Car completely non-responsive

As an immigrant from Bangladesh, thank you for the clarification. I will make sure I use "key" before using this term just for extra, extra clarification. People should understand what is written in the context it was written in.
It's a small thing, but it does make a difference in some parts of the country.

It's a small thing, but it does make a difference in some parts of the country.
None, taken. Usually people understand what is being said under the context of the totality of the conversation. In my business, we use the term "FOB" all the time. As a matter of fact, I just received an insurance quote from my insurer regarding goods being transported since the suppliers won't insure the goods in transport once it leaves their facility (i.e. Free On Board). FOB predates the urban dictionary use of it. In other words don't call out something that doesn't need to be called out unless it was used in way that it could have meant something derogatory or it was actually used in a derogatory way. I cannot even count the number of times people have used FOB, fresh off the boat, towards me or others and thought it was funny - so I am the last person you have to explain this to.

A "fob" is a small ornament, often attached to a chain. "FOB" is a sometimes derogatory expression referring to a recent immigrant not yet integrated into local culture, fresh off the boat.
Wow, it just goes to show you how behind the time I am. FOB means to me "Freight On Board". I guess this is what retirement does to one....

Wow, it just goes to show you how behind the time I am. FOB means to me "Freight On Board". I guess this is what retirement does to one....
Yes, used to use that term too back in the days when we would wait for ships to come to port with the goods. With distributors dealing with that part of the business, we only focus on the domestic shipping. And in your case the goods were the seller's responsibility until it was at destination port. Free On Board is used generally in the U.S. as goods are shipped via trucks or trains. Usually, the seller cleans their hands of responsibility once it's with the shipper.

If you had the mobile key setup on your phone, you could just push the door handle in and it should have unlocked your car. Also, you can use the fob like the valet card where you hold it to the pillar and push the handle at the same time to unlock your car.
I believe that if you managed to lock your doors with your phone, setup as a key fob, in your car and you don't have your physical key fob you cannot open the door. Just like if I was in the car and locked the door, someone from outside wouldn't be able to open the door. I have on a couple of occasions left my phone in the car and my key fob in my pocket. Completely forgot that the doors will not lock automatically in that scenario. Easy theft, if anyone realized, which is easy since the door handles stick out.

I believe that if you managed to lock your doors with your phone, setup as a key fob, in your car and you don't have your physical key fob you cannot open the door. Just like if I was in the car and locked the door, someone from outside wouldn't be able to open the door. I have on a couple of occasions left my phone in the car and my key fob in my pocket. Completely forgot that the doors will not lock automatically in that scenario. Easy theft, if anyone realized, which is easy since the door handles stick out.
Not entirely sure about that scenario, but if you leave the fob in the car, the door handles will go down after x minutes but if you push them the car will unlock.

Not entirely sure about that scenario, but if you leave the fob in the car, the door handles will go down after x minutes but if you push them the car will unlock.
Mine, definitely stayed opened the 45 minutes I was with my wife eating lunch. I actually saw the handles sticking out when I went to pay the bill and realized I left the phone in the car.

Mine, definitely stayed opened the 45 minutes I was with my wife eating lunch. I actually saw the handles sticking out when I went to pay the bill and realized I left the phone in the car.
I am paranoid enough about unintended communications with the car that I carry a faraday pouch with me and I sign out of the phone app each time I use it . Probably overkill , but it has become a habit now.

I experienced key fob problems at the end of 2 car shows we recently entered. After being near the car for 6 to 8 hours and watching it go through several, or I should say, many unlockings and lockings during the day, my key fob was drained and would not open the car to leave. Luckily, I had taken the battery out of the second key fob and it worked so we could drive home. I have asked Lucid to include a "Safe Place" function so the car could remain open in certain areas, such as at home in the garage or maybe a temporary place such as a car show. But alas, the request has fallen on deaf ears.

