I tried, many many times to get a replacement. They refused it.
I had to make no less than 10 calls to CP for them to finally replace my unit. It was very difficult and in the end, made no difference since I am still having same issue.

I am experiencing the same issue with the ChargePoint Home Flex charger (the unit trips each time I charge the car, after successfully charging to 80%). I have to flip the breaker to get the charger to reset before the next time I charge. I just tried to charge the car after reading this string, and the charger did not trip! I did not use the Lucid app during charging as suggested, and I let the car fully wake before I plugged in. Thank you for the tips. So far I have only made 4 calls to ChargePoint (call me a slacker!) with no success at all. They keep telling me that they will have someone get back to me, and they never do.

I have the same issue with my ChargePoint Home Flex tripping the fault (red light) after the completion of charging the vehicle. I’ve just been resetting the breaker switch and that turns off the fault. If I’m up and around and can get to the car before it reaches or completes the charging session, I will manually stop the charge and unplug before it faults. Has anyone used the schedule charging function overnight without a default happening?
Yes I only charge on schedule and I don't get the problem anymore. I wrote in another thread about this. You also need to have your fob in a faraday pouch/bag/box. I unlock with my phone or fob and my charger does not trip. I also charge to 90% as I do a lot of driving.

I also have the same issue, here is a quick update on this year long issue. I've been working with LUCID and ChargePoint for almost a year now.

I've a AGT and a Tesla Model 3 charging with same ChargePoint Home Flex. But my charger trips with only LUCID. I tried to recreate the issue with Teslaany times but never got this issue. While with LUCID I can see the issue almost all the time.

First I raised the issue with ChargePoint and when they agreed to replace, on a user's recommendation on this forum, I asked for firmware v1.1 from ChargePoint on new charger. With lot of followups and due delegance my unit was replaced BUT as usual with v1.0 (same as my old unit firmware version). The issue persisted.

I also raised this issue with LUCID. They have been communicating with me infrequently with same message that they are investigating. Lately my case got assigned to Alex in customer support who is the condute between Power System software team and me. This week I was visited by the customer support who plugged in the laptop and downloaded the logs for the software team.

I wish you all can call and ask the customer support team to get logs from your car as well. This will help LUCID to resolve this issue.

Back