Bye Out of Spec Dave

Just sold my GT for 94 k with 2 sets of wheels- 5100 miles -perfect condition -driven like an old lady - never used launch control. Out of spec Dave drove this car hard so with 17k miles -90k for the car is a good price for him. At $1 mile the car should have been 12K cheaper than mine.

Just sold my GT for 94 k with 2 sets of wheels- 5100 miles -perfect condition -driven like an old lady - never used launch control. Out of spec Dave drove this car hard so with 17k miles -90k for the car is a good price for him. At $1 mile the car should have been 12K cheaper than mine.
Sometimes the outreach of followers can help get your ad across to more eyes.

Seems excessive: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...problems-offers-more-explanations-221700.html

I would like to think the reporter rephrased what appears to be mainly subjective opinions and/or preferences as condemnation and facts of objective origins. Anyways, a real shame on the entire piece's tone for a fantastic vehicle.

Note: This is not a critique of Dave, only the reporter and origin company. He has the right to his own opinions though we may surely disagree on many of them.

Seems excessive: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...problems-offers-more-explanations-221700.html

I would like to think the reporter rephrased what appears to be mainly subjective opinions and/or preferences as condemnation and facts of objective origins. Anyways, a real shame on the entire piece's tone for a fantastic vehicle.

Note: This is not a critique of Dave, only the reporter and origin company. He has the right to his own opinions though we may surely disagree on many of them.
I agree this article is excessive, a lot of the reasons given are just a matter of time for updates to be made, and some out of their control. And as you say it is very subjective.

I like how one of the reasons given for getting rid of the Air is that "there's no head-up display", but he is going back to Tesla...

I'm also not criticizing Dave as he obviously has his reasons to change the car, but I very much doubt one was that he wants a HUD as if that was the case he would not be considering Tesla.

Thought this article was more interesting. Why can you not custom order a Lucid right now? Too much excess inventory. Seems very odd. Just tried too and the article was right.

Thought this article was more interesting. Why can you not custom order a Lucid right now? Too much excess inventory. Seems very odd. Just tried too and the article was right.

Yes, this is to prepare for the next model year and also clear inventory to fit more.

Could it be that they have shut down production briefly to make the adjustments needed to start producing RWD and Sapphire? But then why stop taking orders, just tell people it will take a little longer.

I wonder why it doesn't let you order at all, there is not enough inventory to cover all configurations so it seems strange to not allow a new order.
Is there any evidence that this is happening in the studios too, or just a website change/issue? If they don't allow custom orders then the studios will be doing the same, if studios are not doing this then why is the website.

Could it be that they have shut down production briefly to make the adjustments needed to start producing RWD and Sapphire? But then why stop taking orders, just tell people it will take a little longer.

I wonder why it doesn't let you order at all, there is not enough inventory to cover all configurations so it seems strange to not allow a new order.
Is there any evidence that this is happening in the studios too, or just a website change/issue? If they don't allow custom orders then the studios will be doing the same, if studios are not doing this then why is the website.
Wait, since when could you order a car in the studio?

Could you tell me the process? Curious to see the differences as I thought when you "order" in a studio you are just redirected to the website.
Pretty much the same, just on their computer.

Pretty much the same, just on their computer.
Yes. They will simply take you to their computer and do the same thing you could do at home or on your phone.

Note, though, they can’t do that in states where it’s illegal to “sell” a car anywhere but a dealership. In those states they can merely show you the car and then tell you to order at home.

I do agree with Dave on one of his niggles - Lucid’s sun visors are as clumsy in execution as the Tesla Model X’s are elegant. Lucid’s sun visors really do detract from that enormous and beautiful expanse of windshield that the Air aspires to offer us. In fact the sun visors just clutter up the windshield. There’s no real way to get them clear and well out of the way. Contrast that to Tesla’s design solution for the Model X:

Attachments

• IMG_7761.jpeg
    IMG_7761.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7760.jpeg
    IMG_7760.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7762.jpeg
    IMG_7762.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7759.jpeg
    IMG_7759.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7758.jpeg
    IMG_7758.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7757.jpeg
    IMG_7757.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7763.jpeg
    IMG_7763.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 92
I do agree with Dave on one of his niggles - Lucid’s sun visors are as clumsy in execution as the Tesla Model X’s are elegant. Lucid’s sun visors really do detract from that enormous and beautiful expanse of windshield that the Air aspires to offer us. In fact the sun visors just clutter up the windshield. There’s no real way to get them clear and well out of the way. Contrast that to Tesla’s design solution for the Model X:
Tesla holds a patent on that design for a reason. Shame Lucid can’t copy it.

Tesla holds a patent on that design for a reason. Shame Lucid can’t copy it.
I thought that the alpha prototype had a pretty good solution with the sunshades extending from the center, but they decided not to do that.

Back