I experienced key fob problems at the end of 2 car shows we recently entered. After being near the car for 6 to 8 hours and watching it go through several, or I should say, many unlockings and lockings during the day, my key fob was drained and would not open the car to leave. Luckily, I had taken the battery out of the second key fob and it worked so we could drive home. I have asked Lucid to include a "Safe Place" function so the car could remain open in certain areas, such as at home in the garage or maybe a temporary place such as a car show. But alas, the request has fallen on deaf ears.
I believe that stay unlocked at your garage was introduced by Tesla in late 2020 or early 2021.

Two concerning issues about this---and the other failures that cause the cars to be towed, taken out of service, etc:

1) Frequency: This forum is a small sample size---how often is this happening per 50 cars delivered?

2) Persistency: when they fix it does it stay fixed? Or does the same--or another --debilitating even occur again?

Lucid needs to be candid with its universe of buyers. If they stay silent it will be at their own risk
This is true, we'd like to know. Seems to be a sophisticated bunch here. I'd have to wonder that it's too early to collate and analize the data they have . Preliminary data can easily mislead and set us off on the wrong course. It's not just the data ... it needs a context.
Would you count "car is bricked" if it was caused by a meteor strike? or would you have a category "meteor strikes" ? So if you look at the raw data (ala Dick Cheney) of all the cars that bricked, would you use it to justify invading Iraq? We don't want to be Colin Powell.

Collecting raw data directly from the car is one thing.
Trying to build a database from reading this forum would be a nightmare. I don't trust anyone's post here ... like Fox News...it's just entertainment and a place to rage.

I am paranoid enough about unintended communications with the car that I carry a faraday pouch with me and I sign out of the phone app each time I use it . Probably overkill , but it has become a habit now.
How do you sign out of the phone app ?

I am completely serious. I have no idea how to do this. I did not know it was possible to "turn off" anything having to do with anything computer if you can't literally pull the plug.

I am completely serious. How do you "turn off" the phone app so it's not doing anything and can't do anything ?

I came home at midnight (in a different car since my Lucid is undrivable) , opened the garage door (manually) and saw my door handles were out. Why does this keep happening? I had only my phone with me...is the phone app doing this against my wishes? If so, do I need to delete the phone app to make it stop ?

I am completely serious.

I am completely serious. I have no idea how to do this. I did not know it was possible to "turn off" anything having to do with anything computer if you can't literally pull the plug.

I am completely serious. How do you "turn off" the phone app so it's not doing anything and can't do anything ?

I came home at midnight (in a different car since my Lucid is undrivable) , opened the garage door (manually) and saw my door handles were out. Why does this keep happening? I had only my phone with me...is the phone app doing this against my wishes? If so, do I need to delete the phone app to make it stop ?

I am completely serious.
Hamburger button at top left, click your name, sign out.

I am completely serious.
What Borski said

I carry one of these or a similar one in all of my cars. They are not recommended for use on Li-ion batteries but as I understand it the 12v batteries on the Air are lead acid.

NOCO GB-70

Of course one must still be able to get into the car to get to it. It a shame Lucid doesn't "hide" a real key within the FOB.

See the image below, hopefully that comes through. It is a little deceptive as you have to pull the three retainers in the bottom corner of the wheel well to get a view of this. Then you have to remove the same type of plastic connectors from the wire tabs themselves to access them for a jump.

Because of the positioning of the car I had to connect two sets of jumper cables to reach my ICE vehicle with its 12v. The doors unlocked immediately when I made that connection.

The only tools really needed are a small flat head screwdriver and a flashlight (easiest with a headlamp) because visibility inside the wheel well is tough.

The second battery is in the trunk. On the right hand side, under the triangle section - the mirror to the storage of the charger on the left. You just peel back the triangle section of the liner to reveal the battery. That one I was not willing to jump as the positive terminal had no real spot to connect to with my large grip jumper cables.

Some sort of small 12v charger with alligator clip connectors would be a much easier way to resolve this than what I ended up doing.
Can someone explain to me why the cables are located in the worst place possible?

Can someone explain to me why the cables are located in the worst place possible?
Not sure where else they would be? Has to be a place you can access without power.

Back