Cannot send Google Maps to Lucid via iOS

skywaterbanjo

Verified Owner
Reaction score
I created a route on my iPhone 14 with google maps and tried to share with Lucid. The Lucid app opens and then comes back with the message Address Not Sent - Unable to share this address.

Anyone else experience this?

App version 1.42.0, Car 2.1.33

TIA

I created a route on my iPhone 14 with google maps and tried to share with Lucid. The Lucid app opens and then comes back with the message Address Not Sent - Unable to share this address.

TIA
No issue here on Android.

TIA
does the route contain multiple stops along the way or is it a simple from point A to point B route? last time i tried it didn't work when i had multiple stops along the route (this was a while back when Lucid's native navigation didn't support stops).

Last edited:
does the route contain multiple stops along the way or is it a simple from point A to point B route? last time i tried it didn't work when i had multiple stops along the route (this was a while back when Lucid's native navigation didn't support stops).
I think this is still the case. If you have multiple stops, it fails.

You are able to share individual destinations but not yet a route plan from third party apps.

Send trip from the Lucid app currently also does not support route plans.

You are able to share individual destinations but not yet a route plan from third party apps.

Send trip from the Lucid app currently also does not support route plans.
it would be nice if Lucid can support GPS coordinates. i use All Trails for finding hiking spots which sends GPS coordinates to Google maps but from there i can't send them to Lucid because it doesn't support GPS coordinates. it wouldn't be a problem if Android Auto was supported 😜

it would be nice if Lucid can support GPS coordinates. i use All Trails for finding hiking spots which sends GPS coordinates to Google maps but from there i can't send them to Lucid because it doesn't support GPS coordinates. it wouldn't be a problem if Android Auto was supported 😜
disney-snowwhite.gif

It would also be nice if Lucid's nav would reliably support finding routes to destinations, and correct locations, or could navigate you to the actual entrance of buildings instead of the side or rear. HERE maps does not seem to have an entrance location attribute for buildings, just a centroid. It's taken me miles astray in the desert and failed to find a way home from a major highway. It's quite a relief to be able to use Carplay with Apple maps for the nicest guidance, or Google maps for best accuracy.

Last edited:
Also Lucid's HERE maps rarely has the trailhead name in its database. I always plan hikes ahead using a combination of Alltrails and Google maps, then do my best to find a nearby starting location in the Lucid. If you just send the trailhead marker/ name from Google Maps to the Lucid, you'll wind up somewhere different from where you'd planned as the names do not match.

It would also be nice if Lucid's nav would reliably support finding routes to destinations, and correct locations, or could navigate you to the actual entrance of buildings instead of the side or rear. HERE maps does not seem to have an entrance location attribute for buildings, just a centroid. It's taken me miles astray in the desert and failed to find a way home from a major highway. It's quite a relief to be able to use Carplay with Apple maps for the nicest guidance, or Google maps for best accuracy.
Yup. Here is terrible when it comes to finding entrances to large buildings.

I have tried this. Lucid's nav will take you to whatever place it has in it's database that is closest to the GPS coordinates. But not necessarily to those coordinates.

Last edited:
Just point A to B, no multiple stops

Also Lucid's HERE maps rarely has the trailhead name in its database. I always plan hikes ahead using a combination of Alltrails and Google maps, then do my best to find a nearby starting location in the Lucid. If you just send the trailhead marker/ name from Google Maps to the Lucid, you'll wind up somewhere different from where you'd planned as the names do not match.
I had a similar problem this summer when I was doing a lot of hiking. I then discovered that HERE Maps has an editing interface where people can propose additions and changes to their map database. See https://mapcreator.here.com Now when I want to go on a hike, I check the day before by searching for the wildlife refuge/trailhead using the Lucid app. If the name isn't known, I add it to their master database. Note that these don't appear immediately because they are reviewed before approval, and new maps are only released every few months. So for the immediately planned hike, I still need to find a nearby street address. But it will show up in a month or two.

I can no longer share addresses from Google Maps or Apple Maps with the car on my iPhone - iOS17.3. Anyone else having this issue / know of a fix?

I can no longer share addresses from Google Maps or Apple Maps with the car on my iPhone - iOS17.3. Anyone else having this issue / know of a fix?
You are correct, this function does not seem to be working in the current version.

I've had the same problem as well.

Back