CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Got pretty excited when I got an email from Lucid today saying Apple Car Play is here ..with instructions on how to connect your phone...which of course didn;t work. probably because you need an OTA update. Of course, the email doesn't say that. So now...waiting...again. Sigh. Wish they'd held off on that email until the OTA landed.
Other than that, charged my AGT to 90% for the first time yesterday. Awesome to see 460 miles....
It has landed. It’s being rolled out as we speak.

Hi, I'm a new owner and was excited about Apple Car Play. How do I get it to my car. Not sure what an OTA update is. Thanks for any tips you can give.
Your car will tell you. It’s a really good idea to sit in the car and read the manual. Lots of good info there.

Hi, I'm a new owner and was excited about Apple Car Play. How do I get it to my car. Not sure what an OTA update is. Thanks for any tips you can give.
When the update arrives, the car, or your phone app will let you know. You’ll see a little dot indicating the update is ready. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be good to go.

Here’s what the dot looks like for an update.
1679620994051.png

But natively, or through carplay?
Definitely through CarPlay. The ARC app can access the library in your Roon Core at home for lossless audio.

Anyone know what order or criteria Licid uses to push these OTA’s? It obviously isn’t order date, confirmation date or delivery date.

Anyone know what order or criteria Licid uses to push these OTA’s? It obviously isn’t order date, confirmation date or delivery date.
My guess is hardware build config.

My guess is hardware build config.
Obviously not! I have an early Dream edition and have not gotten this update. I think they are doing their regular random 100 car batches.,

Obviously not! I have an early Dream edition and have not gotten this update. I think they are doing their regular random 100 car batches.,
Yea, well, early Dreams would have some of the most varied hardware right? 😁

We've never been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to the sequence. The good news is, they're pretty fast. I would imagine everybody will have the update within the first 48 hours. If you don't get it by the end of the day tomorrow, check back here and see if everybody else has.

Yea, well, early Dreams would have some of the most varied hardware right? 😁
Well, in my case, they have replaced enough parts along the way that the car has just about the newest everything, including battery & Wunderbox. But this is "just" a software update and should not really strain any hardware, other than WiFi or USB.

Don’t worry, I’ll get CarPlay to everyone soon!
9E5B1C51-1C53-430C-A4E5-0174485ADA05.png

I think Lucid should push an OTA like this to Dream owners first, then Grand Touring, and then Touring. It's the right thing to do.

P.S. I am a Touring trim owner

I think Lucid should push an OTA like this to Dream owners first, then Grand Touring, and then Touring. It's the right thing to do.

Would agree. Also Touring owner here, who just installed the update and spent a little while playing with it.

Would agree. Also Touring owner here, who just installed the update and spent a little while playing with it.
I see Touring owners wants Dream and GT owners to keep being Guinea Pigs vanguard. I see how that work. 😂

J/K

...13 minutes later, i get this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323-212820.png
    Screenshot_20230323-212820.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 110
Back