• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Can't charge at Home

Just to chime in, I had this exact problem with my 8-month old Tesla MY earlier this year, however that doesn't mean the Lucid would have the same cause. I was using the Corded Mobile Connector to a NEMA 14-50 outlet (50-amp circuit) which had worked well for 2 years for my prior EV (Nissan Leaf Plus), but now it suddenly stopped charging at home and I could only use Superchargers for the Tesla. It turned out the charging port computer had malfunctioned and needed to be replaced because it stopped accepting the AC from my garage (I believe was the explanation). The malfunction ended up frying my actual mobile connector when it happened. Tesla ended up replacing the Corded Mobile Connector also, after much wrangling, when they tried to tell me my NEMA 14-50 plug had malfunctioned (my electrician verified that the wiring and outlet were sound) and caused the cable to overheat - not their computer malfunctioning. This was all covered under the warranty and has worked seamlessly with the new charging port computer and new mobile connector and the same NEMA 14-50 outlet since the repair. I'd be interested to hear what you find is the cause and if any other cars have had this problem.

ChargePoint sent a replacement charger. Same problem. It is definitely on sleep or wake-up of the Lucid. I will open another case with them. I have had a successful charged, only to have the car unlock, I have to do that to remove the plug, and initiate a synch and subsequent red light. Charger clicks, likely after determining the type of car it is charging.

ChargePoint sent a replacement charger. Same problem. It is definitely on sleep or wake-up of the Lucid. I will open another case with them. I have had a successful charged, only to have the car unlock, I have to do that to remove the plug, and initiate a synch and subsequent red light. Charger clicks, likely after determining the type of car it is charging.
Wonder what the issue is since I've been using a chargepoint home flex since day 1, never had an issue with charging, not even a hiccup.

It is absolutely on the synchronization between the car and the charger. If you notice when you plug in, the charger will click a few seconds after. There’s some kind of an exchange of information, has to be the car telling the charging station that it is there and capable of receiving charge. I have had successful charges, the issue is not consistent. It does always occur when the car is finished charging and asleep. When the car wakes up and checks all systems, including whether it is plugged in, that the box goes red.

Wonder what the issue is since I've been using a chargepoint home flex since day 1, never had an issue with charging, not even a hiccup.
Are you using the ChargePoint Flex to charge at a certain time or is it set to initiate charging immediately?

I do not have any constraints on the charge time. Being that it happens when the system is fully charged and then the car is reanimated it really doesn’t matter what time of day it is. I have never been there when the charging finishes, but have come out and seen the light be red. I always see it when I come out in the morning to wake the car up, if the light is green, it always turns red when the car is fully awake.

I have a ChargePoint Flex so I’ll have to check the charging this weekend after I get the car tomorrow. Hoping there are no issues. Has worked flawlessly on the Leaf for over 2 years.

Back