Can someone explain what looks like sparks out of the front of my car while I slept

cyberwife

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I was looking at my cameras for a racoon that stole some blackberries and I see this!! What on earth is going on - it looks like sparks flying out of the front of my car! And the back lights are not flashing at all, so I don't think it was the headlights going on and off. And why would they?? I looked in the bushes for signs of a firework -but nothing. We even did an update this morning before I saw this video. Car is fine, no evidence of ANYTHING on the front or in the frunk. No evidence of fireworks in bushes, and no trail of light from firework bring tossed in my yard. Aliens? Lucid messing around with my car? I am freaking out!

I have submitted this as a case to lucid. They saw video and were not sure either, sending it on to tech support. I can't attach video as it's an mp4 and this site doesn't support that format apparently. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626_145242_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_145242_Gallery.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20240626_145202_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_145202_Gallery.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 160
I was looking at my cameras for a racoon that stole some blackberries and I see this!! What on earth is going on - it looks like sparks flying out of the front of my car! And the back lights are not flashing at all, so I don't think it was the headlights going on and off. And why would they?? I looked in the bushes for signs of a firework -but nothing. We even did an update this morning before I saw this video. Car is fine, no evidence of ANYTHING on the front or in the frunk. No evidence of fireworks in bushes, and no trail of light from firework bring tossed in my yard. Aliens? Lucid messing around with my car? I am freaking out!

I have submitted this as a case to lucid. They saw video and were not sure either, sending it on to tech support. I can't attach video as it's an mp4 and this site doesn't support that format apparently. :(
Could you make it a YouTube video? Or upload it to google drive and share the drive link? This seems like an extremely odd case…

Back it in and see what’s happening.

My guess? Your IR cameras are catching the LIDAR doing weird stuff. Why it's doing weird stuff in the night, I have no idea.
This is the correct answer

Last edited:
Could you make it a YouTube video? Or upload it to google drive and share the drive link? This seems like an extremely odd case…
Lucid customer service guy was completely mystified. We both laughed that aliens were trying to communicate and we were glad they chose a Lucid, a cyber truck is so ugly, no one would notice! Aliens keepin' it classy!

Were you charging the car?

On a more important note, did you catch the raccoon stealing your blackberries? :p

On a more important note, did you catch the raccoon stealing your blackberries? :p
Not this time - I got him on camera last time and then I created a netting cover - but that crafty fellow managed to still break off a branch and steal it - they are very clever.

OK - I think everyone can copy the links I posted above and it will allow you to see the video.

So I backed the car in last night - watched the cameras this morning and nothing odd happened. I did find that one of our 2 keys was out of the faraday bag but not in close enough proximity to wake up the car, normally. Lucid will be contacting me to have a tech come out and look at our computer log.

Back