• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Changing Display From Percentage to Miles Remaining

Tagilroy

During my delivery, advisor asked about what I preferred as the main display. Immediately under speedometer reading. Think we were not communicating correctly. My display shows % of battery remaining. How to change to miles? Owners manual (page 64) talks about indicator, but gives no idea how to change what it displays.

Uggh.

During my delivery, advisor asked about what I preferred as the main display. Immediately under speedometer reading. Think we were not communicating correctly. My display shows % of battery remaining. How to change to miles? Owners manual (page 64) talks about indicator, but gives no idea how to change what it displays.

Uggh.
Settings, vehicle, display, units

Three months in. Same.

Welcome to the asylum.
I believe that I have read many references to the fact that Miles Remaining is not very accurate due to algorithms that are used to make the calculations rather than real time calculations.
The State of Charge percentages are supposedly much more accurate due to real readings from the HV batteries.
I am still a Touring owner in waiting so I do not have personal experience and am only mentioning what I have previously read.
Current experienced owners should have the most accurate information,

I believe that I have read many references to the fact that Miles Remaining is not very accurate due to algorithms that are used to make the calculations rather than real time calculations.
The State of Charge percentages are supposedly much more accurate due to real readings from the HV batteries.
I am still a Touring owner in waiting so I do not have personal experience and am only mentioning what I have previously read.
Current experienced owners should have the most accurate information,
It depends; it’s definitely less accurate, as it’s an estimate, but I find having the miles helpful. That said, I look at it regularly, heh.

Maybe one day I’ll switch to percentage, since it’s not an estimate, but so far I haven’t needed to 🤷‍♂️

I think after a while, people will get more used to % as a measure to see how much range they have. Over 14k miles, I average 3.1mi/kwh so I know every percentage point if I multiply by 3 I'm safe and have a buffer.

Maybe one day I’ll switch to percentage, since it’s not an estimate, but so far I haven’t needed to 🤷‍♂️
SOC percentage is also an estimate since it will increase at times while the car is parked. This is very likely to happen when it is cool in the morning and warms up later in the day warming the battery. That said, it is a much much better estimate than the miles remaining. I prefer SOC percentage.

I think after a while, people will get more used to % as a measure to see how much range they have. Over 14k miles, I average 3.1mi/kwh so I know every percentage point if I multiply by 3 I'm safe and have a buffer.
So, just to understand, if you have 80% SOC you estimate you only have 240 miles remaining?

So, just to understand, if you have 80% SOC you estimate you only have 240 miles remaining?
Only with a safe buffer, but for my driving style it's real world 290ish.

Only with a safe buffer, but for my driving style it's real world 290ish.
^ this. Mostly, if you’re getting 3.1 mi/kWh, you’re getting around 325ish miles at 100%. 80% of 325 is about 260 miles. You’re math needs to be based on your active mi/kWh value as that’s the only thing that matters. Using battery percentage with this as a waypoint is always pretty darn accurate. Insanely enough, the mile range estimator does not do this making it absolutely useless.

Lucid has -- probably inadvertently -- made it easier to see how fast range erodes as speed builds. I say inadvertently, because with UX 2.0 they removed one of the most useful ways of calculating range on the fly when they removed the m/kWh readout. This, of course, highlighted how much less than the EPA range you were actually getting at highway speeds. As an example, our Dream Performance on 21" wheels is EPA rated for 3.9 m/kWh. We've never averaged better than 3.0-3.1 on a highway trip.

What we got instead with the UX 2.0 rollout was a new readout that tells you how many miles of range you will have when you arrive at your destination. It seems to me that remaining range is calculated against the EPA estimated range rather than the battery draw you're actually incurring at highway speeds.

For instance, when I left a charger station on a recent road trip, the readout told me I would have 202 miles of range remaining when I arrived at my destination. Throughout the drive, that figure slowly dropped, and I arrived at the destination with 146 miles of range remaining.

hmm .. imagine how nice it would be if you could see both the % and the miles at the same time ..

just sayin'
Actually, I usually do but I have the units for SOC set at % on the glass cockpit below the speedometer and then have the pilot panel opened to trip information and watch the mi/kWh from last charge. But I understand what you are getting at, it would be very nice to have both up on the glass cockpit. Sigh!

Uggh.
My personal preference is % … the miles remaining is entirely a hypothetical calculation …feels good but isn’t really practical in my opinion.

I have mine set up with miles remaining showing in the car dash display but then have percentage listed in the app. That way I satisfy both parties in my head.

hmm .. imagine how nice it would be if you could see both the % and the miles at the same time ..

just sayin'
I display trip a miles and soc % but it also shows miles range at destination when I navigate.

When you look at your phone, you don’t try look up “estimated time range” how long your phone may run out of juice, you just read % of SOC. Your juice may vary based on amount of apps opened and how CPU and GPU intensive of your apps running. I think EV is the same as phone, you can train yourself to estimate your “estimated distance range” just as you can with your phone become 2nd nature eventually.

Back