Watch out when sending a destination from Google Maps on your phone to your car

...@joec @AirDoll we should do a lucid meetup at tony's! :p but we'd all uber because zero of us want to park our cars by tony's 🤣
Hey, this is my thread, don't forget to invite me! I'll be nice ;)

hey! I just did the "world pizza tour" at his sf restaraunt!

it was insane, lol. $500 prix fixe for a table of six (it's that price no matter how many you bring, but up to 6). two salads, seven pizzas (all in a completely different style, from crust to everything else), and a smorgasboard of italian desserts (cannolis, tira misu, and so on).

I was full for like 3 days lol

@joec @AirDoll we should do a lucid meetup at tony's! :p but we'd all uber because zero of us want to park our cars by tony's 🤣
I’m down for that.

I'm glad this thread is about pizza, you would never know from the title

We’re still doing canceling then?
Yes, absolutely. Don't forget that I'm a member of Gen Z, and I will therefore immediately cancel anybody on Xitter for any random reason! But I'll do that in 30 minutes, right now I need to go to Starbucks for the 5th time in three hours. I'll make sure to post pictures of my overpriced drink on social media!

(shitpost mode off)

(He was an early admission to your alma mater, his dream school, but then changed his mind after visiting Palo Alto)
If I may ask, what did your son not like about Palo Alto? I’m not questioning the decision, I’m just genuinely curious! 🙂

If I may ask, what did your son not like about Palo Alto? I’m not questioning the decision, I’m just genuinely curious! 🙂
It's the opposite. Palo Alto is great but expensive.

I had a fairly serious and repeatable error with sending a destination from Google Maps to my car this evening.

I found my destination on Google Maps on my phone, used its "share" button to send the location to my Lucid. Got in the car, pressed the corresponding destination popup, and started driving. We were about two blocks away from the nav's destination when we realized it wasn't our destination. Instead of the Palo Alto eatery we were aiming for, the nav tried to take us to a bus stop in front of City Hall, about three miles away.

The correct destination on Google Maps on my phone was:
State of Mind Slice House, 3850 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306

But the car's nav took us to a location near the center of Palo Alto, nowhere near El Camino Real. Photos attached of the inputs to the car.

There were no error messages from my phone or the car while this happened. It's easy to repeat.

This isn't the first time we've had this issue. I will now 100% verify the destination the car thinks it's driving to, even though I was certain I had the correct location showing on my phone when I sent the destination to the car.

View attachment 22486
View attachment 22487
Just curious, why don't you use the Lucid app. I've never has a problem sending the route from there...

Just curious, why don't you use the Lucid app. I've never has a problem sending the route from there...
Because I plan trips using Google maps, and send destinations from there to my other EV without any issues.

Until this is fixed, I'll definitely send from the Lucid app for trips in the Air. I had the same problem again this morning with another destination - the car wanted to take me to the city center instead of my actual destination. The issue seems to repeatably happen with some destinations, but not others.

Because I plan trips using Google maps, and send destinations from there to my other EV without any issues.

Until this is fixed, I'll definitely send from the Lucid app for trips in the Air. I had the same problem again this morning with another destination - the car wanted to take me to the city center instead of my actual destination. The issue seems to repeatably happen with some destinations, but not others.
Not sure if Gmaps is sending an address when it shares or at lat/lon. If it's the former, then I could see that the parsing of the address might fail on the 'target' side (Lucid, in this case), but if it's a lat/lon then it's less obvious what the problem is and why the Lucid software is falling back to a different location.

Not sure if Gmaps is sending an address when it shares or at lat/lon. If it's the former, then I could see that the parsing of the address might fail on the 'target' side (Lucid, in this case), but if it's a lat/lon then it's less obvious what the problem is and why the Lucid software is falling back to a different location.
The issue seems to be that Google maps sometimes sends an address and lat/long to Lucid's app, and sometimes only sends the lat/long with a place name but no address.
The former works. The latter case is interpreted by Lucid's app as the center of the city containing the lat/long - not the lat/long location itself.

Are you reporting these to Lucid? Could be something they need to look into to see if it’s how the car is receiving the nav info or it’s purely a HERE issue and they can’t do nothing about it.

DeaneG was correct.
Via Early Admissions, my son had been accepted at DeaneG's alma mater and was all set to go there because it had been his dream school for the longest time.
Then came the regular admission phase and Stanford offered him a spot. He visited Palo Alto and was seduced.

Are you reporting these to Lucid? Could be something they need to look into to see if it’s how the car is receiving the nav info or it’s purely a HERE issue and they can’t do nothing about it.
So far it looks like it's a simple problem in Lucid's phone app. I sent complete information for reproducing the issue to Customer Care.
For now, it's better to use Lucid's app to find and send destinations rather than using Google Maps "share" button.

It's slightly more awkward, and I don't want to make an excuse for things not working right, but touching and holding the address in Google Maps will copy it, so pasting it into the Lucid app isn't too much more work. I haven't seen the problem but thanks for the warning.

I had a fairly serious and repeatable error with sending a destination from Google Maps to my car this evening.

I found my destination on Google Maps on my phone, used its "share" button to send the location to my Lucid. Got in the car, pressed the corresponding destination popup, and started driving. We were about two blocks away from the nav's destination when we realized it wasn't our destination. Instead of the Palo Alto eatery we were aiming for, the nav tried to take us to a bus stop in front of City Hall, about three miles away.

The correct destination on Google Maps on my phone was:
State of Mind Slice House, 3850 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306

But the car's nav took us to a location near the center of Palo Alto, nowhere near El Camino Real. Photos attached of the inputs to the car.

There were no error messages from my phone or the car while this happened. It's easy to repeat.

This isn't the first time we've had this issue. I will now 100% verify the destination the car thinks it's driving to, even though I was certain I had the correct location showing on my phone when I sent the destination to the car.

View attachment 22486
View attachment 22487
Late to the conversation but I have this happen all the time. Instead I use the Lucid app to punch in the address that I copied from Google maps and then hit "send to vehicle"

I know mcr16 did a navigation survey recently, but one definite thing that could make this full proof is sending over the coordinates rather than address, however it's being handed from Google maps to lucid. But coordinates will never take you astray from the destination

Yes. Sharing a location to lucid from google maps is totally a hit or miss. Try navigating to costco Fremont or trader Joe's Fremont or city sport Fremont if you are in the bay area. It will ask you to park where you cannot behind the location. I don't think that the coordinates are sent.

Back